ALL ARTICLES ABOUTVincent Irizarry
ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 @ 5:17 PM
The big news of December 2012 was word that Prospect Park was taking another stab at moving ABC's "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to the web in 2013. The news was first reported by Deadline.com's Nellie Andreeva. In her initial reporting, Andreeva revealed that Prospect Park had made agreements with the unions SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the DGA (Directors Guild of America). Previously, while the company had planned on debuting the shows on the web in early 2012, no deals had been signed with either union or the WGA (Writers Guild of America). This hindered the company's plan to move forward with the shows and resulted in a postponement that was announced in November 2011. In a statement at the time, AFTRA (prior to its merger with SAG) said that they were "deeply disappointed to read that the executives at Prospect Park have decided to suspend their efforts to produce the long-running and popular daytime serials." Additionally, the union had said that they "remain hopeful that an opportunity to revive these two popular series will emerge in the future, and remain ready to resume discussions should that opportunity arise." The future took more than a year, but it appears to have finally emerged. However, although a representative from SAG-AFTRA confirmed that an agreement with Prospect Park had been made when pressed for comment from Soap Opera Network early last week, it remains unclear if said agreement had actually been signed. "Not absolutely certain it had been signed but can check that for you," said the rep. Due to the holidays, we don't expect a response on that little detail until at least tomorrow, January 2.
It was recently announced that Darnell Williams would be joining the cast of "The Young and the Restless" in 2012. The two-time Daytime Emmy Award winner becomes the forth "All My Children" actor to land on the high rated CBS daytime dramas since the 41-year old ABC soap went off the air in September 2011. He joins Jacob Young who returned to "The Bold and the Beautiful" last September, and past and future co-stars Debbi Morgan and Melissa Claire Egan.
on Friday, January 13, 2012 @ 4:30 PM
After a successful three-city tour on the east coast, "A Tribute to Pine Valley," produced and presented by Celebrity Events Group, Soap Opera Digest and Visit Myrtle Beach: South Carolina, is taking the show to the midwest. Beginning today, January 13, the tribute will hit three venues in Wisconsin and Illinois. The tour boasts a cast of some of "All My Children's" most popular and sustaining actors for a question and answer session as well as an autograph and photo session where you can meet your favorite stars up-close and personal.
on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ 3:15 PM
On Monday afternoon, Vincent Irizarry learned of Jamey Giddens (of Daytime Confidential) rather strong implication on Twitter that [Irizarry's] lack of cooperation along with Agnes Nixon and Lorraine Broderick's "story projections" were a major reason production company Prospect Park decided to reportedly halt early production efforts to move "All My Children" to the internet. Read on to find out how the none too pleased Daytime Emmy Award winner responded to the claim on Facebook on Monday evening.
on Thursday, September 15, 2011 @ 3:00 AM
With the Prospect Park era about to begin for "One Life to Live," the show appears to be in better shape than its sister soap "All My Children."
on Thursday, September 1, 2011 @ 2:32 PM
Moments before the announcement that production company Prospect Part had licensed "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" from ABC and saved it from imminent cancellation, it was announced that Debbi Morgan (Angie) had already signed on to "The Young and the Restless." She will debut on the popular CBS soap this fall. Not too long after that, Jacob Young (JR) announced that he was unable to ignore the call back to "The Bold and the Beautiful." He returns as Rick Forrester on Monday, September 26. At this moment, Prospect Park is still trying to work out a deal with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) that will allow them to begin negotiating with actors for a hopeful January 2012 relaunch of both ABC soaps. This leaves the actors of "AMC" with free time and a contract with ABC that dissolved earlier this week. In the September 13, 2011 issues of Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly, it is revealed that Alicia Minshew and Chrishell Stause have also both been contacted to join another soap.
on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 @ 11:46 AM
Cady McClain returned to "All My Children" during the Tuesday, May 17 broadcast of the soap despite filming her first scenes just seven days prior (May 10). So why did the show rapidly insert her scenes into already taped episodes of the soap? "AMC" was canceled of course! During fan club weekend last month, McClain spoke with Soap Opera Network about her return, what the cancellation news meant for cast and crew, the reunion of Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight) and Dixie Cooney (McClain) and even how she got to wear sweats to work while filming scenes of Dixie laying in bed.
on Monday, August 15, 2011 @ 3:00 AM
"All My Children" is scheduled to last air on ABC on Friday, September 23. Although "AMC" and "One Life to Live" are slated to go on in a different format thanks to a licensing deal between ABC and production company Prospect Park, several events have been organized to assist the actors and viewers in saying good-bye to "AMC" in the format fans have come to know and love it in for the first 41-years of its existence. These events will be held on the East Coast where the soap was produced for four decades before being moved to Los Angeles in January 2010.
on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 @ 5:38 PM
Agnes Nixon is returning to ABC's "All My Children," for which she created, to once again portray the role of Agnes Eckhart, one of the longest reigning board members overseeing the fictional Pine Valley Hospital on the daytime soap. The character, who was created by Nixon herself, first appeared on the drama series in 2005 for the shows 35th anniversary. This time the character will be admitted to PVH under the care of David Hayward (Vincent Irizarry) and Cara Martin (Lindsay Hartley).
on Thursday, August 4, 2011 @ 10:55 PM
Esta TerBlanche and Shannon Kane will both return to "All My Children" later this summer. Kane, a rising film star, will reprise the role of Jesse Hubbard's (Darnell Williams) daughter, Det. Natalia Fowler, beginning on Friday, August 26. 38-year old South African beauty, TerBlanche reprises the role of the love of Ryan Lavery's (Cameron Mathison) life Princess Gillian Andrassy beginning on a date yet to be announced by the ABC soap.
ABC, CBS, and NBC are not in the the mood to show you the fantasy of daytime drama on Christmas day. The networks have decided to ignore it's female demographic, and go after the men and children in the house courtesy of Christmas specials and sports, sports and more sports.