(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Noting the nations thirst for New Jersey based reality entertainment, in the summer of 2010, the cable network Oxygen jumped into the fray with “Jersey Couture.” Except for being based in New Jersey, viewers will not see much similarities between this series and the eccentricities of Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey” and MTV’s “Jersey Shore.” “Jersey Couture” rather takes a page from TLC’s “Say Yes to the Dress.” Both programs share the same producers. This reality series follows the fun and drama surrounding the Scali family (and their customers) as they run Diane & Co., one of New Jersey’s premiere dress boutiques.
When the series debuts its second season, Diane Scali and daytime fans will be excited to see a familiar face or two walk into the New Jersey boutique. Former “All My Children” star Alicia Minshew, who played Kendall Hart on the cancelled serial from 2002 to 2011, stops by Diane & Co. looking for some red-carpet looks. Minshew brings along former co-star Ricky Paull Goldin (who has starred on”Another World,” “Guiding Light” and “AMC”) to assist on her mission.
The following is the full synopsis of the two half-hour installments marking the season premiere of “Jersey Couture” airing on Tuesday, February 7 on Oxygen:
10:00 P.M. ET/PT (Episode Title: Say Yes to Excess): Three clients come to Diane & Co. to look for the perfect dress for their individual events. Chelsea wants to be the belle of the ball at the Marine Corps Ball, Tenin is going to her album release party and wants all eyes on her when she walks into the room and Alexandra – who hasn’t worn a dress in 20 years – needs the perfect number for her book launch party in Texas. If that wasn’t enough to keep the Scali ladies busy, Kimberly is a few weeks away from having a baby, and she’s still working in heels. She is ready for a break, but Christina doesn’t want to be stuck doing all the work. The sisters decide to try to talk Diane into letting them hire an assistant. Will Diane go for it?
10:30 P.M. ET/PT (Episode Title: All My Dresses): Diane is in for the surprise of a lifetime when one of her favorite “All My Children” actors, Alicia Minshew, comes in to the store looking for dresses for her red carpet events. Is Alicia ready for red carpet glam Jersey style? Later, a pageant princess battles with her mom over her pricey dream dress. How will the Scalis handle the dresses and the drama this season?
Watch a supertease for Season Two of “Jersey Couture”:
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Episode Recap – Thursday, February 2, 2012.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Luke drops in on Ethan and Cassandra at Wyndemere. Ethan and Cassandra make love – while someone else at Wyndemere knocks Luke to the ground.
Olivia narrows in on Maggie’s antics with Steve – and their past in Memphis. What does Johnny know about Memphis?
Carly stops by Johnny’s garage and Olivia interrupts. Shawn gets personal advice from Ewen, and there is tension with Carly.
Delores is attacked in an alleyway.
Robin has a conversation with Mac.
Alexis and Diane get drunk with Coleman, but Alexis is affected by more than the alcohol… what could it be?
Sonny surprises Kate but will he regret his trip?
On the Next General Hospital…
- Dr. Lee has important news.
- Something new about Helena.
- Dante and Lulu discover Delores.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of January 23-27, 2012
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
1. Y&R 4,963,000 (-98,000/-292,000)
2. B&B 3,626,000 (+155,000/+407,000) <——- 3 year high *
3. DAYS 2,539,000 (+11,000/-247,000)
4. GH 2,300,000 (+91,000/-387,000)
* Highest since February 2-6, 2009 (3,688,000)
1. Y&R 3.6/11 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.1/+.3) <——- 2 year high *
3. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/-.1)
4. GH 1.7/5 (+.1/-.3)
* Highest since January 4-8, 2010 (2.6/8)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 958,000 (-2,000/-74,000)
2. B&B 801,000 (+104,000/+176,000) <—— 2 year high *
3. GH 592,000 (+62,000/-189,000)
4. DAYS 531,000 (-66,000/-223,000)
* Highest since January 25-29, 2010 (806,000)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5/9 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.3/8 (+.2/+.4) <——- 3 year high *
3. GH 0.9/5 (+.1/-.3)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/-.3) <—— ties low
* Highest since February 16-20, 2009 (1.3/8)
Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7/4 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 0.6/4 (+.1/+.2)
3. DAYS 0.5/3 (same/-.3)
4. GH 0.4/2 (same/-.2) <—— ties low (2nd straight week)
Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 1,111,000 (-100,000/-147,000)
2. B&B 780,000 (-8,000/+51,000)
3. DAYS 608,000 (+61,000/-50,000)
4. GH 460,000 (-6,000/-46,000)
Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
For the SEASON September 19, 2011 through January 29, 2012
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.5
3. DAYS 2.0
4. GH 1.9
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5
2. DAYS 1.1
2. GH 1.1
4. B&B 1.0
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” makes some additions to the writing staff.
Two former “One Life To Live” script writers Scott Sickles and Elizabeth Page has joined the “GH” writing staff. Also, joining the “GH” team is David Rupel, who is an executive producer for Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”. Rupel returns to “GH” where he was a breakdown writer from 1999-2001. He also wrote for “Guiding Light” in 2002 and from 2006-2009.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” DVR Alerts for the Week of February 6, 2012.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: DVR ALERTS
- Monday: Jason and Sam get important news. Maxie desire to make Matt jealous falls flat. Sonny is surprised with Kate.
- Tuesday: More news for Robin. Carly gets a bombshell from Kate. A moment for Michael with his mom.
- Wednesday: Jason and Sam discuss their future. Olivia is shocked at her new boss at the MetroCourt. Diane gives Alexis a present.
- Thursday: Johnny is furious at Anthony. Sonny and Kate seem worlds apart. Robin, Patrick and Emma visit a special place.
- Friday: Monica visits Jason. A bonding moment for Alexis, Sam and Molly. Elizabeth gets an earful from Cameron.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Episode Recap – Wednesday, February 1, 2012.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Jason and Sam come together despite circumstances – and results are in!
Dante refuses to be part of Sonny’s pulmonary research benefit. Kate has yet another work trip but who is following her?
Michael exhibits an uncanny aptitude for business to Edward and Tracy’s delight.
Trust grows between TJ and Molly as they study together.
Matt is twinged when Ewen asks Elizabeth to join him in the supply closet.
Lulu rolls her eyes at Maxie and Spinelli’s typical shenanigans.
On the Next General Hospital…
- Olivia learns more about Maggie’s past with Steven.
- Robin and Mac talk about the future.
- Alexis and Diane have too much fun with Coleman.