List of Returns to ‘All My Children’ Grows. Who is Next?
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) –– On Friday, July 1, “All My Children” confirmed that Leven Rambin has officially joined the growing list of actors returning to the soap before it goes off the air. Rambin played Jackson Montgomery’s (Walt Willey) step-daughter Lily Montgomery from June 2004 to June 2008 and her paternal and identical half-sister Ava Benton from March 2007 to February 2008. An air-date or air-dates for the actress slated to star on the anticipated book-to-film adaptation of the “Hunger Games” is not available at this time.
Rambin joins an already enormous – and still growing – list of actors set to return for the “All My Children” Goodbye Tour. The following is a master list to help viewers keep up:
- Cady McClain returned to start taping Dixie’s reemergence on Tuesday, May 10 and thanks to editing first aired a week later on Tuesday, May 17. McClain is here to stay as the mother of the troubled JR Chandler (Jacob Young) and the favorite ex-wife of Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight) thru the final episode on ABC. Look for Dixie to begin doing a lot more than stirring in her sleep, dreaming and whispering phrases beginning on the week of July 18.
- Eva La Rue will reprise the role of Dr. Maria Santos on Tuesday, July 19, Thursday, July 21 and in three more episodes before the show ends on ABC on September 23. La Rue, who is currently a series regular on CBS’ “CSI: Miami,” taped her first set of episodes on Monday, June 13 and is due to tape the other three episodes before production is shut down on September 2. Late last week, on her official Twitter account, La Rue reaffirmed that Dr. Santos will be involved in story with “Dr. Evil” who is also known to fans of the show as Dr. David Hayward (Vincent Irizarry).
- Kate Collins, Melissa Claire Egan and Jennifer Bassey are returning for a reportedly brief story arc together later this month. Collins will start her return tour as troubled Amanda Martin’s (Chrishell Stause) mother Janet Green on Monday, July 25. An exact numbers of episodes for Collins return has not been released. Egan will return as Annie Chandler on Thursday, July 28. The 2-time Daytime Emmy Award nominee is reportedly back for three episodes. Egan will be joined by Bassey on July 28. Bassey returns as Liza Colby’s (Jamie Luner) mother Marian Colby for an undisclosed amount of episodes. The aforementioned characters are all currently residents of Oak Haven, Pine Valley’s psychiatric facility.
- On Wednesday, June 29, Thorsten Kaye returned to the studio to begin taping his return as Zach Slater. The 4-time Daytime Emmy Award nominee revealed to sources close to him that his first script was dated for a Friday, August 5 airing. Soap Opera Digest reports that fans can actually expect Zach to begin airing in July thanks to editing. The actor taped for two days preceding the cast starting a three-week vacation on Friday, July 1. Like McClain, Kaye will remain on the show thru the final episode on ABC. Head-Writer Lorraine Broderick reports that Kaye will be working a lot.
- Josh Duhamel returned to tape scenes as the popular Leo du Pres on Thursday, June 16. The episodes he taped that day are slated to air in August. The exact air-date and number of episodes he’s back for has not been released. Although it was initially reported he would be back for one or possibly two episodes, ABC Soaps In Depth recently announced that they have heard the Daytime Emmy winner and “Transformers” star could air in up to three episodes. In the latest issue of SOD on stands, Duhamel talks about “first-day” jitters and reconnecting with his long-time on-screen love played by Rebecca Budig.
- Legendary comedian Carol Burnett will also return to the show. She’s scheduled to tape in August for scenes that are slated to air in September. Burnett debuted on “All My Children” in the role of Langley Wallingford’s (Louis Edmonds) daughter, Verla Grubbs, in 1983. For more details on Burnett’s career, her history with the show and her return, click here!
There will very likely be even more returns before all is said and done on the last day of filming on September 2. At this time the only official word SON has on the returns of David Canary and Julia Barr is there is nothing to report … yet. Canary and Barr spent decades on the 41-year old daytime drama playing, respectively, the premier bad-boy patriarch Adam Chandler and the love of his life and force to be reckoned with in her own right Brooke English. On the popular syndicated morning show “Live with Regis and Kelly,” Kelly Ripa has acknowledged that she has been contacted about returning briefly as Adam’s daughter, Hayley Santos. No final agreement has been reached at this point due to the East coast based Ripa’s busy schedule. La Rue in a recent interview appeared to let slip that Ripa’s husband Mark Consuelos would be back as Maria’s brother, Mateo. There has been no confirmation from either the actor or the show. Rising film-star, Shannon Kane reports that she expects to return as Jesse’s daughter, Natalia, before all is said and done. Ray MacDonnell and Lee Meriwether are also sure to be seen at least once more on “All My Children” as Dr. Joe and Ruth Martin.
- All My Children
- Cady McClain
- David Canary
- Jennifer Bassey
- Lee Meriwether
- Thorsten Kaye
- Ray MacDonnell
- Julia Barr
- Kelly Ripa
- Mark Consuelos
- Kate Collins
- Eva LaRue
- Josh Duhamel
- Melissa Claire Egan
- Carol Burnett