In the weeks since “The Bold and the Beautiful” began airing classic episodes in place of originals following its March production shutdown due to COVID-19 concerns, there was no episode more demanded than the debut episode of the daytime phenomenon. First aired on March 23, 1987, CBS will air the pilot episode of the series on Monday, June 8 during another week of encores that were picked by fans for the first time.
Below is a breakdown of which episodes will air during the week of June 8-12, 2020:
- Monday, June 8, 2020: In the debut episode of “B&B,” viewers are introduced to Forrester Creations fashion mogul, Eric Forrester (original cast member John McCook) and his sons Ridge (then played by Ronn Moss) and Thorne (then played by Clayton Norcross) during the preview of Eric’s new couture line to the press. Publishing mogul Bill Spencer, Sr. (Jim Storm) demands that playboy Ridge stop dating his daughter Caroline (Joanna Johnson) before he breaks her heart. Brooke (original cast member Katherine Kelly Lang) arrives home to her sister Katie (then played by Nancy Sloan) after being attacked on her way home from college. (Episode #1; OAD: March 23, 1987)
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020: Eric Forrester and Ridge Forrester compete against one another as lead designers in an elegant fashion show set amidst the romantic and glamorous backdrop of Portofino, Italy. As Massimo Marone (the late Joe Mascolo), Bridget (then played by Jennifer Finnegan), Sally (played by the late Darlene Conley), Darla (Schae Harrison) watch Ridge, designing for Spectra Fashions and Eric, designing for Forrester Creations, bring their best to the “Portofino Challenge.” Stephanie (Susan Flannery) and Clarke (Dan McVicar) emcee the event and Brooke stuns as the showstopper arriving via boat on the Ligurian Sea. (Episode #3957; OAD: January 6, 2003)
- Wednesday, June 10, 2020: Brooke antagonizes Stephanie about becoming Mrs. Ridge Forrester again after Ridge puts a ring on her finger. Stephanie and Sally drink to ease their woes when Sally decides that what Stephanie needs to win Eric back is a makeover. In a hilarious scene, a drunken Sally gives an equally drunk Stephanie a hair cut while listing her workplace demands after Stephanie offers her a job at Forrester Creations. (Episode #4131: OAD: September 16, 2003)
- Thursday, June 11, 2020: Oliver (Zach Conroy) throws Hope (then played by Kim Matula) a special masquerade party in celebration of her high school graduation. With all of the women dressed alike in sequined dresses and all men and women disguised with full face masks, what could possibly go wrong? Brooke, in costume, chaperones the party waiting for Ridge while he attempts to persuade Steffy (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) not to crash the party. Caught up in the beat of Daddy Yankee’s performance, Brooke and Oliver, Hope’s boyfriend, make a passionate case of mistaken identity. (Episode #5830: OAD: June 4, 2010)
- Friday, June 12, 2020: Wyatt (Darin Brooks) is horrified to find out that this mother Quinn (Rena Sofer) has kidnapped his brother Liam (Scott Clifton), who is suffering from amnesia and is living with him as man and wife, “Adam” and “Eve”. Meanwhile, Bill (Don Diamont) questions Steffy about Wyatt’s theory that Liam is just “trying to find himself.” Alone in the cabin he shares with “Eve”, Liam, through a series of flashbacks, slowly regains his memory, realizing who he is, Liam Spencer, and who he has lost, Steffy. In a moment of clarity, Liam confronts Quinn and with the help of Wyatt locks her in a closet before returning to Malibu for a bittersweet reunion with Steffy. (Episode 7306: Original Airdate: April 8, 2016)
“The Bold and the Beautiful” airs Weekdays on CBS at 1:30 p.m. EDT/12:30 p.m. PDT.