(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — As we reported on Friday, May 20, fans of canceled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" took the news of ABC's upcoming Affiliates Board meeting to heart and called in to their local ABC stations in droves in response to our story demanding that the network change course in its plans for a "Brand New Day" in daytime starting this fall with "The Chew" and "The Revolution." Organizers of the fan inspired campaign to save the two soaps issued a press release to ABC affiliates and news outlets with the prime target being board Chairman Bill Hoffman.
Unfortunately TheWrap, as they did in April when NBC launched "The Voice" to stellar numbers last month only to rerun the shows debut episode the following night with much lower ratings to which the publication claimed brought the network its newest bomb, misconstrued Hoffman's comments in their article referencing the efforts of the fans. Specifically, the problem with the article is Hoffman's comments were made in April just two weeks after ABC canceled their two daytime soaps. You wouldn't have known that if you hadn't checked the link though.
In TheWrap's article it was stated:
The cause may be lost: Bill Hoffman, the ABC Affiliates Board chairman and the general manager of the network's Atlanta affiliate, is ready to let the soaps go. The fans' letter is addressed to him and other affiliates.
In an interview with the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Hoffman said that while he appreciated soap fans' loyalty, he believed the audience was aging and shrinking. He said he planned to run the shows ABC is offering instead of the soaps, "The Revolution" and "The Chew."
Hoffman's comments were made on April 26 to the Atlanta Journal Constitution and not in response to this latest movement by soap fans to get the attention of their ABC affiliate. Unfortunately, TheWrap just can't get it right.