Home / News / ‘Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism’ Charity Event to Honor the Late Jerry verDorn

‘Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism’ Charity Event to Honor the Late Jerry verDorn

“The 18th Annual Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism” charity event will take place virtually next month in tribute to the late Jerry verDorn.

‘Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism’ Charity Event to Honor the Late Jerry verDorn

“The 18th Annual Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism” charity event will take place virtually next month in tribute to the late Jerry verDorn.

On Sunday, October 9 at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT, a virtual edition of the annual “Daytime Stars and Strikes for Autism” fundraiser event will take place in tribute to the charity’s founding co-host, Jerry verDorn (“Guiding Light,” “One Life to Live”), who passed away earlier this year after a battle with cancer. He was just 72 years old.

According to organizers, 75% of proceeds received during this year’s fundraiser will go to The Autism Society of America and the remaining 25% will go to the newly established Jerry verDorn Scholarship Fund, which helps send individuals with Autism to theater camps and other educational programs. “This will be an amazing afternoon sharing our memories of Jerry and the impact he made on our lives and on this charity event year after year,” reads a statement from event organizers. 

Those scheduled to take part in this year’s event to celebrate the life of the late actor, father and loving friend include such soapers as Kristen AldersonTerrell AnthonyGrant AleksanderBryan BuffintonJean CarolBeth ChamberlinCrystal ChappellJustin DeasMark DerwinFrank DicopoulosRicky Paull GoldinMelissa HaydenRick HearstCrystal HuntVincent IrizarryLiz KeiferMaeve KinkeadWendy MonizRobert NewmanMichael O’Leary, Denise Pence, Ron Raines, Sean Ringgold, Peter Simon, Erika Slezak, Tina SloanKrista TesreauGina TognoniBree WilliamsonLaura Wright and Kim Zimmer

The event will take place during a special edition of Alan Locher‘s popular podcast, “The Locher Room.”

For more information about the event and how to donate, click here.