We’ve officially entered the Christmas holiday season with Hallmark Channel, Lifetime and other networks already airing themed movies, but don’t let that stop you from preparing for what’s coming up on “General Hospital” this Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day when the show airs two brand new holiday episodes each along with what’s to come as the clock strikes midnight and Port Charles welcomes the new year in a manner in which only they can provide.
In a preview released by ABC, the network notes that overall there will be five holiday-themed episodes of “GH” aired. On Wednesday, November 24, the Thanksgiving Day episode kicks off and concludes on Monday, November 29, a result of last month’s last-minute preemption. Meanwhile, on Tuesday, December 21 and Wednesday, December 22, Port Charles will celebrate Christmas with Santa Claus coming to town with promises of hope, joy and happiness for all. Sadly, tragedy strikes.
Episode by Episode Breakdown:
- Wednesday, November 24 – While some enjoy the Thanksgiving parade in Port Charles, others hope for the best at their respective family gatherings – knowing that past holidays have sometimes gone awry. Unexpected news and arrivals, awkward encounters and apologies make for an unpredictable holiday.
- Monday, November 29 – Emotions run high, tempers run hot, and folks in Port Charles try to make sense of recent events at heartfelt gatherings with the ones they love, acknowledging all they have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- Tuesday, December 21 – As Santa Claus and his helpers bring Christmas cheer to General Hospital, the annual tree lighting fills the community with hope and promise. Meanwhile, Port Charles experiences a holiday that will not soon be forgotten when a long-awaited homecoming brings renewed faith to the community.
- Wednesday, December 22 – The full range of human emotions is on display this holiday as Port Charles families come together to both hold each other close as they face tragedy and celebrate joyfully as they look to the future.
- Thursday, December 30 – New Year’s Eve plans shift and change, and although not everyone ends the night with a kiss, the celebratory atmosphere is undeniable and love is in the air as Port Charles rings in the new year.
“General Hospital” airs Weekdays on ABC. Anytime On Demand or on Hulu.