Just a little over a week after word broke that Kevin Schmidt (Noah Newman) was being let go from CBS’ “The Young and the Restless,” comes word that the drama series has hit an impasse with actress Christel Khalil (Lily Winters Ashby).
According to Khalil’s official website, “Rumors can be such an ugly thing so here is the answer floating about the internet. Christel Khalil is indeed leaving ‘The Young and the Restless.’ It is not her decision to leave. An agreement could not be reached during contract negotiations. I have confirmed this information with the source.”
As for that casting report we posted yesterday for an African American female, Khalil’s website says it is “indeed a casting call for a new ‘Lily Winters Ashby.’” The drama series is also casting the role of an African American male, which is rumored to be a recast of Devon Hamilton (currently portrayed by Bryton James).
Representative’s for Khalil stated, “we have no comment at this time,” when contacted by Soap Opera Network. A representative for the soap was unavailable at press time, but has previously stated that the show “does not comment on contracts, rumors or storyline information.”
Nelson Branco, best known as the writer of the popular Suds Report column for website TV Guide Canada and for his contributions to magazine Hello! Canada is back! This time he’s Uncensored.
With Soap Opera: Uncensored, fans of Branco will notice the same writing style from his Suds Report, which includes an interview, translated comments on daytime moves, a breakdown of what’s happening on each soap and his uber-popular Blind Items.
For just $1.99 per issue, readers will receive 60 pages of news, notes and even an interview from “Venice: The Series” star Crystal Chappell where she explains why her online web soap is recasting roles played by Gina Tognoni (ex-Kelly Cramer, “One Life to Live”) and Wes Ramsey (ex-Sam Spencer, “Guiding Light”).
Snippet from Chappell Interview…
Despite winning an Emmy for Venice, Chappell still has to deal with the cruel realities of show business. But hey, what’s a soap without cast changes? My boyfriend Eric Martsolf has joined the Sapphic web serial as a recast. The ‘DAYS’ hunk will be replacing Wes Ramsey, who is currently in New York City shooting ‘The Playboy Club.’ “Eric’s wonderful in this,” compliments Chappell. “Eric’s always been supportive of the show. I had to shoot this character with or without Wes, so I sent the script to Eric, and luckily he agreed to do it. It was so much fun to see actors I love and respect in different parts. And you can talk to Eric about this — but this was a part he was born to play!” Also, don’t expect Gina Tognoni back as Sami. “She can’t do it,” sighs Chappell. “So I have to recast the role. I have someone in mind, but I can’t say who.”
Soap Opera: Uncernsored:
Inside the Issue
- INSIDE: Crystal Chappell Exclusive – Life After DAYS! Also: Why Venice is recasting Gina Tognoni and Wes Ramsey! Plus: Molly Burnett and Christian LeBlanc join Gina and Company!
- Exclusive: Major Daytime Emmy Award changes!
- Melody Thomas Scott VS. Sony: What really happened!
- Is James Scott leaving DAYS?
- Alleged Stalker Shocker Involving — Wait For It — John Driscoll!
- Andrea Evans’s Cancer Victory!
- Inside Dirty Soap! Is Eden Riegel AMC-bound?
- The truth behind Megan Ward’s GH firing!
- Drama at THE CHEW!
- Y&R’s Christel Khalil divorce drama!
- More turmoil at THE TALK?
- Four Decades Later: DAYS Chief Ken Corday finally gets a clue!
- Last week’s Soap Reviews; Next Week’s Preview Cheat Sheet! And every week: Blind Items!
If that wasn’t enough to get you interested, here are this weeks blind items from Soap Opera: Uncensored (as written by Nelson Branco):
—Which boring character is headed back to his old stomping grounds?
—Which super villainess is returning to her old show with a new-ish face?
—Expect some major firings very soon!
—Which despised star is cleaning up his or her a-hole act? But co-stars are dubious.
–Which soap actress in major trouble physically, mentally, and professionally?
—–Which new actor is as “gay as a handbag,” says one co-star, but the acting novice thinks he’s fooling people into thinking he’s straight?
To order your copy of the first edition of Soap Opera: Uncensored, click here.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of August 29, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Nick and Ashley go on an investigation spree by snooping in Adam’s room, on Monday, August 29. Tucker turns Devon’s request down when he asks for a job on Tuesday, August 30. Things get tense when Jack offers Genevieve the same job that Katherine has offered to Jill. News comes to Neil and Malcolm when it pertains to Sofia’s baby. On Friday, September 2, Katherine learns the identity of Tucker’s son, and little Delia has to be rushed to the hospital when she falls ill.
The Inside Story: Lily and Daniel’s Closeness Causes Dismay for Cane
Lily and Daniel discuss taking things slow in their newly developed relationship. Abby runs into Cane and she immediately points the blame on him for the break-up of his marriage: if he hadn’t hurt Lily, then she wouldn’t be making a move toward Daniel. Both of them later witness their exes in a serious lip lock with one another. Cane is broken-hearted at the scene, while Abby hurls nasty words in Lily’s direction. A heated Abby huffs off, with Daniel close behind to talk to her. When Cane questions if Lily is now dating Daniel, Lily doesn’t share anything with him, but wants to know why he’s holding off on signing the divorce papers. She is determined to end their marriage so she can move on with her life. Later on, Cane surprises Lily when he shows up with the signed divorce papers. He tells her that he plans on leaving Genoa City to head back to Australia. Lily begins to worry about how it will be for the twins with Cane no longer there. When Daniel pays Lily a visit, he begins to worry about things between them. Meanwhile, Cane tells Genevieve and Colin about going back home; he also thinks that they should join in and go back. Genevieve and Colin put two and two together and realize that Cane wants them with him in Australia in order to keep them away from Lily and the twins. Jill learns of Cane’s decision and is slightly shaken.
A Closer Look: The Truth about Avery and Phyllis Comes to Light
Avery meets with Sharon at the jail, where she shares the news that Phyllis is her sister. Sharon becomes leery and wonders if she can be trusted. Avery assures her that nothing will come between her trying to prove her innocence. In the meantime, Phyllis drops the bombshell to Michael that Avery is her sister. Michael is stunned that she kept her past in the dark for so long, let alone from him. He thinks he should take steps to remedy her fragile relationship with Avery but Phyllis refuses. When Avery requests for her to come see her, it bothers Phyllis. Once she arrives, Avery angers her when she wants to deposition her in preparation for Sharon’s trial. Phyllis is faced with a decision: tell Nick the truth or keep it from him.
What To Watch
- Jill and Genevieve are forced to share office space
- Chloe and Ronan get hot and heavy once again
- Sam offers support to Victoria
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Peter Porte has been cast as Paul and Isabella’s son, Ricky Williams. Porte’s first air date is Tuesday, September 13
- Genie Francis has another project in the works and will briefly depart the show but will return
- Max Page comes back as Reed Monday, August 29
- Tonya Lee Williams returns as Dr. Olivia Winters Tuesday, August 30 and Wednesday, August 31
- Brittany Ishibashi plays Jodi Wing Thursday, September 1
- Meera Simhan plays Dr. Larson on Tuesday, September 6 and Wednesday, September 7
- Tim Russ plays Judge Morrison Tuesday, September 6
- Jerry Douglas will play John Abbott’s ghost Wednesday, September 28
- Debbi Morgan is joining the cast of the show. Her slated air date is to be sometime in September
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2011
- Family and friends surround Chloe in her time of need
- The search for Billy is in full effect
- Sharon continues to question her trust in Avery
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Billy comes back to Genoa City despite the threats and secrets he keeps under wraps
- Delia needs a bone marrow transplant
- Victor continues to be a burden to Billy when he demands he agree to stay away from Victoria
- Cane continues to work hard at bringing Colin down for all of his crimes
- More insight on the history about the Atkinson family sheds light on the decisions Cane has made
- A reconciliation with Lily could be for nothing when Cane’s choices places someone in harm’s way
- Adam’s betrayal of Sharon at her trial comes back to haunt him
- Nick isn’t a fan of Avery’s methods of defending Sharon
- Avery does whatever it takes in Sharon’s trial, even playing dirty
- Genevieve will head out of town for a little while
- A woman of mystery has interesting connections to Katherine, Neil and Sofia
- While Lily tries her best to cut Cane out of her life, it’s obvious that love is still there for the two of them
- Reconciliation could be thwart by new issues for Victoria and Billy
- By Thanksgiving, several romances may come back into bloom
- Adam continues to be a problem for Sharon
- Paul’s son, Ricky Williams heads for Genoa City
As daytime gets ready to roll the dice in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 19 for “The 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards,” CBS is getting itself ready by hosting CBS Tweet Week with the networks biggest and brightest daytime stars including “The Young and the Restless’” Christian LeBlanc and Christel Khalil and “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Ronn Moss and Scott Clifton. Also joining in on the fun will be Mike Richards, Executive Producer of “The Price is Right.” Each tweeter will chat live with fans during the East Coast broadcast of their respective shows, the network said.