For the second week in a row, CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” and “The Young and the Restless” will air a week of classic episodes in place of originals during the week of May 4, 2020, the network announced today.
“Y&R” will air episodes dating as far back as 1981 with a focus on the passionate relationship between Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) and Nikki Newman (Melody Thomas Scott), while “B&B” will air episodes dedicated to its most memorable and beloved marriages. With all episodes highlighting the extraordinary location in which they were filmed, “B&B’s” episodes go as far back as 1991. The week kicks off with Brooke Logan’s (Katherine Kelly Lang) 1994 wedding to Ridge (then played by Ronn Moss) and will also feature some of the series’ most popular couples, including Steffy Forrester (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) and Liam Spencer (Scott Clifton), Bill Spencer Jr. (Don Diamont) and Katie Logan (Heather Tom), Eric Forrester (John McCook) and Brooke; and Liam and Hope Logan (then played by Kim Matula).
“It’s incredibly fun to offer fans an opportunity to look back at such memorable moments from ‘Y&R’ and ‘B&B,’” said Amy Reisenbach, Executive Vice President, Current Programs, CBS Entertainment, in announcing the theme weeks last week. “Both of these shows have extraordinary legacies, and these specially curated episodes are only a small portion of what we hope to be able to present in the coming weeks.”
The Y&R” episodes breakdown is as follows:
- Monday, May 4 (OAD: October 31, 1981): Nikki visits Newman Ranch for the first time as Victor tests their chemistry with help from Colonel Douglas Austin (Michael Evans).
- Tuesday, May 5 (OAD: August 17, 1987): Nikki dreams of reuniting with Victor after Ashley (Eileen Davidson) is out of the picture, and Phillip (Thom Bierdz) makes plans for a future with Cricket (Lauralee Bell).
- Wednesday, May 6 (OAD: June 2, 1990): Nikki takes center stage at the Colonnade Room, Drucilla (Victoria Rowell) finds herself in trouble, and Sheila (Kimberlin Brown) distracts Scott (Peter Barton) from Lauren (Tracey E. Bregman).
- Thursday, May 7 (OAD: April 14, 1998): Victor and Nikki cannot deny their attraction, Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Sharon’s (Sharon Case) marriage is on the rocks, and Katherine (Jeanne Cooper) interferes in Jill’s (Jess Walton) relationship with Keith Dennison (Granville Van Dusen).
- Friday, May 8 (OAD: September 5, 2002): Victor and Nikki are remarried at the iconic Colonnade Room while Ashley struggles with a secret.
Each episode will air in “Y&R’s” regular timeslot, 12:30 p.m EDT/11:30 a.m., PDT.
The “B&B” episodes breakdown is as follows:
- Monday, May 4 (OAD: September 30, 1994): Taylor Hayes (Hunter Tylo) desperately attempts to escape from Prince Omar (Kabir Bedi) to let Ridge (then played by Ronn Moss) know that she’s alive, while Ridge and Brooke have their epic first wedding in front of friends… and foes on the beautiful beach in Point Dume, California.
- Tuesday, May 5 (OAD: March 22, 2017): Steffy and Liam are wed in front of the iconic Opera House on the glorious Sydney, Australia harbor. While the ceremony progresses in front of family and friends, Wyatt (Darin Brooks) eases his sorrows over his brother’s marriage to his ex-wife with several drinks.
- Wednesday, May 6 (OAD: November 13, 2009): Katie, the only woman to have ever stolen Dollar Bill’s heart, walks down the aisle to become Mrs. William Spencer, Jr., with her sisters at her side, at the San Fernando Valley home where she was raised. “Dallas” icon Patrick Duffy guest stars as Katie’s father, Stephen Logan.
- Thursday, May 7 (OAD: January 8, 1991): Eric Forrester and Brooke Logan say “I Do” as Eric’s ex-wife, Stephanie (Susan Flannery), and Brooke’s true love, Ridge, watch without objection. Eric then takes Brooke on a romantic and surprise honeymoon in a magnificent hot-air balloon in Palm Springs, California.
- Friday, May 8 (OAD: June 26, 2012): Having overcome astounding obstacles, Hope (then played by Kim Matula) and Liam joyously say “I Do” in front of family, friends, and the many residents of the beautiful city of Puglia, Italy. Frustrated and brokenhearted, Steffy updates Eric and Stephanie on the dramatic events transpiring in Puglia.
Each episode will air in “B&B’s” regular timeslot, 1:30 p.m. EDT/12:30 p.m., PDT.
You can watch promo clips from the episodes below.
“The Bold and the Beautiful”:
“The Young and the Restless”: