(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” DVR Alerts for the Week of September 12, 2011.
ALL MY CHILDREN: DVR ALERTS
- Monday: Will Angie’s sight return? Kendall gets a mysterious text. John O’Hurley guest stars as film producer Kit Sterling.
- Tuesday: Brot makes a confession to Natalia. Colby turns to Liza for comfort and support. Who does David still have hidden away?
- Wednesday: Colby asks Liza if Maya can move in with them. Maya must make a decision about her baby. Dixie has a dream about Babe.
- Thursday: Tad advises Jesse not to give up on Angie. Cara tells David shocking news. Will JR leave Pine Valley?
- Friday: Zach surprises Kendall. Julia Barr returns as Brooke English.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Episode Recap – Wednesday, September 7, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Angie learns new cells have been implanted and now she must wait to see if they grow. Frankie, Jesse and Angie fear Maya may have left town when they return home and see no sign of her and Lucy. Maya and Lucy return much to the Hubbard’s relief. Maya reassures the Hubbards about their place in her and Lucy’s life.
Dixie hopes she and Tad can work things through. Tad and Jake share a heart to heart about love and lost. Krystal gives Dixie some advice, while Jake does the sane with Tad. Dixie gets an idea on how to bring the levity back into her and Tad’s relationship. Dixie surprises Tad in public in a chicken suit.
Tad points out that if Ruth and Joe never adopted him he would have missed out on having the best brother a man could ask for in Jake.
Dixie tells Krystal about her memory of the woman with a “B” bracelet in the room with her at David’s facility. They discuss the possibility that Babe may be alive. Zach and Ryan are dragged into the police station following their violent run-in. Zach accuses Ryan of breaking into David’s facility. Ryan accuses Zach of kidnapping him with the intent of doing much more. Zach reveals to a surprised David that he storage room at the facility is no longer empty. He eagerly pleads his allegiance to David. David tries to get Zach under control and question what he did to Griffin. David reveals two of his patients are well enough to be revealed very soon. Zach tells David he needs to give him time to handle the situation at the facility.
Verla and Opal face off over Sam Brady. Sam clearly only has eyes for Opal despite Verla’s efforts to diminsh her rivals appeal.
On the Next All My Children…
- JR faces a foreclosure on his home.
- Marissa offers JR legal help.
- Madison apologizes to Scott for shutting him out.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — As Soap Opera Network reported late last week, Susan Lucci has added a scathing new chapter to “All My Life” scheduled to be included in the paperback release of her memoir on September 13. In the new epilogue, the actress who is known for being too well-mannered uncharacteristically blasts ABC Daytime Chief Brian Frons for what she feels is his mismanagement of ABC Daytime and his general arrogance. Following a weekend of book leaks, ABC released what could only be construed as a biting statement about Lucci’s book addition and conduct. On Tuesday – coincidentally or not – after getting information from an unnamed source, a Deadline.com article held back few jabs after revealing the actress turned down the offer to continue with “All My Children” online.
An epilogue is defined as a piece of writing usually included to conclude a body of work. On Saturday, September 3, as aforementioned, the New York Post not only revealed more juicy tidbits from Lucci’s new memoir epilogue detailing her feelings about the cancellation of the soap she put on the map in 1970, they also included a response from ABC in regard to it. An ABC Daytime spokesperson told the Post “we have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career.” The negative connotation that statement ends on is hard to miss. Coincidentally on Tuesday, September 6, Deadline.com announced that Lucci officially turned down Prospect Park’s more than fair offer to remain with the show due to trying to “gouge the producers for more money.” According to the article, Lucci was offered the same pay she currently receives at ABC Daytime but demanded a raise and perks including more time off. The article implies that the future of “AMC” is now in jeopardy and “One Life to Live” will become the focus of the new venture due to Lucci’s lack of cooperation with the company that has licensed “AMC” and “OLTL” from ABC. In the same article it was also announced that the production company had secured several “OLTL” stars to continue post-ABC Daytime including Llanview’s main leading lady Erika Slezak.
For her part, despite the addition to the book being written before Lucci learned of the licensing deal with Prospect Park, the Emmy Award winner recently told TV Guide Magazine’s Michael Logan she has no regrets about writing what was on her mind. Just last week, Lucci seemed to be a good bet to continue with Prospect Park. Once again speaking to TV Guide Magazine, she had this to say about the venture at that time: “my heart is there… I think it’s a very, very exciting possibility. I think that Prospect Park, the men involved there, have a wonderful, successful track record.” This leaves fans and the press alike wondering if ABC Daytime’s hurt feelings about Lucci speaking her mind was the real culprit behind this sudden turn of events or at least the negative tone now surrounding her current negotiation stand with Prospect Park. Jamey Giddens, from Daytime Confidential, reports that this may not be the end of talks. “AMC” creator Agnes Nixon is still hoping to help Prospect Park reach an agreement with Lucci.
Whatever the case, on September 23, Lucci is slated to co-host “The View’” for a special tribute to “AMC.” “The View” is a part of ABC Daytime and the talk show’s daily hot topics may become even more heated if any of these topics reach the discussion table.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Episode Recap – Tuesday, September 6, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Carol Burnet makes a guest appearance and reprises her role as Verla Grubbs. Erica doesn’t recognize an intrusive Verla until she introduces herself by name. Verla commiserates with Erica about the perks and price of celebrity and invites her to be a guest on her talk-show. Erica puts Verla in her place when she learns she’s back to get her claws in Sam Brady, Opal’s former beau. Verla’s attitude towards Erica takes a sour turn.
Krystal tells Jack he’s wrong if he believs Erica’s not leaving town due to matters of the heart. Erica remembers working with Mike Roy on her first book. Jack confronts Erica at the airport about why she’s really heading out of town. He presses Erica to tell him if she’s going to Los Angeles in search of Mike Roy. Erica admits it’s true but assures Jack he is the only man in her heart. Jack tells Erica he’s secure about them but he just wants her to be honest with him moving forward
Zach interrupts David’s discussion with Cara eager for them to move their alliance forward. Ryan warns Krystal not to fall into David’s trap. Greenlee tells Kendall she plans on seducing Ryan. The women commiserate over Ryan and Zach’s obsessions with David. Greenlee is surprised when Ryan is waiting for her at home with an island escape. They make love. Kendall, meanwhile, sets up a romantic dinner for Zach who remains focused on his mission. Kendall tells Zach how much she wants this thing with David to be over. Zach takes out Kendall’s engagement ring and places it back on his finger. They make love. Ryan explains to Greenlee why he has to follow through and stop David. Zach races out of Kendall’s arms after receiving a mysterious call.
Cara thinks it’s time to face the possibility that her cancer has returned. She continues to confide in David.
Jesse, Tad, Frankie, Randi, Jake and Krystal wait for word on Angie as she undergoes the procedure to get her sight back.
On the Next All My Children…
- Bloodied and bruised, Ryan and Zach are hauled down to the police station.
- David says two of his patients are well enough to be revealed soon.
- Opal plans on meeting her old flame Sam with Dixie and Krystal by her side.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” fans have reason to celebrate today as a handful of the show’s current cast members, including six-time Daytime Emmy winner Erika Slezak (Viki) have already agreed to make the transition with the show from ABC to online-only distribution with Prospect Park. According to Deadline Hollywood the company, which leased the rights to “OLTL” and sister soap “All My Children” in July, Slezak, along with Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Michael Easton (John), and Ted King (Tomas) will all be remaining with the show after it airs its final ABC episode early next year.
“One Life’s” longest-running cast member, Erika Slezak has been with the soap since 1971. Kassie DePaiva first appeared on the show in 1993. Michael Easton made his “OLTL” debut in 2003, and Ted King joined the show back in February of this year.
According to a statement from Prospect Park, “Pending a final agreement with AFTRA, Prospect Park has confirmed that ‘One Life to Live’ cast members Ted King (Tomas Delgado), Michael Easton (John McBain), Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer) and star of stars Erika Slezak who plays Lord family matriarch Victoria Lord, have agreed to deals to join the company’s new production of ‘One Life to Live.’ This marks the first confirmation of cast members since Prospect Park began planning for the soap production to live on the new online network beyond its finale January televised date on ABC.”
Furthermore, Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports that “I hear that Prospect Park may reevaluate its short-term strategy for the two soaps and put its muscle behind the higher-rated ‘OLTL,’ while moving ‘AMC’ to the back burner.”
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Teasers for the Week of September 5, 2011.
ALL MY CHILDREN: TEASERS
- Monday (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/5/11) (Episode #10678): Bianca and Kendall have some surprise visitors. Leo and Greenlee rehash their history. Greenlee finds Zach next to her. (Rated: TVPG)
- Tuesday (Episode #10700): Erica recalls her collaboration with Mike Roy on her first book. Carol Burnett returns as Verla Grubbs. Ryan thinks David is trying to seek forgiveness from those he harmed. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #10701): Ryan and Zach are taken to the police station. David makes an admission. Opal decides to get together with an old boyfriend. (Rated: TVPG)
- Thursday (Episode #10702): J.R. may lose his home. Madison apologizes to Scott. Marissa offers to help J.R.. (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10703): Jesse urges Ryan to drop his vendetta against David. Zach threatens Ryan. Cara receives some surprising test results. (Rated: TVPG V)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Episode Recap – Monday, September 5, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/5/11)…
Bianca and Kendall are surprised to find an unharmed Erica on their doorstep. Appears Erica and Janet were not the only ones to escape and Janet brings in Marian and Dixie. Dixie runs out when she hears sirens but no one is able to catch her and Erica hopes she finds Tad and JR on her own.
Emma tells Ryan about the fire and asks if Annie is alright. Both are surprised to see Annie at their door. Ryan makes it clear he won’t allow her to hide out there, but Annie just wants to see Emma. Ryan agrees.
Leo and Greenlee talk about the past and the present. After the pair share a tender kiss, Greenlee opens her eyes still crumbled on the floor. Greenlee’s disappointment turns to shock when she realizes she’s not alone in the locked room. She finds an unconscious Zach in the gurney.
On the Next All My Children…
- Ryan thinks David is banking on people forgiving him for all he’s done by bringing back their loved ones.
- Erica remembers working with Mike Roy on her first book.
- Carol Burnet makes a guest appearance and reprises her role as Verla Grubbs.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of August 22-26, 2011
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.
NOTE: There were some pre-emptions on Tuesday due to the earthquake and on Friday due to Hurricane Irene.
1. Y&R 4,413,000 (-101,000/-627,000) <—– new low *
2. B&B 2,927,000 (-42,000/-179,000)
3. OLTL 2,743,000 (-61,000/+479,000)
4. AMC 2,491,000 (+3,000/+165,000)
5. GH 2,468,000 (-230,000/-48,000)
6. DAYS 2,440,000 (-56,000/-35,000)
* Previous low: 4,464,000 (February 28 – March 4, 2011)
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.1/-.3) <—– ties low
2. B&B 2.2/7 (+.1/same)
3. OLTL 1.9/6 (-.1/+.2)
4. AMC 1.8/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/same)
4. GH 1.8/5 (-.1/same)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 852,000 (-32,000/-200,000) <—– new low *
2. OLTL 712,000 (-61,000/+71,000)
3. GH 693,000 (-97,000/-154,000)
4. DAYS 633,000 (-34,000/-125,000)
5. AMC 594,000 (+16,000/+4,000)
6. B&B 565,000 (+22,000/-17,000)
* Previous low: 864,000 (February 21-25, 2011)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.3) <—– ties low (3rd straight week)
2. OLTL 1.1/7 (-.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/6 (-.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 1.0/6 (same/-.1)
5. AMC 0.9/6 (same/same)
5. B&B 0.9/5 (+.1/same)
Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. Y&R 44,000 (-20,000/+2,000)
2. OLTL 39,000 (-10,000/+11,000)
3. B&B 29,000 (-6,000/-2,000)
4. GH 28,000 (-12,000/-7,000)
5. DAYS 20,000 (+5,000/+9,000)
6. AMC 15,000 (-5,000/-3,000)
Women 18-34 Rating
1. OLTL 0.7/4 (same/+.1) *
2. AMC 0.6/4 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6/4 (-.1/-.2)
2. DAYS 0.6/4 (same/-.3)
5. Y&R 0.5/4 (-.2/-.5) <—– new low **
6. B&B 0.3/2 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low
* Sole #1 for the first time this century….possible ever
** Previous low: 0.6 (August 8-12, 2011)
Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 990,000 (+7,000/-231,000)
2. B&B 642,000 (-30,000/-49,000)
3. DAYS 558,000 (+34,000/+57,000)
4. OLTL 522,000 (+54,000/+133,000)
5. AMC 478,000 (+62,000/+52,000)
6. GH 457,000 (+9,000/+32,000)
Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
For the SEASON September 20, 2010 through August 28, 2011
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.2
3. GH 2.1
4. DAYS 2.0
4. OLTL 2.0
6. AMC 1.9
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6
2. GH 1.4
3. DAYS 1.2
4. OLTL 1.1
5. B&B 0.9
5. AMC 0.9
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Episode Recap – Friday, September 2, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Cara becomes worried about her growing exhaustion but covers when she sees Tad. Cara confides in David that she is worried her cancer has come back.
Angie questions Jesse on why he cancelled her surgery without discussing it with her first.
Opal is upset when she gets a text from her old flame, Sam Brady.
On the Next All My Children (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/5/11)…
- Bianca and Kendall are surprised to find an unharmed Erica on their doorstep.
- Greenlee and Leo discuss the past, present and future.
- Greenlee finds Zach in the clinic bed after she regains consciousness.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “All My Children” during the week of September 5, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: ALL MY CHILDREN
On Tuesday, September 6, Erica runs into Verla Grubbs (Carol Burnett) at the airport and is aghast when she realizes what she’s up to. Krystal and Dixie offer Opal moral support. Verla threatens Opal’s reunion with former flame, Sam Brady (Jason Kincaid). Tad surprises an uncertain Dixie with a blast from the past. Erica searches for Mike Roy. Angie’s procedure is completed. JR admits to Scott that he’s lost everything. Marissa reaches out to JR. Colby contacts Brooke. Will Scott and Madison reunite on Thursday, September 8? Cara learns what has been making her sick.
The Inside Story: Losing My Religion
Greenlee fills Kendall in on her sexy plan to get Ryan’s mind off of David. Ryan’s frustration over David continues to intensify. Zach and Kendall make love. David reveals to Zach that two of his patients are almost ready to be revealed. Zach finds Ryan breaking into David’s facility. Ryan and Zach’s confrontation takes a violent turn ending with both men being dragged down to the police station. David assures an upset Cara that he’ll find out the truth about Griffin. Jesse gives Ryan some advice. On Friday, September, 9, David, Ryan, Zach, Griffin, Greenlee and Kendall all end up at David’s facility where the situation quickly deteriorates.
A Closer Look: Sweet Child of Mine
On Wednesday, September 7, Tad and Jake have a heart to heart about adoption. Jake abruptly ends the important call he’s on when Amanda enters the room. Amanda opens up to Cara. Cara tells an intrigued Amanda about Children of Hope. She explains that they relocate children orphaned by war and offers to make a call if she’s interested.
AMC ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- Someone learns that they’re with child.
- Kendall receives a mysterious text message.
- Maya makes a decision about Lucy.
- Dixie has a dream about Babe as JR contemplates leaving town.
- Colby and Liza reconnect.