Monday, September 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM ET by Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) Wedded bliss or wedding disaster…
THIS WEEK ON:THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Due to the U.S. Tennis Open, the show will be pre-empted Monday, September 6 Jack gives Ashley an earful when it comes to Abby's trust fund, Tuesday, September 7 Phyllis finds a way to get under Nick's skin: Deacon Sharpe. Abby takes matters into her own hands by hiring a lawyer concerning her trust. Friday, September 10, the show is again pre-empted due to the U.S. Tennis Open.
The Inside Story:Unhappy Father of the Bride
After hearing the announcement of Victoria's pregnancy, Victor is beyond furious at his daugher's actions. Nikki, not wanting Victor and Victoria's relationship to continue to crumble, she does her best to smooth things out. Unfortunately, Victor isn't interested in working things out, but does agree that he and Victoria need time to talk. When Victor learns that Billy and Victoria are engaged and plan to get married, he blows his top and blasts Billy by telling him that he's only interested in marrying his daughter in an attempt to get back at him. While Billy is greatly offended by Victor's accusation, it's Victoria that maintains her composure, despite her father's rudeness. Still peeved by Victor's comment, Billy rubs salt in the wounds by asking Victoria to marry him tomorrow. Once Victoria agrees to get married, Victor is further angry and storms out. Meanwhile, alone, Victoria and Billy start making plans to get married, but soon realize that there is a five day waiting period to get a marriage license. Determined to be married at all costs, they decide to wed in Vegas. Realizing that it's more important for her daughter to be happy, she busies herself in coming up with a way to keep the couple in Genoa City. Pulling some strings, Nikki calls Judge Anderson, a old friend, who kindly waives the waiting period to do the ceremony. In the meantime, still seething about his daughter's 'betrayal', Victor shares the news with Jack and Ashley. Jack, like Victor, is strongly against a Newman/Abbott union. Victor tells Jack that he will do whatever it takes to stop the wedding. Back at their home, the lovebirds make preparation for a wedding in their front yard. Nikki offers her help with the wedding, and ponts out to Victor she's going to stand by their daughter. After learning this, Victor is more than ready to scheme to ruin the wedding. In the meantime, Victoria asks Daniel if he'd be williing to photograph their wedding and talks to Jana about becoming her bridesmaid. Billy, on the other hand, asks Rafe Torres to be best man. As the wedding gets underway, it is obvious that Victor's absense is making it loud and clear for Victoria that he doesn't approve. Realizing that she doesn't have her father walking her down the aisle, Nicholas offers to do it. An assemble of interesting guests are there to witness the wedding; amongst being Jack, Gloria, Katherine and Abby. As Billy and Victoria are ready to get married, Victor makes his dramatic interruption of the nuptials, infuriating Nikki, and stunning all in attendance.
A Closer Look:Double-Crossed
Pushed against the wall, Ronan let's Owen know that he'll have no problem taking out Chance. Back at the Crimson Lights, Paul shows Nina the enhanced picture of what her son would look like, and she's stunned that it looks like Ronan. Meanwhile, after some serious thinking after her heated discussion with Chance, Chloe begins to worry that he's being set up to walk into a trap. Heather, on the other hand, finds herself opening up her heart to Chance when she tells him that she has feelings for him. Later that evening, Ronan and Heather run into one another and the two get into it. Realizing that he needs to do whatever he can to prevent anything from happening to Chance, Ronan pulls out all the stops to protect him. Chance, however, only has one objective in mind: clearing his name and bringing down Ronan. When the two brothers confront one another, they don't realize that they are soon placed in a web of danger. As the danger mounts, Ronan takes matters into his own hands and takes aim.
What To Watch
- Vance gives Abby a firm warning about going up against her father
- All eyes are on Phyllis and her 'date' at the wedding
- Phyllis relishes all things going on around her
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- The character of 'Noah Newman' will be returning to the canvas September 21st with newcomer actor Luke Kleintank
- Elinor Donahue, who played 'Betty' in the classic fifties television show Father Knows Best will come to the show some time in September as 'Judge Anderson' who is slated to be the offical that will marry Billy and Victoria on September 8 and September 9
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on "Y&R" during the week of August 30, 2010? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday's at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2010
- Abby plans her next step
- As Nina suffers a great loss, she has no clue that another son is about to be revealed
- Meggie continues to manipulate Nikki
SON ALERT BONUS: FALL PREVIEWS 2010
- Phillip Chancellor's arrival stirs up a mole hill of problems
- Cane still has secrets that he is afraid of reveal to Lily
- Lily soon realizes she has some hard decisions to make in her relationship with Cane
- Victor does whatever he can to keep Victoria and Billy from walking down the aisle
- Nikki's spiral back into drinking couldn't come at a worse time as the anniversary of Colleen's death
- As someone's life is suddenly taken, questions and revelations begin to surface
"The Young and the Restless" airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
You may not reproduce content without written permission from author.
© 2010 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.