ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
ALL ARTICLES ABOUT
on Monday, February 25, 2013 @ 1:59 PM
On today's edition of "The View," Susan Lucci revealed that the return of her alter ego, Erica Kane, to the online relaunch of "All My Children" is currently not in the cards. Fans of the popular soap opera and the legendary character should not despair though. The petite diva enthusiastically added, "I want with all my heart to return." Lucci further elaborated to the women of "The View" that all the parties involved are "working so hard to make that [return] happen."
on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 @ 12:26 AM
Cleveland is getting hotter as TV Land's "Hot in Cleveland" brings in soap stars Cameron Mathison ("All My Children") and a returning Jack Wagner ("General Hospital," "Melrose Place") for guest stints.
on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 @ 1:21 PM
Prospect Park first announced plans to move "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to the web back in July 2011 after striking a license holding deal with Disney/ABC Domestic Television. Sadly, plans fell through by November 2011 after apparent financing and union discussions fell through. Since that dreadful time period, Prospect Park has resumed work on returning the soaps to your [computer] screens, only this time with financing said to be in place and union deals already signed with the DGA (directors), SAG-AFTRA (actors) and the WGA (writers). With more than a year gone by since "One Life to Live" last aired, we thought it would be a great opportunity to see which stars have (so far) signed on to return to "AMC" and "OLTL" compared to the list circling back in 2011.
New Characters, Recasts or Ignoring History? Who Do You Want to Write, Direct or Act On ‘All My Children?’
on Saturday, January 12, 2013 @ 10:41 AM
With Prospect Park now signing agreements with key unions SAG-AFTRA (actors), the DGA (directors), and the WGA (writers), with an expectation to begin filming episodes of "All My Children" as soon as next month, we wondered who you wanted to see act on the soap when it moves to the web. Your choices can include past actors as well as wishful casting (recast and new characters are welcomed). We also wondered who you want to join the writing team now that thousands of writers are at Prospect Park's disposal courtesy of their agreement with the WGA, as well as who you want to direct episodes of the series. Keep in mind that Agnes Nixon, who created both "AMC" and "One Life to Live," is currently working as a consultant for Prospect Park, according to Foz McDermott, head of production for TOLN (Prospect Park's The Online Network). Also note that actors Jordi Vilasuso (Dr. Griffin Castillo), Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward) and Lindsay Hartley (Dr. Cara Castillo) are all confirmed as signing on to return to "AMC" when it moves to the web. Alicia Minshew (ex-Kendall Hart) has reported that she's been approached, while Cameron Mathison (ex-Ryan Lavery) hope's he can be involved. There's no word yet on the status of Susan Lucci (ex-Erica Kane), who was the only original cast member from the first season of “AMC” that had remained with the show without interruption from its debut on January 5, 1970 through its final ABC broadcast on September 23, 2011.
on Wednesday, January 9, 2013 @ 4:47 PM
ABC Family and Muse Entertainment have announced that production will begin this week on the new original Thanksgiving movie, "Home Again" (working title), starring Cameron Mathison ("All My Children") and Jennie Garth ("Beverly Hills, 90210"). The film is scheduled to premiere in November as part of the network's annual "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" programming event. Mary Kay Place ("The Big Chill") will also star.
on Sunday, January 6, 2013 @ 8:33 PM
With Lindsay Hartley, Vincent Irizarry, Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams now all said to have been confirmed in joining the cast of an online version of "All My Children" later this year, and actress Alicia Minshew revealing she has been approached by Prospect Park, which plans to re-reboot the series later this year after a failed attempt back in 2011, it's only a matter of time before we learn who else will or will not be following the soap online.
on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 @ 5:17 PM
The big news of December 2012 was word that Prospect Park was taking another stab at moving ABC's "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to the web in 2013. The news was first reported by Deadline.com's Nellie Andreeva. In her initial reporting, Andreeva revealed that Prospect Park had made agreements with the unions SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and the DGA (Directors Guild of America). Previously, while the company had planned on debuting the shows on the web in early 2012, no deals had been signed with either union or the WGA (Writers Guild of America). This hindered the company's plan to move forward with the shows and resulted in a postponement that was announced in November 2011. In a statement at the time, AFTRA (prior to its merger with SAG) said that they were "deeply disappointed to read that the executives at Prospect Park have decided to suspend their efforts to produce the long-running and popular daytime serials." Additionally, the union had said that they "remain hopeful that an opportunity to revive these two popular series will emerge in the future, and remain ready to resume discussions should that opportunity arise." The future took more than a year, but it appears to have finally emerged. However, although a representative from SAG-AFTRA confirmed that an agreement with Prospect Park had been made when pressed for comment from Soap Opera Network early last week, it remains unclear if said agreement had actually been signed. "Not absolutely certain it had been signed but can check that for you," said the rep. Due to the holidays, we don't expect a response on that little detail until at least tomorrow, January 2.
on Saturday, January 14, 2012 @ 8:30 PM
Former "All My Children" leading men Cameron Mathison and Thorsten Kaye are scheduled to help heat up the primetime schedule later this winter. Mathison is scheduled to hit the sheets with one of televisions original housewives on the last season of ABC's "Desperate Housewives." Meanwhile, Kaye will show up on NBC's highly anticipated mid-season replacement, the musical drama "Smash," where his character will turn the temperature up for a determined Broadway producer going through some rough personal and professional times.
on Friday, January 13, 2012 @ 4:30 PM
After a successful three-city tour on the east coast, "A Tribute to Pine Valley," produced and presented by Celebrity Events Group, Soap Opera Digest and Visit Myrtle Beach: South Carolina, is taking the show to the midwest. Beginning today, January 13, the tribute will hit three venues in Wisconsin and Illinois. The tour boasts a cast of some of "All My Children's" most popular and sustaining actors for a question and answer session as well as an autograph and photo session where you can meet your favorite stars up-close and personal.
on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 @ 12:01 AM
"One Life to Live" gets 'canceled' for the second time in seven months as Prospect Park breaks the hearts of the show's loyal fanbase.
on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 @ 2:59 PM
After five months of negotiations with various guilds, hundreds of presentations to potential financial and technology partners, and a hope that we could pioneer a new network for the future, it is with great disappointment that we are suspending our aspirations to revive “One Life to Live” and “All My Children” via online distribution. It is now becoming clear that mounting issues make our ability to meet our deadlines to get OLTL on the air in a reasonable time period following its January 13, 2012 ABC finale impossible.
on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ 3:15 PM
On Monday afternoon, Vincent Irizarry learned of Jamey Giddens (of Daytime Confidential) rather strong implication on Twitter that [Irizarry's] lack of cooperation along with Agnes Nixon and Lorraine Broderick's "story projections" were a major reason production company Prospect Park decided to reportedly halt early production efforts to move "All My Children" to the internet. Read on to find out how the none too pleased Daytime Emmy Award winner responded to the claim on Facebook on Monday evening.
on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ 1:05 PM
With an amazing spirit that shines from the inside out and a very quick learning curve, Iraq war veteran and motivational speaker J.R. Martinez wasted little time winning over legions of "All My Children" fans after joining the cast of the popular daytime drama in November of 2008. The fearless 28-year old has gone on to win over the hearts of millions more since joining the cast of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." Along with soaring to the top of the leaderboard on the popular dance show, the actor has emerged as arguably the most popular star of the 13th season and a role model to many who may have never heard of him before.