With word that Tristan Rogers would be departing ABC’s “General Hospital” and returning to CBS’ “The Young and the Restless,” it was only a matter of time before fans heard from the actor himself on the abrupt change in status from one soap to the next. Said Rogers on Twitter of his “GH” experience, “I’d like to thank Frank [Valentini, executive producer] and Ron [Carlivati, head writer] for great storyline that kept Scorpio true to himself.” On his “Y&R” return Rogers said, “I’m stoked on Colin’s return to #YR in 2014 and delighted to once again be a part of the CBS Daytime family.”
According to Carlivati, Rogers will exit the “GH” canvas in a big way sometime in February. “You will see a lot of Robert between now and February!” he tweeted.
Get ready for your jaws to drop, because the battle over “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” just got a hell of a lot uglier! In addition to the lawsuit that Prospect Park launched against ABC this April for the alleged sabotage of the company’s efforts to move the two sudsers online, the plaintiff filed a new amended complaint today with more details regarding the alphabet network’s alleged fraud and a claim that ABC schemed to create a “mega soap.” And guess what? It all comes with a demand for more than $95 million in damages!
Last night on Twitter, Michael Saucedo thanked his fans for all their well wishes on word that he’s set to reprise his role of Juan Santiago on ABC’s “General Hospital” (see full message below). When we first reported the news a few days ago, we stated that Juan would show up on screen in the coming months. Per Saucedo, fans can expect to see the character return “sooner than later.” According to sources, Juan may be arriving back in town just in time for November sweeps. What can viewers expect when Juan sees his adopted cousin Sabrina (Teresa Castillo) onscreen for the first time? One things for sure, you’ll just have to tune in to find out!
Proving you can’t believe everything you read or see tweeted, earlier this evening a Twitter posting said to be by John Reilly, who portrayed Sean Donely on ABC’s “General Hospital” from 1984 through 1995 and again for a couple of episodes on “General Hospital: Night Shift” in 2008, stated the actor would be returning to the soap after nearly a 20 year absence. The tweet raised the hopes of many fans only to have those hopes get dashed not too longer afterward. A spokesperson for the soap confirms to Soap Opera Network that the tweet was not by Reilly and that the handle is in fact a fake. “Not the real John Reilly,” the spokesperson said.
In honor of the combined Emmy wins for “The Bold and the Beautiful” and “The Young and the Restless,” the e-book version of the popular biography “Young and Restless Life of William J. Bell: Creator of The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful” is on sale!
EXCLUSIVE: “General Hospital” Executive Producer, Frank Valentini, chats with Soap Opera Network on nominations, the ins and outs of popular stars and transitioning from the east coast to the west coast as he took over the ABC Daytime soap opera last year.
We caught up with “General Hospital’s” Marc Anthony Samuel (Felix DeBois) during this past weekend’s Creative Arts Emmys, and he was more than happy to give a little tease as to what fans can expect from his alter ego this summer. Will Felix continue to make himself at home in Port Charles? Read on to find out!
With no original episode of “General Hospital” airing on Monday, May 27 (a re-run of the 50th anniversary episode will air instead), the soaps executive producer and head writer, Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati, respectively, are teasing multiple surprises in store next week on the soap beginning with the Tuesday, May 28 episode.
News that “The Young and the Restless’” Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) passed away this morning has rocked the entertainment community, and the beloved actress’ colleagues have responded with an outpour of memories, loving words and final farewells via Twitter. Soap Opera Network has rounded up all of the sentiments written so far, which include kind words from her “Y&R” co-stars and beyond.
When “One Life to Live” went off the air just over a year ago it was my favorite daily drama and it had been for quite some time. So, while the show’s ratings were rising, it was quite a shock to learn it had been canceled in 2011. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous with the series coming back, but this time without executive producer Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati.