According to a report by Daytime Confidential, ABC's "General Hospital" will be temporarily losing the characters of Starr Manning, Todd Manning and John McBain as Prospect Park has exercised its right to utilize the characters for its online reboot from the agreement the production company signed with the Disney/ABC Domestic Television Group, part of the Walt Disney Company, back in July 2011.
Daytime Confidential's Jamey Giddens reported earlier today that an agreement between Prospect Park and the WGA (Writers Guild of America) had been made regarding online versions of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."
The big news of December 2012 was word that Prospect Park was taking another stab at moving ABC's "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to the web in 2013. The news was first reported by Deadline.com's Nellie Andreeva. In her initial reporting, Andreeva revealed that Prospect Park had made agreements with the unions SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the DGA (Directors Guild of America). Previously, while the company had planned on debuting the shows on the web in early 2012, no deals had been signed with either union or the WGA (Writers Guild of America). This hindered the company's plan to move forward with the shows and resulted in a postponement that was announced in November 2011. In a statement at the time, AFTRA (prior to its merger with SAG) said that they were "deeply disappointed to read that the executives at Prospect Park have decided to suspend their efforts to produce the long-running and popular daytime serials." Additionally, the union had said that they "remain hopeful that an opportunity to revive these two popular series will emerge in the future, and remain ready to resume discussions should that opportunity arise." The future took more than a year, but it appears to have finally emerged. However, although a representative from SAG-AFTRA confirmed that an agreement with Prospect Park had been made when pressed for comment from Soap Opera Network early last week, it remains unclear if said agreement had actually been signed. "Not absolutely certain it had been signed but can check that for you," said the rep. Due to the holidays, we don't expect a response on that little detail until at least tomorrow, January 2.
Soap Opera Digest grants Daytime Confidential's Jamey Giddens his wish. On Wednesday, August 15, Giddens had posted a Wishful Casting report shortly after word broke that Kevin Schmidt was out as Noah Newman on CBS'" The Young and the Restless." The writer figured that Nickelodeon's "Hollywood Heights" actor Robert Adamson (Phil Sanders) would fit the role perfectly. Today the magazine reported on its Facebook page that Adamson is now heading to Genoa City!
Daytime Confidential is reporting that ABC's "General Hospital" and Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) may part ways as the show has been unable to broker a new deal with the actor.
On Monday afternoon, Vincent Irizarry learned of Jamey Giddens (of Daytime Confidential) rather strong implication on Twitter that [Irizarry's] lack of cooperation along with Agnes Nixon and Lorraine Broderick's "story projections" were a major reason production company Prospect Park decided to reportedly halt early production efforts to move "All My Children" to the internet. Read on to find out how the none too pleased Daytime Emmy Award winner responded to the claim on Facebook on Monday evening.
Even though his character recently wound up on the wrong end of a gun, Trevor St. John is reportedly returning to "One Life to Live" to make one last appearance before the show wraps production on its television run next Friday.
As previously reported, "One Life to Live" executive producer Frank Valentini will be taking over both "OLTL" and "All My Children" when he begins his new position as Vice President, Serial Dramas, for Prospect Park immediately following the end of production for "One Life" under the guidance of ABC. Now comes word from our friends at Daytime Confidential, who are reporting that "One Life to Live" Head Writer Ron Carlivati will be joining the show when it transitions to the web beginning in January, despite ABC declaring his move to "General Hospital" in June - weeks before it was announced production company Prospect Park would be taking over production of the series from the network along with "All My Children."