UPDATE 11:03 AM ET: In a statement released to Soap Opera Network, Jeff Kwatinetz, co-founder, Prospect Park, says, “Brian Frons and ABC cancelled the soaps. As the people trying to save them, why on earth would we ever work with him?!?!”
PREVIOUS: According to We Love Soaps, there are rumors floating around that Brian Scott Frons, former President, Daytime, Disney/ABC Television Group, may be secretly working with Prospect Park as it gets ready to re-launch “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” ironically, two soaps he himself cancelled two years prior.
On the back cover of the newest double issue edition of TV Guide Magazine (dated April 22-May 5, 2013), those individuals who have yet to discover that “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” are now back in session will be in for a surprise when they see The OnLine Network’s advertisement in the magazine proclaiming that “America’s Favorite Dramas” premiere with new 30 minute daily episodes that can be viewed whenever they want, however they want and wherever they want via Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes beginning Monday, April 29.
As first noted on our Twitter page, when pressed for comment on the news that Prospect Park had filed a lawsuit against the network over an apparent breach in their licensing agreement with Prospect Park, ABC tells Soap Opera Network, ”We haven’t seen the complaint or been served so we can’t comment.”
Shortly after word broke that Prospect Park had filed a lawsuit against ABC, Inc. over a reported breach by ABC in its licensing agreement with Prospect Park as it relates to “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” Soap Opera Network has learned that one sticking point listed in the lawsuit seems to have been rectified already.
The OnLine Network has released teasers for week two of “All My Children,” which premieres Monday, April 29 on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes, and FX Canada for Canadian viewers. Things are only just getting started!
Prospect Park co-founders Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz have released the following statement to Soap Opera Network shortly after word broke that the company has decided to sue ABC over what it considers a breach of its licensing agreement.
According to Deadline, Prospect Park has filed a lawsuit against ABC claiming the network “has been breaking the licensing agreement and sabotaging Prospect Park’s efforts to continue ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’ online.” Prospect Park is seeking $25 million in monetary damages. It is understood that the lawsuit won’t hinder the launches of either soap when they premiere in less than two weeks nor take away from the red carpet premiere schedule for next week in New York City.
As previously reported, Canadian viewers of “All My Children” have finally learned that they won’t have to miss a moment of their favorite soap as FX Canada has agreed to carry The OnLine Network produced series (via Prospect Park) beginning with the shows very first episode airing Monday, April 29 at 12:00 PM ET/2:00 PM PT. Recently, the network uploaded a web page for the series along with its own description of the happenings in Pine Valley.
Just in case you “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” fans are still a bit confused as to how you can watch your favorite shows once they debut on iTunes, Hulu and Hulu Plus on Monday, April 29, Vincent Irizarry (David Hayward, “AMC”) has released a simple, straightforward viewing guide.
If you’ve been missing “All My Children’s” Chrishell Stause (ex-Amanda Dillon), you’re in luck: The actress recently tweeted that she has joined the cast of a new show, and we can now confirm she’ll be headed to Salem as part of “Days of our Lives”!
A representative for the actress confirmed to Soap Opera Network that Stause is joining the “DAYS” cast, but unfortunately, couldn’t reveal whether or not she’s a recast or a brand new character: “It’s kind of secretive,” the rep says of the details regarding her alter ego. Adds Stause of joining the show: “So happy that they finally announced it; I couldn’t be happier!”