(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — No, it is not the message “All My Children” viewers have been eagerly anticipating, although Soap Opera Network is confident that the announcement of Julia Barr’s return to the ABC soap with long-time co-star David Canary is imminent. In the meantime, ten-time Daytime Emmy nominee Barr wants us to know that June 20-24 has been designated Born Free USA’s Keep Wildlife in the Wild Week. Born Free USA and entertainers that support the cause including long-time animal advocate Barr, who spent thirty years on “All My Children” as Brooke English, Linda Dano, star of “Another World” and numerous other daytime dramas, popular star of the British edition of “The Office” and film star Ricky Gervais, and television legend Florence Henderson want to help bring light to the serious and dangerous issues that face wild animals and help encourage citizens of the world to take action to help protect the wild animals on our planet.
During the week of June 20, visit the Born Free USA Official Website, the Born Free USA official Twitter feed and the Born Free USA official Facebook page to hear and read supportive testaments from celebrities about Wildlife, read surprising facts about wildlife and learn simple ways we can all help in the effort to keep Wildlife safe and in the wild. In correlation, supporters can get something extra for giving something to this cause by participating in the Born Free USA auction to benefit Wildlife and Wildlife Photo Contest. In addition, two-time Daytime Emmy Award winner Barr and Born Free USA Executive Vice President Adam Roberts asked SON to share the following list with our readers who want to help support the cause.
Born Free USA will offer people dozens of ways they can make a difference during Keep Wildlife in the Wild Week. Among them are these TOP TEN ACTIONS:
1. Do not buy any wildlife products, such as sea turtle shell or elephant ivory, when you take your summer vacation to exotic destinations.
2. Enter the Born Free USA Wildlife Week Photo Contest for a chance to win prizes and have your photo posted online. Details and rules at the Born Free USA Keep Wild Life Wild page.
3. Host a fundraiser with your kids to collect money for your local wildlife sanctuary or for Born Free USA’s Primate Sanctuary, home to over 500 primates. A yard sale, lemonade stand or car wash, teaches kids how to be entrepreneurs for an important cause and make a real difference. Tell us your story and how much money you raised!
4. Educate yourself and your community about co-existing with wildlife in your own town. Born Free USA has free brochures offering advice and humane solutions for perceived conflicts.
5. Enjoy your own backyard wildlife by creating a bird habitat right outside your window. Wildlife appreciation starts at home.
6. Learn about the reality and danger of hidden animal traps, especially if you hike with your dog or have family pets who play outside. Trapping can cause severe injury or death to animals and people.
7. Show your support for fur free fashion on Facebook by adding Born Free USA’s Fur Free Retailer page to your list of “likes.”
8. Send ten friends a smile today by sharing the High Diving Monkeys YouTube video filmed at Born Free USA’s Primate Sanctuary in Texas.
9. Commit to never shop at stores that sell live animals. Retail environment animals are treated like commodities in order for the store to realize a profit.
10. Become a Zoo Keeper and help end the worst cases of suffering at zoos. Tell Born Free about the conditions for the animals at your local zoo.