How WATCH ABC Changes Will Affect Viewing of 'GH,' 'The View' and 'The Chew'; Shows Also on Hulu Plus

How WATCH ABC Changes Will Affect Viewing of ‘GH,’ ‘The View’ and ‘The Chew’; Shows Also on Hulu Plus

 
Topic:
Twitter

Amanda Setton

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — As we first reported last night, thanks to a tweet from a “One Life to Live” crew member, it was looking as if Amanda Setton, who currently plays Penelope Shafai on “Gossip Girl,” was making her way back to Llanview as the former stripper and Buchanan wife Kimberly Andrews. This afternoon, both Soap Opera Digest and ABC Soaps in Depth confirmed the news, stating that the actress was indeed returning to Llanview.

The tweet in question came from Julia Davis (of Julia Jovone Beauty), who has been a make-up artist on “OLTL” since October 2005. On June 13, she tweeted that she had “Just finished getting @amandasetton into character for ‘One Life to Live.’ Love her features.”

“I am thrilled to be returning to ‘One Life to Live.’ I had such a great time working with everyone at ‘OLTL’ and I am looking forward to the trouble that Kim will get into once she is back in town,” the actress said in a statement.

However, Setton’s first airdate, as well as the length of her stay on “One Life,” are unknown at this time. But with her taping scenes earlier this month, she should first appear on screen sometime in August.

Setton made her “One Life” debut as Kimberly Andrews on August 14, 2009. She left the role on April 2, 2010 after rejecting an offer by the show to place her on contract, in order to return to her primetime roots.

So what brings Kimberly back to Llanview? Revenge on David Vickers after he blackmailed her into leaving town? Looking to reunite with her sugar daddy Clint Buchanan? Or could it be something more? Here’s your chance to sound off!



As daytime gets ready to roll the dice in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 19 for “The 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards,” CBS is getting itself ready by hosting CBS Tweet Week with the networks biggest and brightest daytime stars including “The Young and the Restless’” Christian LeBlanc and Christel Khalil and “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Ronn Moss and Scott Clifton. Also joining in on the fun will be Mike Richards, Executive Producer of “The Price is Right.” Each tweeter will chat live with fans during the East Coast broadcast of their respective shows, the network said.

Read More >>



ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — After fifteen years of working in various positions on the “One Life to Live” writing staff, including serving as the show’s head scribe for the last three years, ABC has announced that Ron Carlivati will be joining “General Hospital” as a script writer. The move will fulfill the remainder of the three-year contract Carlivati signed with the network last September. A similar two-year deal was hammered out at the time with “One Life” Executive Producer Frank Valentini.

Despite the timing of the news, “OLTL” fans breath a sigh of relief, however, since Carlivati is not expected to begin his new duties until after the show wraps production sometime in mid-November. “One Life to Live” will air its final episode on January 20, 2012.

Carlivati echoed the sentiment in a press release, saying that “I remain fully committed to Frank Valentini and ‘One Life to Live’ as the show’s Headwriter until the series concludes in January of 2012.  It has been my distinct honor to write for Agnes Nixon’s groundbreaking soap opera for the past fifteen years, and it will be with a heavy heart that I, along with my incredibly talented team, pen its finale.  At that time, I am happy to announce that I will then be joining the writing team of ‘General Hospital,’ and am thrilled to be working once again with Executive Producer Jill Phelps as well as new Headwriter Garin Wolf.”

Wolf was just named “GH” headwriter last month by Brian Frons, President, Daytime, Disney/ABC Television Group, upon the firing of the show’s former head scribe Robert Guza, Jr.

The news of Carlivati’s move to the L.A.-based “Hospital,” was broken Thursday by “One Life’s” soon-to-be-departing leading lady Robin Strasser, who tweeted that ” JUST TOLD but NOT told it wuz SECRET: Ron CARLIVATI to #GH as script writer-hopes 2 b co-head writer? Yo,I’m taking heat for leaving early?” Strasser, as we previously reported, is leaving “OLTL” this summer to have back surgery. Her final tape date is Friday, July 1.

Carlivati, along with his writing staff, won a Daytime Emmy in 2008 for their work on “One Life to Live.” He began his daytime career on the soap as a Writer’s Assistant from 1996-1998, before being promoted the the position of Script Writer. In 2001 he was again promoted, this time to the job of Breakdown Writer. In May 2007, he was appointed Co-Head Writer (along with Dena Higley). In September of that year, he was named the show’s sole Head Writer following the network’s dismissal of Higley, where he has continued to serve (minus a brief hiatus during the 2008 Writer’s Strike) in the same capacity.

Click here to read an interview Soap Opera Network did with Carlivati in March of this year, one month before ABC announced the cancellation of “One Life to Live” and sister soap “All My Children.”



Mitchell Haaseth/NBC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Francisco San Martin is the next actor out at NBC’s “Days of our Lives” as another week comes to a close where blood is spilled at the fledgling daytime drama series. The actor tweeted the news to fans before the show could make it official.

“I wanted you guys to hear it from me first; ‘Days of our Lives’ has decided to bring back some of the old characters and I’ll be one of the casualties,” said San Martin. “I couldn’t be more honored to have been a part of an amazing team, both cast and crew who are both incredibly diligent and talented. Thanx for the support u guys! lol You guys are in great hands, hopefully the changes ‘DOOL’ is making will get u guys even more into the show!”

San Martin’s firing comes hours after reports that Mark Hapka would be returning to the show presumably for his character Nathan Horton to reconnect with Molly Burnett‘s Melanie Layton.

No last airdate has been set. A “Days of our Lives” representative was unavailable for comment.



Rick Rowell/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — On Monday, May 23, three days after news broke that Ingo Rademacher (Jasper ‘Jax’ Jacks) had been fired by ABC’s “General Hospital,” Soap Opera Network tweeted that we had exclusively learned that Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (Brenda Barrett Corinthos) would be the next actor leaving the daytime drama series. On Thursday, May 26, just before the long Memorial Day Weekend, the actress confirmed our report when she revealed that her days with the soap were numbered via her Twitter page. Interestingly, the actress has been tweeting up a storm since revealing the news while keeping mum for nearly 3 months on her twitter account (it had previously been crickets since February of this year). Marcil Giovinazzo’s confirmation follows months of rumors since she revealed in an interview with Access Hollywood Live back in March that she was on her way out.

“I came back to honor my roots. These are the people that I grew up with. I haven’t been a regular on the show in 13 years. It was like going to an incredible high school reunion,” said Marcil Giovinazzo of her time back at the Prospect Studios where “GH” is filmed in her AHL interview. “We had so much fun. I have so much respect for these people. They work so hard. I loved being there. We shot the wedding for seven days. We just had the best time. There were all these insane things that happened and now after the wedding, there’s a lot of drama because now my time [on 'General Hospital'] is almost done.”

In a tweet posted on Tuesday, June 7, the actress revealed her last tape date will be this Thursday, June 9. “Thank you ‘GH’ for a great year. Best cast and crew in the world and in my heart forever,” she commented after revealing the date.

In the days leading up to her exit, the actress showed her appreciation for her co-stars, fans and crew including “General Hospital” executive producer Jill Farren Phelps. “My final days are near… will miss Maurice [Benard] and cast with every cell of my being. Should I keep Brenda’s thigh high stilettos?” was just the beginning of numerous tweets made by the actress back on May 26. It was followed up by the revelation that she’d be working on a cartoon series post “GH.” In her tweet to follower nygall33, Marcil Giovinazzo stated she was “working on an animated children’s show that I wrote with my sister and my son. GAGOO AND THE LAND OF CHOICES :)” On Farren Phelps, the actress said “My boss Jill says door is open. :) She”s lovely.” On Friday, May 27, Marcil Giovinazzo revealed that Steve Burton (Jason Morgan) “got me through first 3 months here. He’s breathtakingly talented. Wish we had gotten more together.”

While a “GH” representative was unable for comment at press time nor do we expect to receive one on this matter as it is ABC policy not to respond to actor tweets, look for Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo to last air in mid-to-late-July as the soap currently films 5 weeks ahead of airdate.



Donna Svennevik/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — With his character Cole Thornhart serving a ten-year jail sentence for murdering a man and his on-screen mother Susan Haskell preparing to leave town, could Brandon Buddy be on his way back to Llanview?

You may recall that Buddy left the show last November after choosing not to renew his contract, following a much publicized Twitter hacking scandal. Now the actor takes to the social networking site again, this time to discuss the possibility of returning to “One Life to Live.

On April 13, Buddy tweeted a message to his fans, saying “As for going back to ‘OLTL’…. hmmm I’m not sure if it’s in my hands or not. I would love to come back for a little bit but only 4 all of u!”

Buddy played Cole, the son of Marty Saybrooke and the late Patrick Thornhart, from 2006-2010.

Kristen Alderson (Starr), Buddy’s former on-screen girlfriend recently tweeted in response to a question from a fan that “No, it was Brandon’s choice to leave [the show]…don’t feel sorry for him. =) It wasn’t ‘OLTL’s’ choice to not have him.”

On a related note, it appears that Cole’s deceased dad (Thorsten Kaye) may be returning to Llanview as well, since “One Life to Live” is currently casting a “Thorsten Kaye Body Double” for some upcoming scenes.



Donna Svennevik/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — While reports were stating Brandon Buddy is set to exit ABC’s “One Life to Live” later this fall when his contract expires, Soap Opera Network was unable to confirm the news through proper channels, but sources have since confirmed that Buddy will in fact be leaving the soap in the coming months.

Since news of Buddy’s possible exit first broke on Daytime Confidential last week, Soap Opera Network has learned from insiders that Buddy’s exit was a “mutual agreement” between the soap and the actor. This development doesn’t come as a surprise as in June of this year Buddy’s Twitter account reported that he had chosen not to renew his contract with the drama series. While said post was later claimed to have been the workings of a hacker, it took four days for the actor to respond, which had some wondering if there was a hacker at all.

Buddy joined the cast of “One Life to Live” in October 2006 portraying the role of Cole Thornhart.

IN RELATED NEWS

While details are slowly coming through, Soap Opera Network is hearing that Farah Fath might be next to exit the drama series this fall. Fath joined the cast in October 2007 portraying the role of Gigi Morasco.

“One Life to Live” airs Weekdays on ABC. Anytime on ABC.com.



Donna Svennevik/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — First he has leaving, then he was staying after the actor stated that someone had hacked into his Twitter account. Well now Brandon Buddy really is leaving “One Life to Live,” according to published reports.

Daytime Confidential is reporting that they have learned from setside sources that the 24-year-old actor, who has portrayed Cole Thornhart since October 10, 2006, is leaving town “alive, but not exactly well” sometime this fall when his contract is up. According to an ABC representative, however, the network “does not comment on rumors.”

On Friday, June 18, the following comment was posted on his Twitter page: “It’s a bitter sweet day :( Today I decided I’m not going to re-sign. No more Llanview… Still lots to come from Starr & Cole though!” Only four days later Buddy tweeted that he “Had a hacker. Doing everything I can to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I’m sorry for upsetting everyone, what they said wasn’t true. I love you guys. I want you guys to be happy, I’m really sorry this happened.

Despite Buddy’s denials at the time, if the reports are in fact true, it seems as though the original tweet was right all along and that the “hacker” claim were nothing more than an attempt by the powers that be at “One Life to Live” to push Buddy into doing some damage control. Not surprisingly, Buddy’s Twitter page has since become strangely silent regarding this latest development.

“One Life to Live” airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on ABC.com and SOAPnet.com. Check local listings.



Buddy’s ‘Life’ Ending News a Hoax?

Donna Svennevik/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — News of the actor’s alleged departure from “One Life to Live” takes an odd and unexpected turn.

In a story first reported late last week by Soap Opera Network and a number of other media outlets, the following message appeared on Brandon Buddy’s official Twitter page on June 18th: “It’s a bitter sweet day :( Today I decided I’m not going to re-sign. No more Llanview…”  The tweet was followed up later by another comment, assuring fans that there was “Still lots to come from Starr & Cole though!”

However it now appears as if it was all part of an elaborate hoax from someone who apparently hacked into Buddy’s Twitter account.  Late Tuesday evening, both tweets had been deleted and Buddy informed his fans that he “Had a hacker. Doing everything I can to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I’m sorry for upsetting everyone,what they said wasn’t true. I love you guys. I want you guys to be happy, I’m really sorry this happened.”

So at least for now anyway, it appears that Buddy, who joined the soap in October of 2006, will remain a part of the “One Life to Live” cast.  SON will continue to monitor this story and bring you updates as coditions warrant. 

Soap Opera Network will continue to follow this story and bring you further details as they develop.

“One Life to Live” airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on ABC.com and SOAPnet.com. Check local listings.



Buddy’s ‘One Life’ Reaches an End

Donna Svennevik/ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Brandon Buddy decides not to renew his contract with “One Life to Live.”

In a message posted on the actor’s official Twitter page Friday evening, Buddy broke the news to his fans that “It’s a bitter sweet day :( Today I decided I’m not going to re-sign. No more Llanview…”

The 24-year-old Buddy joined “OLTL” as Cole Thornhart, the son of Marty Saybrook (Susan Haskell) and Patrick Thornhart (last played by Thorsten Kaye), on October 10, 2006.  A final airdate has not been determined, although he expected to air throughout the summer. It is unknown if the role will recast.

Soap Opera Network will continue to follow this story and bring you further details as they develop.

“One Life to Live” airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on ABC.com and SOAPnet.com. Check local listings.









Recent Information



Follow Us on Twitter