Friday, August 6, 2010 at 8:00 AM ET by Angela Rosa
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “General Hospital” during the week of August 9, 2010.
THIS WEEK ON: GENERAL HOSPITAL
Carly continues to undermine Lulu’s trust in Dante. Dante gently shuts down Brook’s not so subtle advances. Carly refuses to heed Jason’s advice. Dante and Lulu explore the topic of marriage. Lucky appeals to Karen and emerges a true hero. Maxie and Lucky get closer on Wednesday, August 11. Will Maxie listen to Matt’s warning? Kristina confides her fears to Michael. On Thursday, August 12, Lisa makes life very uncomfortable for Steve and Patrick while Robin is away. Maxie helps Patrick get out of a tricky situation with a brazen Lisa.
The Inside Story: Who’s That Girl?
Sonny mistakes Claire for Brenda. Back at his place, Sonny opens up to Claire about his history with Ms. Barrett. Sonny pulls Claire into a kiss in an attempt to get Brenda off his mind. Claire appears to be succumbing to Sonny’s charms. The lawyer questions if Sonny has ever loved a woman with his entire heart before departing. Alone, Sonny’s thoughts drift back to Brenda. Brenda, meanwhile, surfaces in Rome on Wednesday, August 11. Despite threats from the Russian mob, Brenda resolves to use her celebrity to bring attention to the Alliance to Save Exploited Children. Sonny confides in Mike that he can’t get Brenda off of his mind. On Friday, August 13, Brenda finds herself consumed with thoughts of Sonny as she prepares for an exciting night with international movie star Murphy Sinclair.
On Tuesday, August 10, Don’t miss “Brenda Barrett’s Men: A Special General Hospital Marathon” airing from 1 to 4 P.M. EST on ABC and SOAPnet. These are encore presentations of classic “GH” episodes. In the first hour, Sonny brings an unexpected surprise (read: long-lost wife) to Jax Jacks and an angry Brenda’s wedding in this episode from November 5, 1996. In the second hour, Sonny Corinthos breaks Brenda’s heart when he fails to show up for their own wedding on this repeat from September 24, 1997. Finally, go back with “GH” to October 29, 2002, when Brenda makes an honest man of Sonny’s favorite boy-toy, Jason Morgan.
A Closer Look: Crime and Punishment
Johnny accuses Dante of once again compromising himself to protect Sonny. Olivia makes a heartfelt plea to Johnny on Monday, August 9. Johnny makes contact with Judge Carroll and informs him of what Sonny’s been up to. Judge Carroll’s blood boils when Johnny fills him in on Claire’s unorthodox relationship with Sonny. Ethan bails Johnny out. Michael goes to see Johnny determined to broker peace. On Thursday, August 12, the Lopez family attempt to exact their revenge with a storm of gunfire. Michael saves Johnny’s life. Dante, Johnny, and Ethan cover up Michael’s involvement in the shoot-out. Sonny manages to score Jason’s freedom in his game with Claire. Johnny remains determined to destroy Sonny.
General Hospital News and Headlines:
- ABC Daytime Cuts Down Their Schedule
- ‘General Hospital” Takes Over ABC Daytime
- Congrats to Newlywed Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo
- ABC’s ‘What If…’ Ready For Launch
- Stephen Colbert Talks ‘General Hospital’
- Rosa Blasi Heading to ‘GH’ and Other Casting News
- Vanessa Marcil Talks About Returning to ‘GH’
- Vanessa Marcil is Back on ‘GH’
- SOAPnet Gets Its Wish to Become Young
GH ALERTS: WEEK OF AUGUST 16, 2010
- Robin and an alarmed Patrick realize Robin’s HIV medication is missing. (Soap Opera Digest)
- Brook Lynn gets Dante where she wants him with an illegal assist. (Soaps In Depth)
- Brook Lynn may need medical help after Lulu finds her in a compromising position with Dante. (Soaps In Depth)
- Brenda is approached to be the face of Franco’s next art masterpiece. (National Enquirer)
- Only one mobster is left standing after a determined Johnny and Sonny’s tense face-off. (Soap Opera Weekly)
“General Hospital” airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings. “GH” also airs online at ABC.com and can be accessed 24/7.