(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — As Soap Opera Network reported late last week, Susan Lucci has added a scathing new chapter to “All My Life” scheduled to be included in the paperback release of her memoir on September 13. In the new epilogue, the actress who is known for being too well-mannered uncharacteristically blasts ABC Daytime Chief Brian Frons for what she feels is his mismanagement of ABC Daytime and his general arrogance. Following a weekend of book leaks, ABC released what could only be construed as a biting statement about Lucci’s book addition and conduct. On Tuesday – coincidentally or not – after getting information from an unnamed source, a Deadline.com article held back few jabs after revealing the actress turned down the offer to continue with “All My Children” online.
An epilogue is defined as a piece of writing usually included to conclude a body of work. On Saturday, September 3, as aforementioned, the New York Post not only revealed more juicy tidbits from Lucci’s new memoir epilogue detailing her feelings about the cancellation of the soap she put on the map in 1970, they also included a response from ABC in regard to it. An ABC Daytime spokesperson told the Post “we have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career.” The negative connotation that statement ends on is hard to miss. Coincidentally on Tuesday, September 6, Deadline.com announced that Lucci officially turned down Prospect Park’s more than fair offer to remain with the show due to trying to “gouge the producers for more money.” According to the article, Lucci was offered the same pay she currently receives at ABC Daytime but demanded a raise and perks including more time off. The article implies that the future of “AMC” is now in jeopardy and “One Life to Live” will become the focus of the new venture due to Lucci’s lack of cooperation with the company that has licensed “AMC” and “OLTL” from ABC. In the same article it was also announced that the production company had secured several “OLTL” stars to continue post-ABC Daytime including Llanview’s main leading lady Erika Slezak.
For her part, despite the addition to the book being written before Lucci learned of the licensing deal with Prospect Park, the Emmy Award winner recently told TV Guide Magazine’s Michael Logan she has no regrets about writing what was on her mind. Just last week, Lucci seemed to be a good bet to continue with Prospect Park. Once again speaking to TV Guide Magazine, she had this to say about the venture at that time: “my heart is there… I think it’s a very, very exciting possibility. I think that Prospect Park, the men involved there, have a wonderful, successful track record.” This leaves fans and the press alike wondering if ABC Daytime’s hurt feelings about Lucci speaking her mind was the real culprit behind this sudden turn of events or at least the negative tone now surrounding her current negotiation stand with Prospect Park. Jamey Giddens, from Daytime Confidential, reports that this may not be the end of talks. “AMC” creator Agnes Nixon is still hoping to help Prospect Park reach an agreement with Lucci.
Whatever the case, on September 23, Lucci is slated to co-host “The View’” for a special tribute to “AMC.” “The View” is a part of ABC Daytime and the talk show’s daily hot topics may become even more heated if any of these topics reach the discussion table.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Tuesday, September 6, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
John questions a suspect, who claims he did not shoot Victor and assumes the unfired gun Louie should have turned in to the police by now will prove his innocence. Unfortunately, the gun has not been turned in, after all. As John goes off to follow up on the claim that he gave the gun to the homeless man, Téa muscles her way in.
Cristian tells Jessica about Rama’s suggestion that one’s first love may be their true love. They discuss their relationship past and present and wonder if there’s still anything between them. They share a kiss.
Cutter is surprised by Kim’s visit and makes a shocking revelation. At EOD, she lets him in on a secret. Aubrey asks Rama about what she knows about Kim. Rama tells her that Kim’s desire to reinvent herself led her to a job at the Spotted Pony in Kentucky, but she stops short at sharing what she knows about something else that went on there.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- Todd and Téa have a heated argument.
- Echo confronts Rex about the shooting.
- Jessica and Cristian reminisce.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” fans have reason to celebrate today as a handful of the show’s current cast members, including six-time Daytime Emmy winner Erika Slezak (Viki) have already agreed to make the transition with the show from ABC to online-only distribution with Prospect Park. According to Deadline Hollywood the company, which leased the rights to “OLTL” and sister soap “All My Children” in July, Slezak, along with Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Michael Easton (John), and Ted King (Tomas) will all be remaining with the show after it airs its final ABC episode early next year.
“One Life’s” longest-running cast member, Erika Slezak has been with the soap since 1971. Kassie DePaiva first appeared on the show in 1993. Michael Easton made his “OLTL” debut in 2003, and Ted King joined the show back in February of this year.
According to a statement from Prospect Park, “Pending a final agreement with AFTRA, Prospect Park has confirmed that ‘One Life to Live’ cast members Ted King (Tomas Delgado), Michael Easton (John McBain), Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer) and star of stars Erika Slezak who plays Lord family matriarch Victoria Lord, have agreed to deals to join the company’s new production of ‘One Life to Live.’ This marks the first confirmation of cast members since Prospect Park began planning for the soap production to live on the new online network beyond its finale January televised date on ABC.”
Furthermore, Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports that “I hear that Prospect Park may reevaluate its short-term strategy for the two soaps and put its muscle behind the higher-rated ‘OLTL,’ while moving ‘AMC’ to the back burner.”
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Teasers for the Week of September 5, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TEASERS
- Monday (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11) (Episode #10903): Gigi and Rex try to talk Shane out of committing suicide. Matthew admits to his parents that he shot Eddie Ford. Viki talks to Téa about Echo and Charlie’s affair. (Rated: TVPG D, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #10954): John demands answers from Todd. Cutter has a shocking visitor from his past. Aubrey asks Rama what she knows about Kim. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Wednesday (Episode #10955): Echo is concerned her son may be a murderer. Jessica and Crisitan come together in a kiss. Cutter’s past comes to light. (Rated: TVPG L, V)
- Thursday (Episode #10956): Natalie learns that Brody threatened Victor before he was shot. Erin Torpey returns to change Cristian’s life. Ford daydreams about Tess (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10957): Clint agrees to help Kim with her problems. Shaun has some key evidence for John. Roxy has to sell her wares. (Rated: TVPG V)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Monday, September 5, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11)…
Gigi and Rex talk Shane down from the roof and Rex confronts the high school assistant principal about letting Shane be bullied in school. Starr tells Blair and Jack that everyone at school has seen the video of naked Shane.
Clint tells Natalie that he was released because someone else killed Eddie Ford. Natalie tells Clint that John is sleeping with Kelly and Matthew confesses to Bo and Nora that he killed Eddie.
Viki tells Téa that Charlie cheated on her and he is now in love with Echo.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- John questions Todd regarding his whereabouts at the time of Victor’s murder.
- Cristian and Jessica relive old times and come together in a kiss.
- Cutter’s receives a blast from the past when Kim pays him a visit.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of August 22-26, 2011
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.
NOTE: There were some pre-emptions on Tuesday due to the earthquake and on Friday due to Hurricane Irene.
1. Y&R 4,413,000 (-101,000/-627,000) <—– new low *
2. B&B 2,927,000 (-42,000/-179,000)
3. OLTL 2,743,000 (-61,000/+479,000)
4. AMC 2,491,000 (+3,000/+165,000)
5. GH 2,468,000 (-230,000/-48,000)
6. DAYS 2,440,000 (-56,000/-35,000)
* Previous low: 4,464,000 (February 28 – March 4, 2011)
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.1/-.3) <—– ties low
2. B&B 2.2/7 (+.1/same)
3. OLTL 1.9/6 (-.1/+.2)
4. AMC 1.8/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/same)
4. GH 1.8/5 (-.1/same)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 852,000 (-32,000/-200,000) <—– new low *
2. OLTL 712,000 (-61,000/+71,000)
3. GH 693,000 (-97,000/-154,000)
4. DAYS 633,000 (-34,000/-125,000)
5. AMC 594,000 (+16,000/+4,000)
6. B&B 565,000 (+22,000/-17,000)
* Previous low: 864,000 (February 21-25, 2011)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.3) <—– ties low (3rd straight week)
2. OLTL 1.1/7 (-.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/6 (-.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 1.0/6 (same/-.1)
5. AMC 0.9/6 (same/same)
5. B&B 0.9/5 (+.1/same)
Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. Y&R 44,000 (-20,000/+2,000)
2. OLTL 39,000 (-10,000/+11,000)
3. B&B 29,000 (-6,000/-2,000)
4. GH 28,000 (-12,000/-7,000)
5. DAYS 20,000 (+5,000/+9,000)
6. AMC 15,000 (-5,000/-3,000)
Women 18-34 Rating
1. OLTL 0.7/4 (same/+.1) *
2. AMC 0.6/4 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6/4 (-.1/-.2)
2. DAYS 0.6/4 (same/-.3)
5. Y&R 0.5/4 (-.2/-.5) <—– new low **
6. B&B 0.3/2 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low
* Sole #1 for the first time this century….possible ever
** Previous low: 0.6 (August 8-12, 2011)
Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 990,000 (+7,000/-231,000)
2. B&B 642,000 (-30,000/-49,000)
3. DAYS 558,000 (+34,000/+57,000)
4. OLTL 522,000 (+54,000/+133,000)
5. AMC 478,000 (+62,000/+52,000)
6. GH 457,000 (+9,000/+32,000)
Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
For the SEASON September 20, 2010 through August 28, 2011
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.2
3. GH 2.1
4. DAYS 2.0
4. OLTL 2.0
6. AMC 1.9
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6
2. GH 1.4
3. DAYS 1.2
4. OLTL 1.1
5. B&B 0.9
5. AMC 0.9
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Friday, September 2, 2011.
Llanview wakes up to news of the shooting, and that the police has a suspect wanted for questioning. Viki confronts her brother. Elsewhere, Brody questions John about the progress of the investigation. John indicates that he is not prepared to rule out any suspects or name anyone a primary suspect. The possible suspect list grows. At EOD John is surprised when his first suspect avails himself at the PD.
Natalie and Rex catch up about Gigi’s exhumation. Rex is trying to put it behind him, but still wishes he knew what was behind all the signs he go about Gigi.
In Kentucky, Kim visits the mysterious patient’s bedside and relates her botched visit with Clint. In the process of catching her up on life in Llanview Kim makes a shocking discovery. Cutter gets a job and gets closer to Aubrey. At EOD Cutter receives a surprise visitor.
Rama gives Cristian some advice on romance. Clint worries that Jessica has latent feelings for Ford, and urges her to move on. At EOD Cris pays Jessica a surprise visit.
On the Next One Life to Live (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11)…
- Rex and Gigi convince Shane not to commit suicide.
- Matthew makes a murderous confession to his parents.
- Clint tells Natalie that he got a get out of jail free card.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “One Life to Live” during the week of September 5, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Baz gets good news regarding his and Starr’s new single on Thursday, September 8. Later, however, Starr isn’t pleased after finding out who wants to record the single. Echo encounters Roxy in Angel Square while trying to take care of something for someone. Roxy is forced to sell her belongings on Friday, September 9. Cutter buys Roxy’s most prized possession. And Nigel thumbs his nose at Kim, even though Clint promises to help her. On Monday, September 5, “One Life to Live” will air an encore presentation of the April 6, 2011 episode where Rex and Gigi talk Shane out of jumping off of a roof, Matthew confesses to his parents that he murdered Eddie Ford, Clint is released from jail, and Viki opens up to Téa about Charlie’s affair with Echo.
The Inside Story: He Ain’t Got No Alibi
John interrogates a suspect in Victor’s murder who asserts his innocence on Tuesday, September 6. Téa barges her way into John’s office. Later, she slaps Todd, who blasts her for giving her heart to a fraud. John, Brody, and Natalie comb over the forensic report on the gun and make an interesting discovery. John tells Natalie he’s sorry for the loss of her uncle. Todd is left without an alibi, and asks Téa to represent him on Wednesday, September 7. Echo questions Rex about his gun, and later has reason to doubt his claims. Shane overhears Echo and Rex’s conversation. Victor’s secretary gives Natalie some surprising information about Brody. Todd pleads with Starr to believe him. Natalie is less than forthcoming with John. Baz confides in Starr about Tomas. Téa gives Todd her answer. Tomas receives a mysterious phone call, and afterward reaches out to Blair. Téa leans on Blair for support. By Friday, September 9, John catches Tomas in a lie, and receives a visit from Shaun with news that could further the investigation. Tomas confronts Baz. And Natalie confides in Brody.
A Closer Look: First Love
Cristian and Jessica wonder if there is still a spark between them on Tuesday, September 6, and ultimately kiss. Meanwhile, Kim takes Cutter by surprise, and tells him something important. Aubrey asks Rama about Kim, however Rama leaves out a few crucial details. On Wednesday, September 7, Cristian and Jessica realize there is still something between there. Cristian presents a memento from the past. Across town, Ford thinks about Tess, who urges him to keep fighting for her, only to find Cristian and Jessica together. Ford wants to know what is going on. Cristian receives an important message. On Thursday, September 8, Erin Torpey returns to change someone’s life. Jessica and Ford discuss Cristian and Tess, and reach an understanding. And Cristian has a heart-to-heart with Carlotta. On Friday, September 9, Aubrey questions Cutter about Kim. And, while looking at her old yearbook, Aubrey receives a visit from Kim.
OLTL ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- Natalie finally gets through to Todd.
- Starr and Baz don’t see eye-to-eye about Rick.
- Viki is worried about Clint getting mixed up with Kim.
- Téa can’t believe what she sees.
- Jack vows vengeance for Victor’s death.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Thursday, September 1, 2011.
Brody appears increasingly guilty. He discovers Blanca trying to get answers re: the shooting and angrily tosses her off the property. Brody crosses with John at the station and then privately expresses his relief that the truth of Liam’s paternity remains a secret.
Rex is startled when he returns home to find Shane awake. Shane’s startled by the wet, bedraggled appearance of his dad. Rex claims to have been at Gigi’s grave. Shane claims he can’t sleep. The guys decide to watch TV and discover Blanca announcing news of the shooting. They both have muted reactions, both appearing somewhat guilty. Shane goes to bed. Rex is enigmatic as he watches him go, closing the living room doors, making us wonder if he’s putting the gun back into the safe.
Tomas is also muddy and wet when Baz discovers him at the café. Baz is upset; his father was supposed to meet him hours ago at Capricorn. Tomas claims that he had a flat in the storm and had to change it.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- Viki has a few questions for Todd.
- Cutter has a surprise visitor.
- Rama gives Cristian some love advice.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” DVR Alerts for the Week of September 5, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: DVR ALERTS
- Monday: (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11) Gigi and Rex try to convince Shane not to jump off a roof. Matthew tells Bo and Nora he killed Eddie Ford, while Clint is released from jail. Viki confides in Téa regarding Charlie’s affair with Echo.
- Tuesday: John interrogates a murder suspect. Cutter’s past is finally revealed. Cristian and Jessica remember old times.
- Wednesday: Echo is worried Rex may have shot Victor. Cristian and Jessica share a kiss. Ford thinks about Tess.
- Thursday: Erin Torpey returns to change someone’s life. Natalie learns Brody threatened Victor. Jessica and Ford reach an understanding.
- Friday: Clint offers to help Kim. Shaun has an important clue for John. Roxy falls on hard times.