As expected, during the week of June 22, 2020, “General Hospital” will re-air a week’s worth of episodes highlighted by pivotal moments from the past of Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) and Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco). The episodes selected were also released in summer 2018 as part of “The General Hospital Collection: The Best of Jason & Sam,” which was released on ABC’s website and the ABC App. The first episode scheduled to air includes the one where Jason and Sam first met all the way back in 2003.
With “General Hospital” out of original episodes following its production shutdown in March due to COVID-19 concerns, the soap has been airing re-runs. Since Monday, May 25, and running through Friday, June 12, the soap has been re-airing episodes from its annual Nurses Ball event particularly episodes originally aired between 2014 and 2019. During the week of June 15-19, 2020, the soap will air a week’s worth of episodes tied to the history of Sonny and Carly (Maurice Benard and Laura Wright). All re-run airings scheduled thus far have been part of the show’s themed collections that were made available on ABC’s website and the ABC app in 2018 and 2019.
Below is a breakdown of the Jason and Sam episodes scheduled to air during the week of June 22:
- Monday, June 22, 2020: Jason Morgan and Sam McCall meet when they are both arrested for aiding and abetting suspected crime boss Sonny Corinthos. (#10417; OAD: December 3, 2003)
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020: A mourning Jason agonizes about telling Sam that her baby died. (#10659; OAD: November 10, 2004)
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020: Sam and Jason have a water gun fight in Hawaii. (#10895; OAD: October 12, 2005)
- Thursday, June 25, 2020: Jason proposes to Sam on a rooftop, using a chrome nut as a temporary substitute for an engagement ring. (#12352; OAD: July 21, 2011)
- Friday, June 26, 2020: Jason and Sam get married at the Noodle Buddha Chinese restaurant. (#12396; OAD: September 22, 2011)
“General Hospital” airs Weekdays on ABC at 2:00 p.m. EDT/1:00 p.m. CDT in most markets. Check your local listings if different in your market.