ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
Frank Valentini

In a statement released via Soap Opera Digest, "One Life to Live" head writer Ron Carlivati says, "I am both excited and honored to remain with 'One Life to Live' as Head Writer and Consulting Producer when the show moves online. My heartfelt thanks to Executive Producer Frank Valentini, as well as to Rich Frank and Jeff Kwantinetz of Prospect Park for this incredible opportunity."
"One Life to Live" isn't even finished filming its last ABC episodes yet and already the soap has signed deals with "OLTL" head writer Ron Carlivati and several of the soaps cast members. By comparison, Prospect Park has signed far fewer deals with cast members from "All My Children," which ended its television run on Friday, September 23.
Ilene Kristen didn't debut as Roxy Balsom on ABC's "One Life to Live" until November 2001, but the actress did learn she had the job on September 10 of that year and began filming on September 27. Ten years later the actress reflects on the days after learning she had gotten the job, and what she is looking forward to when the soap transitions to Prospect Park in the coming months.
As previously reported, "One Life to Live" executive producer Frank Valentini will be taking over both "OLTL" and "All My Children" when he begins his new position as Vice President, Serial Dramas, for Prospect Park immediately following the end of production for "One Life" under the guidance of ABC. Now comes word from our friends at Daytime Confidential, who are reporting that "One Life to Live" Head Writer Ron Carlivati will be joining the show when it transitions to the web beginning in January, despite ABC declaring his move to "General Hospital" in June - weeks before it was announced production company Prospect Park would be taking over production of the series from the network along with "All My Children."

9
on Friday, September 16, 2011 @ 5:00 PM
After recently signing four of "One Life to Live's" most prominent cast members, including long-time veteran Erika Slezak (Viki) to continue with the show when it moves to online-only distribution early next year, Prospect Park takes the next step in their commitment to make for a smooth transition for the show. According to Deadline Hollywood, the production company has hired "One Life" Executive Producer Frank Valentini to remain in his current post with the show, along with becoming Vice President of Serial Dramas.
"One Life to Live" star Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer) had many fans in attendance at last weekends "One Life to Live" Fan Club Weekend Luncheon scratching their heads when she said "I was told by our executive producer [Frank Valentini] yesterday, that on Wednesday [August 10] we tied with 'Y&R.'" Considering "The Young and the Restless" is daytime's #1 soap, we thought she may have made a mistake too, but it turns out she wasn't wrong at all.
Just weeks before the Prospect Park deal to pick up the production and distribution rights of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" from the Disney/ABC Television group was announced, ABC revealed that they had decided to move "One Life" head writer Ron Carlivati to "General Hospital" as a script writer once production wrapped on the soap in November. Is that still the case two months later?

6
on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 @ 6:00 PM
Back in June at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards, "One Life to Live" executive producer Frank Valentini alluded to Soap Opera Network that we hadn't seen the last of Farah Fath despite her character, Gigi Morasco, being killed off. In our Twitter posting that night, we stated "according to Frank Valentini, more surprises in store for #OLTL. Have we seen the last of Gigi? Don't believe what you see!" Come August, that's never been more certain!
According to Gina Tognoni during Saturday's "Girl's Night Out" event during the "One Life to Live" Fan Club Weekend, her character Kelly Cramer will be departing Llanview on Wednesday, August 24, when Kelly decides to return to London to be closer to her son Zane. Meanwhile, Tom Degnan's Joey Buchanan may not be far behind.
As we reported yesterday, we likely have to thank our federal government for providing the funding necessary for Prospect Park to pick up "All My Children" and "One Life to Live," which were both canceled by ABC on Thursday, April 14. The announcement that ABC would be licensing the two iconic soaps to Prospect Park was made on Thursday, July 7, but according to sources the financial deal actually came together back in May, just in time for what is said to be the deadline period for the government to hand out grant money to companies looking to invest in New Media. We thought it was crazy too, but we checked and it is definitely true. What we know about this deal is that upon their completion on ABC, "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" will be migrated to an as-yet-to-be-named Hulu-esque internet video service that would allow both daily soap operas to continue their storytelling for millions of online users and "be delivered with the same quality and in the same format and length," as fans have come to expect for more than forty years, according to the joint press release issued from Disney/ABC and Prospect Park. Translation: One hour per day, five days a week, 52 weeks a year will remain within the realm of reality. What wasn't clear at the time was after both soaps complete their runs on ABC, they will also conclude on SOAPnet.

TODAY'S TOP READS