ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
Prospect Park

In a posting on her Twitter page just a short time ago, former "All My Children" star Alicia Minshew revealed that she has been approached by Prospect Park to return to the soap in the role of Kendall Hart. "I'm so happy for all of you getting your 'AMC' and 'OLTL' shows back!" Minshew commented. "Many of you have asked me-Yes I have been approached. No news yet!"

Debbi Morgan, who on Saturday, January 5 announced she was returning to "All My Children" when it moves to the web later this year via Prospect Park, may have let the cat of the bag for one of her co-stars after responding to numerous tweets from excited fans. In response to Tweeter @irishbangers, Morgan said, "It's just terrific news, isn't it?! Darnell is definitely on board, and I think Mike as well, but not quite sure yet..." For those wondering, Morgan is referring to Darnell Williams, who portrayed onscreen love interest Jesse Hubbard and Michael E. Knight, who portrayed the Hubbard family friend Tad Martin on the soap.

Had "All My Children" remained on the air beyond its final September 23, 2011 episode, cast/crew and fans all around the world would have been celebrating the daytime soaps 43rd anniversary today, January 5, as the drama series debuted on this day in 1970.

"All My Children" and "One Life to Live" creator Agnes Nixon has released an official statement on the news of Prospect Park once again moving forward with plans to produce online episodes of the soaps this year. Her message was posted on her official website as well as her official Facebook page. The statement is as follows:

Just about a month before announcing their decision to postpone plans to launch "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" on the web in early 2012, Prospect Park announced a partnership with Universal Music Group that would bring music, e-commerce and artist participation to new productions of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live." So now that word broke that Prospect Park is re-rebooting both soaps for the web in 2013, we felt it was a great opportunity to check on the status of this endeavor.

The big news of December 2012 was word that Prospect Park was taking another stab at moving ABC's "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to the web in 2013. The news was first reported by Deadline.com's Nellie Andreeva. In her initial reporting, Andreeva revealed that Prospect Park had made agreements with the unions SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the DGA (Directors Guild of America). Previously, while the company had planned on debuting the shows on the web in early 2012, no deals had been signed with either union or the WGA (Writers Guild of America). This hindered the company's plan to move forward with the shows and resulted in a postponement that was announced in November 2011. In a statement at the time, AFTRA (prior to its merger with SAG) said that they were "deeply disappointed to read that the executives at Prospect Park have decided to suspend their efforts to produce the long-running and popular daytime serials." Additionally, the union had said that they "remain hopeful that an opportunity to revive these two popular series will emerge in the future, and remain ready to resume discussions should that opportunity arise." The future took more than a year, but it appears to have finally emerged. However, although a representative from SAG-AFTRA confirmed that an agreement with Prospect Park had been made when pressed for comment from Soap Opera Network early last week, it remains unclear if said agreement had actually been signed. "Not absolutely certain it had been signed but can check that for you," said the rep. Due to the holidays, we don't expect a response on that little detail until at least tomorrow, January 2.

On Saturday, July 23, 2011, "General Hospital" held its annual fan club weekend event at the Sportmen's Lodge Event Center. Incidentally, in the year that followed many were left wondering if the 2012 event would ever come to be amidst all the drama and rumors surrounding the cancellation, reincarnation (through the Disney/ABC Television Group/Prospect Park Productions deal that wasn't) and ultimate demise of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" and the possible effect it would have on "GH" itself. On July 21, 2012, "GH" did indeed holds its annual fan event - again at the Sportsmen's Lodge Event Center - with a renewed focus and much hope for the future.

"One Life to Live" gets 'canceled' for the second time in seven months as Prospect Park breaks the hearts of the show's loyal fanbase.

A compilation of Twitter and Facebook posts from the cast of "One Life to Live" following word that Prospect Park was dropping plans to resurrect the show online only five days after the soap wrapped production on its ABC run.

Hillary B. Smith (Nora) opens up to Entertainment Weekly about the decision by Prospect Park not to proceed with previous plans to relaunch "One Life to Live" online after it ends its ABC Daytime run on January 13, 2012, and what the future would have held for alter ego.
ADVERTISEMENT

STAY CONNECTED

11,898FansLike
311Subscribers+1
25,056FollowersFollow
481SubscribersSubscribe