ALL ARTICLES ABOUTFrank Valentini
ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
‘General Hospital’ Executive Producer Frank Valentini Teases Plans For Show’s 13,000th Episode and February...
Anyone who’s been watching “General Hospital” as of late knows that the iconic sudser is seriously on fire — and from what we can tell, the flames don’t look as if they’ll die down any time soon! In fact, when Soap Opera Network caught up with executive producer Frank Valentini at this month’s Television Critics Association event at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena, California, he revealed that fans haven’t seen anything yet! Read on for the scoop on what’s to come in the weeks ahead, how interaction with the network heads has helped with the soap’s recent success and what to expect for the long haul when it comes to everything Port Charles!
Fans of “General Hospital’s” Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio) have no doubt been thrilled to see the actress front and center on the canvas as of late, but the sad cat has officially been let out of the bag: She’ll soon be departing Port Charles! But just how will Anna’s (Finola Hughes) daughter be exiting the canvas? Read on to find out!
As previously reported, "Grey's Anatomy" star Chandra Wilson (Dr. Miranda Bailey) will be appearing on ABC's "General Hospital" in scenes alongside Jon Lindstrom's Kevin Collins on Thursday, January 29 (previously scheduled for Tuesday, January 28 before a national preemption occurred on Friday, December 20, 2013). In honor of her upcoming appearance, the show released an image of the actress on set posing with "GH" executive producer Frank Valentini and actor Roger Howarth (Franco).
There’s a rumor going around that former “All My Children” star Vincent Irizarry (ex-David Hayward) has been tapped to play the role of “General Hospital’s” Valentin Cassadine — a role former “AMC” star Matthew Borlenghi (ex-Brian Bodine) had been cast to play before the storyline was scrapped back in 2009. And when Borlenghi caught wind of the supposed recast, his online comments prompted “GH” headscribe, Ron Carlivati, to shed some news on the Irizarry casting rumor!
With word that Tristan Rogers would be departing ABC's "General Hospital" and returning to CBS' "The Young and the Restless," it was only a matter of time before fans heard from the actor himself on the abrupt change in status from one soap to the next. Said Rogers on Twitter of his "GH" experience, "I’d like to thank Frank [Valentini, executive producer] and Ron [Carlivati, head writer] for great storyline that kept Scorpio true to himself." On his "Y&R" return Rogers said, "I’m stoked on Colin’s return to #YR in 2014 and delighted to once again be a part of the CBS Daytime family."
Get ready for your jaws to drop, because the battle over “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” just got a hell of a lot uglier! In addition to the lawsuit that Prospect Park launched against ABC this April for the alleged sabotage of the company’s efforts to move the two sudsers online, the plaintiff filed a new amended complaint today with more details regarding the alphabet network's alleged fraud and a claim that ABC schemed to create a “mega soap." And guess what? It all comes with a demand for more than $95 million in damages!
Last night on Twitter, Michael Saucedo thanked his fans for all their well wishes on word that he's set to reprise his role of Juan Santiago on ABC's "General Hospital" (see full message below). When we first reported the news a few days ago, we stated that Juan would show up on screen in the coming months. Per Saucedo, fans can expect to see the character return "sooner than later." According to sources, Juan may be arriving back in town just in time for November sweeps. What can viewers expect when Juan sees his adopted cousin Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) onscreen for the first time? One things for sure, you'll just have to tune in to find out!
Proving you can't believe everything you read or see tweeted, earlier this evening a Twitter posting said to be by John Reilly, who portrayed Shawn --- on ABC's "General Hospital" from --- , stated the actor would be returning to the soap after nearly a 20 year absence. The tweet raised the hopes of many fans of the soap only to have those hopes get dashed not too longer afterward. A spokesperson for the soap confirms to Soap Opera Network that the tweet was not by Reilly and that the handle is a fake. "Not the real John Reilly," the spokesperson said.