(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what's happening on "The Young and the Restless" during the week of July 4, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Katherine sets her sights on getting even with Colin, while Jill has some harsh words for Cane. Things don't look good for Cane when he spots Lily and Daniel in a intimate kiss. Nick and Phyllis ignite sparks again while working closely. Diane continues making a plan to take Adam down.
The Inside Story: Sharon's 'Wonderful Life'
After a night of having sex with Sam, Sharon begins to think on her past with her family and friends. Sharon soon wonders if it's fair to make Sam a part of her life filled with secrets and starts to write a letter about everything that she's been going through in Genoa City. After she writes it, she starts to look it over and tears the letter up. Sharon decides to bolt again and leave the farm. Sam, wondering where Sharon is, finds her and realizes that she is getting ready to leave. He tries to talk her out of running and Sharon tells him that she truly cares about him but believes that their having sex was a huge mistake. He takes her by surprise when he asks her to move in with him. Meanwhile, back in Genoa City, both Adam and Nick are feeling the loss of Sharon in their hearts as they individually start to reminise over old photos and video footage of her. As the men in Sharon's life think of her, Sharon, who is with Sam, contemplates his offer and begins to slowly embrace her new life away from Genoa City.
A Closer Look: Nick and Phyllis Back in Business
Nick and Billy make his buying Restless Style officlal. As the two are talking, Phyllis walks into the office and cuts them off. Billy learns that Nick has hired Phyllis to work there again, and is furious. He soon gets into it with Phyllis for her destroying his family by taking Lucy away. News soon travels to Victoria, who gives Nick a piece of her mind. She soon accuses her younger brother for taking advantage of Billy when he was at his lowest. Nick tells Victoria that he did no such thing. After the two leave, Phyllis and Nick get down to business by focusing on an article to write about Adam's dirty deeds regarding the Newman IPO. Phyllis attempts to drag Sharon's name into the article but Nick blocks her attempts. Shortly after, Adam saunters in and wants Nick to write an article about Sharon to help prove her innocence. Frustrated, Nick snaps at Adam and the two men begin to argue. Picking up on Nick's frustration, Phyllis seductively flirts with him.
What To Watch
- Adam continues to get a rise out of Victor
- The carjacker poses a threat to Sharon
- A memorial service for Sharon is held
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Mitch Gibney plays Bob on Tuesday, July 5
- Jeff Bowser plays Gingerman on Wednesday, July 6
- Karen Hensel returns as Doris on Thursday, July 7
- Daryly Crittenden plays the Carjacker on Friday, July 8
- Brian Larrabee plays Emmett on Friday, July 8
- Natalie Floyd plays Hunter on Friday, July 8
- Houston Rhines plays a manager on Friday, July 8
- Green River Ordinance appears on Friday, July 8
- Gina Mari Fields plays Brenda on Thursday, July 7 and Friday, July 8
- Matthew John Armstrong plays Lee on Thursday, July 7, Friday, July 8 and Monday, July 11
- Adrian Alvarado plays Marco on Thursday, July 7, Friday, July 8 and Monday, July 11
- Ellery Sprayberry plays Piper on Thursday, July 7, Friday, July 8 and Monday, July 11
- Tasha Ames plays Beverly, Piper's mother on Thursday, July 7, Friday, July 8 and Monday, July 11
- Jessica Collins, who played Dinah Lee Mayberry on the former soap, Loving will play attorney Avery Clark. Her debut on the show begins Wednesday, July 27
- Jeff Branson will be returning back as Ronan Malloy. No date details have been mentioned
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF JULY 11, 2011
- All of Genoa City is shocked when Sharon returns
- Adam declares revenge
- A surprise witness turns Delia's custody case upside down
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: SPRING 2011
- A new lawyer named Avery Clark is hired to clear Sharon's name
- Katherine and Ashley put Tucker in the middle
- Tucker finds out who is his son is
- Lily may be safe but Cane wonders if she will ever reach out and forgive him
- Ronan heads back to Genoa City
- Adam and Diane's dirty deeds against Victor stirs up serious end results
- Diane leaves Genoa City in dramatic fashion
- Nikki returns back to Genoa City
- The Young and the Restless