The Friday, June 20 telecast of the “35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards” on ABC was the least watched in the ceremonies history and the network placed third overall against repeats on the other networks.
Just 5.4 million viewers tuned into the two-hour telecast to watch ABC’s “General Hospital” take home its 10th Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. The series has won the Emmy in this category more than any other series in Emmy history.
Lust and pining takes over…
Monday, June 23, 2008 1:50 PM | By Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A wife left in the dark; a proposal out of left field; and brothers once again caught in the middle…
THIS WEEK ON:AS THE WORLDS TURNS
Alison’s case against Chris begins and both families take their respective sides. Emily and Chris get in a heated lip lock and are nearly caught by Susan. The judge hears Brenda’s side of the case; her decision to cut Alison from the program was all her own, not Chris’. Chris backs up Brenda’s testimony which gives the judge the decison to side in the favor of Chris. Noah gets devestating news frm the police that they are declaring Col Mayer officially dead. Luke, still feeling Noah blames him, tells Noah that no matter what he will never stop loving him and if he needs space, he will give it to him.
WANTING WHAT YOU CAN’T HAVE
Brad pays Jack a visit at the farmhouse and immediately grills him about his time with Janet. Jack senses that Brad isn’t interested in Janet but rather wants to make sure he isn’t either. Janet shows up to visit Jack and to spurn Brad, invites her to see one of Parker’s games. Going home, Brad quickly gets Katie to go to the match with him as well. Afterwards, Jack, alone with Janet, tells her that he’s aware that she’s trying to use him to get Brad jealous. When Janet denies it, he tells her to call him when she’s sure what it is she wants.
After being released from the hospital, Paul and Meg take Barbara home. Meg informs Paul that she is sure that Sophie was the one that tampered with Barbara’s medication. Paul shows up at the Lakeview and tells Lisa of what Sophie did. Lisa, awaiting Sophie’s arrival, informs her she no longer can stay there. To make sure Meg knows his love is real, Paul proposes to her and Meg willingly accepts. Mid celebration, Paul receives a phone call from Sophie asking him to meet her. When he goes to see her, she gleefully tells him that she’s going to have his baby. Paul doesn’t believe her until she shows him a positive test. Sophie soon begins to talk about how now that she’s with his child he will be a part of her life from now on. Disgusted, Paul tells her that he’s marrying Meg. Meanwhile Meg tells Holden the news and is suprised when he gives her his blessing. When Paul returns to tell Meg about Sophie he is unable to when Meg tells him about her family’s acceptance of him.
Unable to stop thinking about Holden, Carly presses him to take Lily on the trip he promised her. Lily, wanting to spice the trip up, decides to go lingerie shopping, but ropes in Carly to help her. After shopping, Carly brings up the trip and Lily wonders why she’s so curious. When Lily gets home, she’s happy when Holden tells her that they will be going on the trip. Holden then tells her that he needs to take care of one matter regarding the horses. Back at home, Carly breaks down in tears. JJ soon comes home and asks if he can go to camp. Finding it as a good get-away, Carly agrees to take him.
Pictured: Maura West courtesy CBS
© 2008 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A man in love doesn’t take threats lightly.
THIS WEEK ON: GENERAL HOSPITAL
Jason remains grouchy around Claudia while they are quarantined with Spinelli in the penthouse. Anthony challenges Claudia by testing her loyalty to the family – “kill Jason or you will live to regret your decisions.” Jax begins to think that Carly could be pregnant. Robin admits to Patrick that she doesn’t want him involved in their child’s life because she fears getting emotionally invested. Robin can’t trust the possibility of Patrick abandoning her and the baby. Logan and Scott lie by telling the cops that Johnny started a brawl with Logan. Anthony fires Johnny for sticking to his story. Lulu witnesses the bond that Johnny and Claudia share. Dr. Matt Hunter joins the staff of General Hospital and immediately fights a battle with Maxie Jones. Claudia and Ric discuss Anthony’s fondness for Johnny.
The Inside Story: Alexis Sexing Jerry
District Attorney Alexis Davis-Lansing takes the bull by the horns and announces to everyone present at the PCPD that, yes, she is having sex with Jerry Jacks! When Anthony Zacchara makes another threat against Kristina’s life, Alexis turns to Jerry for support. Not realizing what she has done, Alexis fears she has unleashed Mr. Craig once again. Jerry pays the Zacchara’s a visit and the results could be deadly.
A Closer Look: Sonny & Kate Getting Married
Sonny and Kate continue to discuss marriage plans, but Kate’s revelation that they should look into Diane drawing up a pre-nup for them worries Sonny. Kate tries to explain herself and the two eventually make love. When Sonny learns of how big Kate’s plans for their wedding are he starts to think more closely about their future. Kate reassures Sonny that he deserves to be happy too and they’ll be happy together. Jax informs Sonny that Carly might be pregnant, just as Carly learns Sonny and Kate are getting married. Diane informs Carly that Sonny would have all parental rights to any child he should father with her. Kate basks in the glory of getting married to the man she loves, while Jax’s hopes for finally becoming a father grow.
What to Watch
- Jason and Claudia call for an ambulance when Spinelli’s condition worsens.
- Maxie warns Lulu that she’ll end up just as loony as her mother Laura.
- Claudia notices Jason’s legitimate concerns for Spinelli’s life just before being reprimanded by an angry Anthony.
- Tracy visits Monica and seeks advice. Later, she pays Johnny a visit and warns him to stay away from Luke’s child.
- Spinelli spills to Elizabeth about Jason and Claudia.
- Jason Cook joins the cast of “General Hospital” in the contract role of Dr. Matt Hunter beginning Thursday, June 26 (see story).
- Finola Hughes returns to “General Hospital” as Anna Devane on Friday, June 27 when Anna arrives to support Robin during her pregnancy, but Robin rushes to the hospital to get away.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF JUNE 30, 2008
- Monday: Carly finds out once and for all whether or not she’s pregnant with either Jax or Sonny’s baby; Jerry and Johnny reach a breaking point; Nikolas threatens Claudia in an effort to protect his family from harm.
- Tuesday: Carly alleviates Jax’s concerns about her and Sonny; Robin wrestles with letting Patrick into her child’s life; Ric believes Sonny did the right thing by leaving the mob behind.
- Wednesday: Claudia confesses to Johnny that Nikolas knows the truth; Carly threatens to tear apart Sonny and Kate’s relationship; Spinelli plots to spend more time with Maxie by pretending to be sick.
- Thursday: Jerry gets in Claudia’s way; Carly is out for blood; Nikolas has a warning for Johnny.
- Friday: Encore presentation of the May 1, 2008 broadcast.