‘The Chew’ Hosts ABC Primetime Preview Special
via Press Release
“THE CHEW” TAKES A BITE OUT OF ABC’S NEW FALL SEASON WITH A ONE-HOUR PRIMETIME SPECIAL, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
Vanessa Williams, Terry O’Quinn, Reba, Hayden Panettiere, Jami Gertz and Andre Braugher Among the Stars Featured
Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz travel coast to coast — from California and New York to Hawaii and Nashville — to bring viewers a sneak peek at the ABC Fall Primetime lineup. Interviewing some of the network’s hottest new stars, the special has something for everyone. From diva-filled musical drama and deep and dark desires to quirky and “out of this world” comedies and thrillers, “The Chew Presents ABC’s Primetime Fall Preview Special” airs Sunday, September 2 (7:00-8:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.
Highlights of the special include:
- “666 Park Avenue” stars Vanessa Williams (“Desperate Housewives”) and Terry O’Quinn (“Lost”) enjoy cocktails and canapés with Clinton Kelly from a chic Manhattan hotel room to talk about their sexy, seductive new primetime address. “666 Park Avenue” premieres Sunday, September 30 at 10:00 p.m., ET.
- Carla Hall travels home as she visits “Nashville” star Hayden Panettiere (“Heroes”) on the legendary stage of The Grand Ole Opry and visits with her co-stars, Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio, at the iconic Bluebird Cafe. The series premieres Wednesday, October 10 at 10:00 p.m., ET.
- Aloha from Oahu, Hawaii, the breathtaking location for ABC’s new action adventure series, “Last Resort,” premiering Thursday, September 27 at 8:00 p.m., ET. Series star Andre Braugher (“Men of a Certain Age”; “Homicide: Life on the Street”) sits oceanside with Daphne Oz for comfort food, conversation and a hometown surprise, all amidst the palm trees and island breeze.
- Carla Hall catches up with the stars of the new family comedy series “The Neighbors” at Johnnie’s Coffee Shop in Los Angeles, where Jami Gertz (“Entourage “and 80s classics “Square Pegs” and “Sixteen Candles”) and other stars share a preview of their quirky new sitcom that’s sure to bring the family together for a night of laughs. “The Neighbors” premieres Wednesday, September 26 at 9:30 p.m., ET, and moves to its regular time slot of 8:30 p.m., beginning Wednesday, October 3.
- It’s a food truck fiesta as Daphne Oz meets country music superstar Reba (“Reba”) to talk about her new sitcom, “Malibu Country,” which premieres Friday, November 2 at 8:30 p.m., ET.
Gordon Elliott is the executive producer of “The Chew Presents ABC’s Primetime Fall Primetime Special.”
About “The Chew”:
Celebrating and exploring life through food, “The Chew” is an innovative and groundbreaking daytime series co-hosted by a dynamic group of engaging, fun, relatable experts in food, lifestyle, and entertaining. Produced by Gordon Elliott’s Chew Productions for the ABC Television Network, “The Chew” serves up everything food — from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays and more — all aimed at making life better, fuller and more fun. Featuring celebrity chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon, and Carla Hall, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly and health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz, “The Chew” is a leap forward into a delicious new kind of lifestyle series.