(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Desperate crimes calls for desperate measures.
THIS WEEK ON: GENERAL HOSPITAL
“If I am pregnant, I need you to claim to be my baby’s father,” says Carly to Jason while awaiting results of her pregnancy test (Carly had sex with her ex-husband, Sonny Corinthos, and her current husband, Jasper “Jax” Jacks, on the same night). Jax confronts Carly after an argument with Sonny in which Sonny claims he could be the father of Carly’s baby as well. Jerry holds Johnny at gun point in an effort to get Anthony to back off Alexis. Nikolas threatens to reveal Claudia’s secret involvement in Michael’s shooting to Jason if any harm comes to Alexis or her family. Carly eases Jax’s mind about her and Sonny. Leyla and Spinelli grow closer. Anna and Patrick discuss how Robin’s childhood may have effected her views on marriage and parenthood. Anna stuns Robin with her new view.
The Inside Story: Introducing Dr. Matt Hunter
Just days after joining the staff of General Hospital, Dr. Matt Hunter (played by “Days of our Lives” alum Jason Cook) takes a liking to Lulu after her visit with Spinelli in the hospital. After a brush off from Lulu, Logan lets Matt in on a business proposition, but Maxie warns Matt to stay away from Logan. Nikolas, Leyla, Matt and Nadine work together in figuring out if the drugs given to a patient treated at the clinc were actually placebos. Matt informs Nikolas that counterfeit drugs were a lucrative business for organized crime.
A Closer Look: Remembering May 1, 2008
ABC Daytime and “General Hospital” will be in re-run mode on Independence Day, July 4, therefore the network will present the May 1, 2008 episode of the soap opera in which Claudia sets a plan in motion by changing her story about Anthony threatening her life. Sonny and Jason’s relationship begins to strain, while Claudia and Johnny form a secret alliance against their father. Look for Kate to receive a startling message from Ian, while Maxie finds a large amount of money missing from Crimson’s operating account. Sonny has a warning for Luke about his growing attachment to the Zacchara family and their organization. Nikolas and Emily share their final dance as Nikolas agrees to live life to the fullest.
What to Watch
- Carly threatens to seduce Sonny if he continues getting in the middle of her relationship with Jax.
- After being rejected again by Lulu, Logan corners Maxie in the Crimson offices and attacks her.
- Carly is out for Kate’s blood after learning that Jax and Kate shared a passionate kiss.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF JULY 7, 2008
- Monday: Lulu is unable to calm an enraged Logan; Anthony can’t forgive Claudia’s past mistakes; Carly makes her life mission in getting revenge on Kate.
- Tuesday: Johnny, Lulu and Maxie work together to cover up a murder; Claudia is rejected by Sonny; Robin stands her ground with Patrick.
- Wednesday: Claudia aides in a cover-up; Jax and Carly fight over a kiss; Sonny pledges his faith in Kate.
- Thursday: Johnny continues to watch over Lulu; Anthony knows something is up with Johnny; Maxie and Lulu grow closer under circumstance.
- Friday: Maxie holds Lulu’s life in her hands; Sonny has a warning for Carly; Patrick is successful in his ability to reach out to Robin.