Monday, August 13 was the day to watch ABC’s “Good Morning America” as the morning show revealed the dance partners for the upcoming season of “Dancing with the Stars,” dubbed the “All Star” edition. With Kelly Monaco‘s (Sam McCall, “General Hospital”) former dance partner Alec Mazo (pictured left, with Monaco) currently appearing in “Dance Temptation,” with Edyta Sliwinska, and no longer appearing on the series (he last appeared during season nine), the actress has been assigned to Valentin Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his third season.
Monaco was the first winner of the infamous mirror ball trophy and helped launch the competition series into the hit it became in the summer of 2005. Joining her for the all star edition will be Kirstie Alley, Shawn Johnson, Drew Lachey, Apolo Anton Ohno, Emmitt Smith, Joey Fatone, Pamela Anderson, Helio Castroneves, Melissa Rycroft, Gilles Marini, and Bristol Palin.
Carson Kressley, Sabrina Bryan, and Kyle Massey are vying for the 13th and final position in the all-star edition of “Dancing with the Stars.” Fans are being asked to vote for one of the three as part of a show first being called “Viewers’ Choice: All Star.” Fans can logon to ABC.com/DancingwiththeStars, presented by Diet Pepsi, and cast their votes now through Friday, August 24 at 3:00 PM ET/12:00 PM PT, with the winner announced live on Monday, August 27during “Good Morning America.”
What follows is the list of other celebrities competing and their dancing partners:
- Kirstie Alley is re-teaming with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his 13th season.
- Pamela Anderson will be joined by Tristan MacManus, who returns for his third season.
- Helio Castroneves is dancing with Chelsie Hightower, who returns for a seventh season.
- Joey Fatone is getting Kym Johnson, who is entering season number 12.
- Shawn Johnson has luck on her side as she’s teamed with Derek Hough, who returns for his 10th season.
- Drew Lachey won season two, but instead of Cheryl Burke he’s getting Anna Trebunskaya, who returns for her 10th season as well.
- Gilles Marini took his “Dancing” fame to “Brothers & Sisters,” but Peta Murgatroyd isn’t related to him. She returns for her third season.
- Apolo Anton Ohno gets Karina Smirnoff, who has 12 seasons under her belt.
- Bristol Palin returns to the floor with help from her former partner Mark Ballas, who has enjoyed 11 season on the series.
- Melissa Rycroft gets Tony Dovolani, who, in the video below, reveals he’s excited about getting his name back from “poor Tony” to “Tony,” referring to the infamous Kate Gosselin debacle. He returns for his 14th season on the show!
- Emmitt Smith got Burke, who is also returning for a 14th season on the show.
For a look at the “GMA” announcement, watch the video below.
The new season of “Dancing with the Stars” premieres Monday, September 24 at 8:00 PM ET/PT on ABC.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Jack Wagner, 52, is a soap opera legend and singer, but for millions of viewers he’s a dancing star courtesy of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” The actor joined the 14th cycle (season) of the reality-competition series along with such celebrities as Melissa Gilbert (actor, “Little House on the Prairie”), Sherri Shepherd (talk show host and actress, “The View”), Jaleel White (actor, “Family Matters”), Gladys Knight (singer), Donald Driver (NFL star, “Green Bay Packers”), William Levy (latin soap star), Katherine Jenkins (opera star), Gavin DeGraw (singer), Martina Navratilova (tennis star), Roshon Fegan (actor, “Shake It Up!) and Maria Menounos (TV host and correspondent), but what fans truly want to know is if Wagner is heading back to ABC’s “General Hospital” after being taken off contract by CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” in early February.
In promotion of “Dancing’s” current season each celebrity is taking part in “You Tweeted, They Answered,” a taped segment in which they answer questions provided to them by “Dancing with the Stars’” Twitter followers (@DancingABC). Of the three questions Wagner answered none was as attention grabbing for soap fans, in particular those watching “General Hospital” (in which Wagner portrayed Frisco Jones off and on from 1983 to 1995), as the one pertaining to his possible return to the soap that put him on the map. When asked if he “would you ever consider coming back to “General Hospital,” Wagner stated “Frisco’s never dead, man! He’s right here! Yeah!” While that isn’t an outright yes, or much of an answer in itself, it does help that “Dancing” is on the same network as “GH” and with Kristina Wagner (Felicia Jones) reportedly returning to the soap in late April the possibilities are endless. If you want to ask Wagner your own question, he’s always available online @JackWagnerHPK.
In addition to his Emmy nominated stint on “General Hospital,” Wagner portrayed the Emmy nominated role of Dominick “Nick” Marone on CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” and was the much beloved and hated Dr. Peter Burns on the FOX primetime soap “Melrose Place.” Other soap stints include appearances in NBC’s short-lived primetime soap “Titans” and daytime soap “Sunset Beach.”
Fans can vote for Wagner each week via telephone or text message until an hour after the Monday performance broadcast of “Dancing with the Stars” based on their local time zones. To vote by text message, text the word “VOTE” using the information below:
|Telephone #||Text-in Code|
*Message and data rates may apply.
Online voting, however, is open from the beginning of the Monday performance show until 11:00 AM ET/8:00 AM PT the next day (morning of the Tuesday results show). To vote online, you must create a username and provide a valid email address at ABC.com. You can also connect your Facebook or Twitter account to your ABC.com account and login to vote (find out how).
Watch Wagner dancing the Jive with his professional partner Anna Trebunskaya
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — This evening, ABC confirmed the list of contestants for the 13th season of “Dancing with the Stars.” The list leaked earlier today on Twitter proved to be accurate. Both lists included actor J.R. Martinez, 28, from “All My Children.” Martinez is a veteran of the Iraq war and a highly sought-after motivational speaker for the causes that effect his fellow veterans. He joined the 41-year old ABC soap as Brot Monroe in November of 2008. Martinez follows in the foot steps of former “DWTS” winner Kelly Monaco (Sam, “General Hospital”) and his “AMC” co-stars and former “DWTS” contestants Cameron Mathison (Ryan) Susan Lucci (Erica) and Aiden Turner (ex-Aidan).
Joining Martinez will be a slew of figures from the entertainment (actors, reality stars, commentators, and musicians) and sports world including:
- Elizabetta Canalis, 32: Canalis is a stunning Italian actress. To the world at large Canalis is best known as the former long-term flame of mega-star George Clooney.
- Kristin Cavalleri, 24: Cavalleri is an aspiring actress and a successful reality television star. She starred on MTV’s reality hits “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills.”
- Nancy Grace, 51: Grace is a former prosecutor and an outspoken television host, journalist and legal correspondent.
- Ricki Lake, 42: Lake is best known for her daytime talk show “Ricki Lake.” The gab fest aired for ten seasons on syndication from 1993 thru 2004. Lake is also a successful actress.
- Chynna Phillips, 43: Phillips is best known for being one third of the successful 1980s musical trio Wilson Phillips. Phillips is married to William Baldwin.
- Hope Solo, 31: Is an America soccer goalkeeper. She is the starting goalkeeper for the United States Women’s National Soccer Team.
- David Arquette, 39: Arquette is an actor, writer, director and screenwriter. He most notably starred in the “Scream” series of films. Arquette was married to Courtney Cox (“Friends” and “Cougar Town”). He’s recently been in the news due to substance abuse problems.
- Ron Artest, 31: The Queens, New York native won his first NBA Championship in 2010 with the Los Angeles Lakers. Artest was drafted to the NBA in 1999 by the Chicago Bulls. The talented athlete has been a controversial personality on-and-off the court.
- Chaz Bono, 42: Chaz is the son of legendary pop icon Cher and partner Sonny Bono. Chaz was born a female named Chastity.
- Rob Kardashian, 24: Kardashian is a reality television star. He stars on E!’s “Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s” and “Khloe and Lamar.”
- Carson Kressley, 41: Kressley is a fashion guru and commentator. He’s hosted such fashion oriented shows as “Queer Eye,” “How to Look Good Naked” and “Carson Nation.”
The professional dancers scheduled to partner with these performers include Cheryl Burke, Kym Johnson, Karina Smirnoff, Lacey Schwimmer, Anna Trebunskaya, Tony Dovolani, Derek Hough, Mark Ballas, Maksim Chmerkoviskiy, Val Chmerkoviskiy and Tristan MacManus.