On Saturday, June 27 at 6:00 p.m. EDT, get your hotdogs and your hamburgers ready Elizabeth Keifer, Michael O’Leary and Jerry verDorn will be joined by several cast members from “Guiding Light” as they fire up the grill for “The 16th Annual Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism” event taking place virtually.
Since it’s inception, the event has brought together “GL” alums as they meet in New York City with fans to help raise funds and awareness for those on the Autism spectrum. All donations go directly to The Autism Society of America, a non-profit organization.
This year, with COVID-19 putting a stop to in-person gatherings, Daytime Stars and Strikes Founder Wendy Madore and “The Locher Room’s” Alan Locher were able to come up with the perfect opportunity to continue this tradition and bring the event home to the fans of the iconic soap opera. As such, the event will be available via live-stream on Locher’s YouTube channel as cast members share stories and answer questions from fans.
Listed below are cast members who’ve confirmed plans to attend the virtual event. More names will be provided closer to the event date and all attendees are subject to change. To donate during the live broadcast, or at any time, visit daytimestarsandstrikes.com and click on the “Donate” button.
- Grant Aleksander (ex-Phillip)
- Orlagh Cassidy (ex-Doris)
- Beth Chamberlin (ex-Beth)
- Crystal Chappell (ex-Olivia)
- Frank Dicopoulos (ex-Frank)
- Maureen Garrett (ex-Holly)
- Melissa Hayden (ex-Bridget)
- Morgan Englund (ex-Dylan)
- Amelia Marshall (ex-Gilly)
- Robert Newman (ex- Josh)
- Denise Pence (ex-Katie)
- Nancy St. Alban (ex-Michelle)
- Jennifer Roszell (ex-Eleni)
- Elvera Roussel (ex-Hope)
- Tina Sloan (ex-Lillian)
- Paul Anthony Stewart (ex-Danny)
- Krista Tesreau (ex-Melinda)
- Gina Tognoni (ex-Dinah)
- Lawrence Saint-Victor (ex-Remy; Carter, “The Bold and the Beautiful”)
- Jordi Vilasuso (ex-Tony; Ray, “The Young and the Restless”)
- Yvonna Kopacz Wright (ex-Mel)
- Kim Zimmer (ex-Reva)