Starting Friday, April 21, “Spider-Man” fans in the United States can stream four films featuring the iconic superhero on Disney+, the service announced Thursday. The films include “Spider-Man,” “Spider-Man 2” and “Spider-Man 3,” starring Tobey Maguire, and “The Amazing Spider-Man,” starring Andrew Garfield. Additional films in the “Spider-Man” library, including “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” starring Tom Holland, and “Venom” will be released on Friday, May 12 on the service.
In anticipation of the release, Disney+ released an all-new “Spider-Man” TV spot titled “Welcome Home, Spider-Man,” referencing the four film’s new streaming home after being available on Netflix.
With Sony Pictures owning the film rights to the “Spider-Man” franchise, there’s no word yet on when fans can expect to see additional films from the Spidey-Verse on the service. However, in its announcement, Disney+ noted additional titles from Sony Pictures’ film and television library are expected to premiere on Disney+ in the U.S. later this year.
Check out the TV spot and a breakdown of each “Spider-Man” movie description below.
Spider-Man (2002) – Available April 21, 2023
- Average teenager Peter Parker is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after he is accidentally bitten by a radioactive spider. When his beloved uncle is savagely murdered during a robbery, young Peter vows to use his powers to avenge his death. Deeming himself “Spider-Man,” he sets about ridding the streets of crime, bringing him into conflict with malevolent super-villain “Green Goblin.”
Spider-Man 2 (2004) – Available April 21, 2023
- In “Spider-Man 2™,” Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as college student and a superhuman crime fighter. Peter’s life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius who has been reincarnated as the maniacal and multi-tentacled “Doc Ock.” When Doc Ock kidnaps MJ, Spider-Man must swing back into action as the adventure reaches new heights of unprecedented excitement.
Spider-Man 3 (2007) – Available April 21, 2023
- Peter Parker finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson, and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man’s suit black, his darkest demons come to light changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains – the deadly Sandman, Venom, and the New Goblin – as well as the enemy within himself.
The Amazing Spider-Man™ (2012) – Available April 21, 2023
- A teenage Peter Parker grapples with both high school and amazing super-human crises as his alter-ego Spider-Man.
Spider-Man™: Homecoming (2017) – Available May 12, 2023
- A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero. Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May, under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark. Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine, but when the Vulture emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
Venom (2018) – Available May 12, 2023
- Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancée. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers – transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?