With “General Hospital” out of original episodes following its production shutdown in March due to COVID-19 concerns, the soap has been airing re-runs. Since Monday, May 25, and running through Friday, June 12, the soap has been re-airing episodes from its annual Nurses Ball event particularly episodes originally aired between 2014 and 2019. Beginning Monday, June 15, the soap will air a week’s worth of episodes tied to the history of Sonny and Carly (Maurice Benard and Laura Wright). All re-run airings scheduled thus far have been part of the show’s themed collections that were made available on ABC’s website and the ABC app in 2018 and 2019.
Below is a breakdown of the Sonny and Carly episodes scheduled to air during the week of June 15:
- Monday, June 15 2020: Sonny and Carly re-declare their love during the Metro Court hostage crisis. (#11232; OAD: 2/07/07)
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020: Sonny has gone off his meds and begins to spiral. Carly convinces him to resume taking the lithium. (#12898; OAD: 09/24/13)
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020: Sonny is in critical condition after being shot. Sitting vigil in the hospital chapel, Carly reads the vows he wrote for her, and remembers their ups and downs. (#13390; OAD: 09/14/15)
- Thursday, June 18, 2020: Sonny and Carly get married in the GH chapel. (#13412; OAD: 10/14/15)
- Friday, June 19, 2020: Grieving for Morgan, Carly blames Sonny for their son’s death. (#13661; OAD: 10/12/16)
While the network has yet to confirm, it’s expected that the week of June 22 will consist of re-runs provided as part of the Jason and Sam (Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco) collection, originally released in 2018 on ABC’s website and the ABC app. It was the first of three collections the network had compiled for the soap. The Sonny & Carly Collection and the Nurses Ball collection followed.