Beginning Monday, May 25, and running through Friday, June 12, ABC will re-air Nurses Ball related episodes of “General Hospital” in place of original episodes. The final official original episode produced before production shutdown in March will air on Thursday, May 21. This marks the first time that the network will air re-runs of the series in place of originals for longer than one week. The series last aired three consecutive re-runs in August 2018 unrelated to a holiday break or breaking news event.
“Without question, the Nurses Ball remains fictional Port Charles’ most glamorous charity event,” the network said of its choice in airing episodes surrounding the popular event. “Dedicated to HIV/AIDS awareness and research, the Nurses Ball features exquisite red carpet fashion, original music, awe-inspiring musical and dance performances, and plenty of intrigue, excitement and drama.” The network hopes fans will “relive the magic, music and mayhem as ABC reaches into the vault to showcase some of ‘General Hospital’s’ greatest hits from the Nurse’s Ball.”
The first week of episodes will be a combination of the 2014 and 2015 Nurses Balls. The Monday, May 25 episode (#13053) kicks off the 2014 festivities which will air through Wednesday, May 27 (#13055), and features such song and dance numbers as “Welcome to the Nurses Ball” performed by Epiphany Johnson (Sonya Eddy), Elizabeth Webber (Rebecca Herbst), Sabrina Santiago (Teresa Castillo) and Felix Dubois (Marc Anthony Samuel), and a special performance of “Willkommen” from “Cabaret” performed by Dr. Liesel Obrecht (Kathleen Gati). On Thursday, May 28 and Friday, May 29 (#13296 and 13298), the 2015 Nurses Ball episodes surround Brad’s (Parry Shen) proposal to Lucas (Ryan Carnes), Duke Lavery (Ian Buchanan) putting a hit on Jordan (then played by Vinessa Antoine) and Spencer (Nicolas Bechtel) receives a surprise visit from a loved one.
Previously, the network announced that it would air original episodes of “GH” through Thursday, May 21, with Friday episodes slated as “Flashback Friday.”
Below is a breakdown of the first week’s worth of episodes:
- Monday, May 25 (Episode #13053): This Year’s Nurses Balls kicks off with an unexpected interruption during the opening number and includes a surprise proposal! Musical performances include the original number “Welcome to the Nurses Ball” performed by Epiphany Johnson, Elizabeth Webber, Sabrina Santiago and Felix Dubois; and a special performance of “Willkommen” from “Cabaret” by Dr. Liesel Obrecht. (OAD: May 18, 2014)
- Tuesday, May 26 (Episode #13055): Luke & Tracy take the next step in their relationship. Spencer convinces Nikolas they have to attend the Ball. Musical performances include “Raise Your Glass” by Pink, performed by Kiki Jerome and Friends: Elizabeth Webber, Lucas Jones, TJ Ashford and Felix Dubois; “You Took the Words Right Out of my Mouth” by Meat Loaf, performed by Eddie Maine; “I Am What I Am by Jerry” Herman, performed by Luke Spencer, a striptease to AC/DC‘s “You Shook Me All Night Long” performed by Magic Milo & the Magic Wands: Nathan West, Lucas Jones, Felix DuBois, Michael Corinthos and TJ Ashford. (OAD: May 9, 2014)
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020 (Episode #13055): Spencer begs for another chance with Emma. Britt tells Nikolas she still loves him. Scott tells Lucy she made a mistake picking Kevin. Musical performances include: “Brokenhearted” by Karmin, performed by Brad Cooper; “I Love It” by Icona Pop, performed by The Haunted Starlets: Sam Morgan, Maxie Jones, Molly Lansing, Lulu Spencer-Falconeri and Kiki Jerome; and the original song performance “Criminal Love” by Eddie Gomez, among others. (OAD: May 12, 2014)
- Thursday, May 28 (Episode #13296): Brad proposes to Lucas. The truth about Ric and Hayden’s connection is revealed. Musical performances include the original number “Welcome to the Nurses Ball” performed by Epiphany Johnson, Elizabeth Webber, Sabrina Santiago and Felix Dubois, “99 Red Balloons” by Nena, performed Dr. Liesel Obrecht and “Marry You” by Bruno Mars performed by Brad Cooper. (OAD: May 1, 2015)
- Friday, May 29, 2020 (Episode #13298): Duke takes a hit out on Jordan. Spencer gets a surprise visit from a loved one. Elizabeth pleads with Nikolas to keep the truth about Jason between them. Musical performances include “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen, performed by Eddie Maine; “It Might Be You” by Stephen Bishop, performed by Damien Spinelli and the original song “You’re Not Alone” performed by Epiphany Johnson and Sabrina Santiago. (OAD: May 5, 2015)