The week of June 28, 2021 through July 2, 2021 was a good one for the CBS daytime dramas. “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful” attracted their largest audiences in five months, best since the week of February 8-12, 2021.
With an average of 3.373 million viewers tuning in, “Y&R” ranked third among all daytime broadcast programs in Total Viewers behind only the two half hours of “The Price is Right.” The soap ranked second in both Women 18-49 (0.43 rating) and Women 25-54 (0.69 rating) which wasn’t far off from the performance of the second half-hour of “The Price is Right” which ranked number one with a 0.44 and a 0.71, respectively. The second half-hour of “The Price is Right” averaged 4.420 million viewers while the first half-hour averaged 3.984 million viewers.
Placing fourth in Total Viewers, “The Bold and the Beautiful” snagged 2.969 million eyeballs for the week as fans tuned in for the revelation that Quinn (Rena Sofer) was the woman Carter (Lawrence Saint-Victor) was having an affair with and the birth of Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) and Finn’s (Tanner Novlan) baby. The soap ranked fifth in both demos with a 0.37 rating in Women 18-49 and a 0.62 rating in Women 25-54.
What follows is a breakdown of how the daytime shows performed for the week of June 28-July 2, 2021, sorted by Women 25-54 rating. A closer look at the daytime soaps, including their daily performance in the demos, will be posted soon.
Week of June 28, 2021 – July 2, 2021 Rankings
|wdt_ID||Rank||Show (Network)||Women 25-54 Rating||Women 18-49 Rating||Households||Total Viewers|
|1||1||The Price is Right 2 (CBS)||0.71||0.44||2.9/13||4,420,000|
|2||2||The Young and the Restless (CBS)||0.69||0.43||2.3/10||3,373,000|
|3||3||The Price is Right 1 (CBS)||0.64||0.4||2.6/12||3,984,000|
|4||4||TODAY 3rd Hour (NBC)||0.63||0.42||N/A*||N/A*|
|5||5||The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS)||0.62||0.37||2.0/9||2,969,000|
|6||6||General Hospital (ABC)||0.57||0.35||1.4/6||2,055,000|
|7||7||The View (ABC)||0.53||0.36||1.7/8||2,398,000|
|8||8||Let’s Make a Deal 2 (CBS) – R||0.5||0.33||1.8/9||2,798,000|
|9||9||TODAY with Hoda & Jenna (NBC)||0.45||0.29||N/A*||N/A*|
|10||10||GMA3: What You Need to Know (ABC)||0.43||0.3||1.1/4||1,610,000|
|11||11||Let’s Make a Deal 1 (CBS) – R||0.42||0.28||1.6/7||2,371,000|
|12||12||Days of our Lives (NBC)||0.4||0.27||1.1/4||1,504,000|
|13||13||The Talk (CBS)||0.3||0.19||0.9/4||1,318,000|
- “General Hospital” aired for just 29 minutes on Thursday, July 1.
- “GMA3: What You Need to Know” was preempted on Wednesday, June 30 and Friday, July 2. The show aired for just 46 minutes on Thursday, July 1.
- “Let’s Make a Deal” was in reruns for the week.
- “The Talk” was preempted on Friday, July 2.
- “The View” was retitled “VIEW-ALT” on Wednesday, June 30 and Friday, July 2, the latter of which was a repeat. Neither episode counted into the show’s weekly average.
- “TODAY with Hoda & Jenna” was retitled to “TDY Hoda & Jenna-HJ” on Wednesday, June 30. The episode’s ratings did not factor into the show’s weekly average.