(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — On Thursday, July 21, ABC Soaps in Depth reported that Kelly Sullivan had been hired as a recast Kate Howard after more than a year since we last saw the character (last played by Megan Ward). Now Soap Opera Network has learned when you can catch your first glimpse of the actress.
In In Depth‘s posting they indicated that Kate “will be looking a bit different after all that time recently spent in Paris and Milan,” but that’s only half the story! Just wait until Kate comes face-to-face with Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard), her high school boyfriend and supposedly the loves of each other’s lives, or she was until Sonny remembered Brenda Barrett (Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo) at this point last year.
In addition to “GH,” Sullivan has appeared in episodes of “As The World Turns” and “One Life to Live” along with a guest-stint in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.” She’ll appear in the film “333″ co-starring with “The Young and the Restless’” Camryn Grimes (ex-Cassie Newman) which is set for release in 2012.
Sullivan’s first airdate is scheduled for Monday, September 12.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) – Rebeka Montoya, best known for her role as Gina in the online series “Heroes: Going Postal” alongside former “GH” and “Port Charles” actor Kiko Ellsworth, is joining the cast of “General Hospital” in the recurring role of Delores Padilla.
In addition to appearing in such shows as UPN’s “Eve” and NBC’s “Las Vegas,” Montoya appeared in the 2009 NBC mini-series “The Storm” along with “GH” actress Erin Chambers (Siobhan McKenna), James Van Der Beek (“Dawson’s Creek,” “Apartment 23″), Treat Williams (“Everwood”), Marisol Nichols (“GCB: Good Christian Bitches”) and Luke Perry (“Beverly Hills, 90210″).
Montoya’s first episode is set to air on Tuesday, September 27. She began filming on Thursday, August 18.
Update 8/22/11 – 4:44 PM
Montoya’s character will be working heavily with PCPD’s finest in solving the crimes of Port Charles.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Monday, September 5, 2011 will mark the final Labor Day repeat airing of ABC’s canceled daytime dramas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live,” and likely the second to last time “General Hospital” will air one during its current 3:00 PM ET/2:00 PM PT timeslot as Katie Couric takes over “GH’s” slot beginning in September 2012.
Since debuting re-runs several years ago, the network has been able to utilize the “AMC,” “GH” and “OLTL” repeats to help define important moments in each soaps current storylines. For “All My Children” in particular, the episode set to air is expected to set the course towards the soaps ABC series finale on Friday, September 23. Only “One Life to Live” will air an episode older than a few weeks as both “General Hospital” and “AMC” will air episodes that aired two weeks ago.
“All My Children” and “One Life to Live” will debut online in January 2012 on the as-yet-to-be named entertainment hub by production company Prospect Park.
What follows are the final labor day re-runs scheduled to air on ABC on Monday, September 5, 2011:
All My Children (Episode # 10,678; OAD: 8/5/11)
Bianca and Kendall are surprised to find an unharmed Erica on their doorstep. Appears Erica and Janet were not the only ones to escape and Janet brings in Marian and Dixie. Dixie runs out when she hears sirens but no one is able to catch her and Erica hopes she finds Tad and JR on her own. Emma tells Ryan about the fire and asks if Annie is alright. Both are surprised to see Annie at the door and Ryan makes it clear he won’t allow her to hide out there, but she just wants to see Emma. Thorsten Kaye returns as Zach Slater.
Special Note: This episode features Leo’s (Josh Duhamel) return plus the fire at Oak Haven which brings all the crazies into town. Tad talks to Kathy and then Dixie, Griffin pressures David regarding Orpheus info and Zach appears at the end.
General Hospital (Episode # 12,364; OAD: 8/8/11)
Liz wakes up from the car accident and discovers Siobhan unconscious. She finds Jason unresponsive in the other car and Carly injured. Meanwhile Sam starts to get excited about her wedding date! Sam gets a call from Monica. Shawn and Jax, with Josslyn in his arms, face off, but Shawn suffers a PTSD attack. Jackal, P.I., takes interest in Lulu, to Maxie’s chagrin. Robin’s regime as Chief of Staff continues to wreak havoc for Patrick, Matt and Steve. Later, Patrick and Robin get romantic but are interrupted when Patrick is called back to the hospital for an emergency.
One Life to Live (Episode # 10,903; OAD: 4/6/11)
Natalie visits with Clint and admits she’s not over John. Blair and Starr take Jack home and make him take the Shane video off his computer. Blair admits to Starr that she hit Jack. In the aftermath of Shane’s suicide attempt, Rex and Gigi argue over what’s the right thing to do, but ultimately decide to take him to the hospital. Viki visits Todd, but instead finds Téa. Viki tells Téa that she found Charlie in bed with Echo. Téa realizes that Viki is going to give Echo a piece of her mind. Destiny tells Shaun about Shane, says she’s going to tell Matthew what happened. Shaun and Téa bond over Destiny and Danielle.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” continues to make changes on the writing staff.
Script writer Mary Sue Price, who began writing for “GH” in 1999, is leaving the show. Joining “GH” is former “All My Children” script writer Kate Hall. Hall wrote scripts for “AMC” from 2007-2011. She is the daughter of soap writer Courtney Simon and Peter Simon (ex-Ed Bauer, “Guiding Light”).
Script writer Aida Croal, who’s been with “One Life To Live” since 2006, has left the show. She joins the writing staff of “Sanctuary” which airs on Syfy.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Teasers for the Week of August 22, 2011.
ALL MY CHILDREN: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #10690): Tad reminds J.R. that his son still looks up to him. Cara pushes David away. Zach has a big announcement to make. (Rated: TVPG D)
- Tuesday (Episode #10691): Krystal reveals that David hinted that Babe may really be alive. Kendall doesn’t want to see Kendall’s marriage destroyed. Zach has to prove himself to David. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #10692): Dixie struggles to remember what happened to her. Griffin promises to testify against David in court. Erica wonders who else David saved. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Thursday (Episode #10693): David is confronted by Ryan. Cara wants to help Greenlee. Zach decides to open up his own clinic. (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10694): Erica recalls happier times with Mike Roy. Brot pops the question to Natalia. Zach goes after Griffin. (Rated: TVPG)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Teasers for the Week of August 22, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #10944): Dorian’s gun turns up missing. Starr and Dani argue over their father and his brother. Rex is shocked to run in to Kim. (Rated: TVPG L, S, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #10945): Bo visits Asa’s grave. Clint risks going to jail by making a risky move. Joey and Kelly prepare to leave for London. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #10946): Brody puts the screws to Victor. Kim and Clint have an encounter. Joey thinks Viki and Clint will reunite. (Rated: TVPG)
- Thursday (Episode #10947): Dorian is about to leave town. David says farewell to his family. Rex makes an interesting discovery. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Friday (Episode #10948): Rex is armed. More than one Llanview resident promises to settle the score with Victor. Shane asks Brody for his help. (Rated: TVPG L)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Teasers for the Week of August 22, 2011.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #12374): Anthony attacks someone at the hospital. Skye is protecting someone. Carly and Sonny go head-to-head. (Rated: TVPG L, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #12375): Will Lucky get a message from Siobhan? Sonny takes to the hospital chapel. Maxie tries to help Spinelli regain his memory. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Wednesday (Episode #12376): Johnny overhears a conversation between Anthony and Skye. Dante walks in on Sonny and Carly fighting. Sonny and Abby don’t get along. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Thursday (Episode #12377): Matt makes a discovery. Maxie attempts to reassure Alexis. One couple’s relationship bites the dust. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Friday (Episode #12378): Michael agrees with Sonny. Patrick and Matt bicker. Sam makes an important decision. (Rated: TV14)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of August 22, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Sam decides to stay put and is offered Victoria’s apartment above the garage on, Monday, August, 22. On the same day, Ronan and Heather see one another. Paul has a few questions for Deacon, Tuesday, August 23. Evidence continues to build up around Adam. Thursday, August 25, Jack continues to pine over Genevieve and on Friday, August 26, Jill sees Genevieve and Jack together.
The Inside Story: Tucker and Katherine Battle for Jabot
Tucker nervously gets ready for the competency hearing. Tucker is more than determined to keep Katherine from getting control over Jabot, while Katherine plans on using whatever tactics she can to push Tucker out. After everything has been put out on the table, the judge is set to rule in Tucker’s favor to keep control over Jabot, but Katherine blocks the decision when she pulls out the bill of sale. Tucker is furious and points out that Katherine is doing this just to stay in power. With the evidence presented to him, the judge begins to reviews the documentation. With Tucker’s back against the wall, he has two options: tell the judge that Katherine tricked him or back out and have the company placed in her hands. Tucker, refusing the lose the company, tells the judge that Katherine played him. The judge decides to hold off on making a decision right away, which in turn puts Jabot’s fate in uncertainty.
A Closer Look: Adam’s Actions Continue to Plague Sharon
After learning that Adam destroyed the memory card that contained evidence to clear Sharon, Noah confronts him, demanding answers. After going at it with one another about abandoning Sharon when she needed help the most, Adam takes a pot shot and tells Noah that if anyone abandoned Sharon, it was him, pointing out that he has barely gone to see Sharon since being sentenced. Meanwhile, Avery tells Sharon that while she hasn’t found anything yet to help clear her name, she’s still doing some investigating. Later on, Adam goes to the jail to pay Sharon a visit. Sharon continues to plead her case with him where Sam is concerned. She stresses that there is nothing between her and Sam. When Sam show up, also to see Sharon, Adam calls Sharon a liar.
What To Watch
- Avery has a surprising connection to Phyllis
- A pair of missing shoes are searched for at the ranch
- Ashley and Nick have a confession to make
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Peter Porte has been cast as Paul and Isabella’s son, Ricky Williams. Porte’s first air date is Tuesday, September 13
- Genie Francis has another project in the works and will briefly depart the show but will return
- Debbi Morgan is joining the cast of the show. Her slated air date is to be sometime in September
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF AUGUST 29, 2011
- Genevieve and Jill compete for a place in Jabot
- Chloe and Ronan’s relationship takes another turn
- Cane debates if he should leave Genoa City for good
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Genevieve will head out of town for a little while
- A woman of mystery has interesting connections to Katherine, Neil and Sofia
- While Lily tries her best to cut Cane out of her life, it’s obvious that love is still there for the two of them
- Reconciliation could be thwart by new issues for Victoria and Billy
- By Thanksgiving, several romances may come back into bloom
- Adam continues to be a problem for Sharon
- Paul’s son, Ricky Williams heads for Genoa City
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Bold and the Beautiful” during the week of August 22, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
Hope seeks advice from her mother about intimacy. Steffy wastes no time trying to get her hooks in Liam again. Dayzee and Marcus get closer. Amber tells Dayzee to back off so that she and Marcus can build a family with their child. Madison and her friend give a broken-hearted Oliver some attention at the Bikini Bar.
- Monday, August 22 – Without giving an answer, Hope runs away from Liam after he proposes; Marcus and Thorne hold a press conference with the media.
- Tuesday, August 23 – Ridge grills Liam about his feelings for Hope and Steffy; Marcus and Dayzee solidify their relationship.
- Wednesday, August 24 – Oliver and Steffy bond over their failed relationships; Hope makes a difficult request of Liam in the middle of an intimate moment.
- Thursday, August 25 – Steffy blames Brooke for being the catalyst of all her problems; Hope talks to Liam about her mother and how her decisions affected her life.
- Friday, August 26 – Believing that fate has taken its course, Steffy tricks Liam into saying what he shouldn’t; Brooke realizes her advice backfired.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — You’ve likely heard of the big September returns like Erin Torpey, Andrea Evans and John Loprieno, but they aren’t the only familiar faces coming back to “One Life to Live” in the coming weeks. A few other minor, but noteworthy characters will also be making appearances as summer turns into fall.
Radio personality Carolina Bermudez turns up again as Llanview’s investigative reporter Blanca Morales on Thursday, September 1, when she looks for a scoop from a Llanview resident regarding a crime.
With the “Tale of Two Todd’s” storyline reaching a thrilling climax soon, you might have thought you saw the the last of Irene Manning (Barbara Rhoades), but you’d be wrong. Look for the mother with a warped sense of reality to try to make a deal with one of her sons on Monday, August 29. Rhoades made her “One Life” debut in the role on Tuesday, August 9.
The Buchanan/Evans drama continues into the month of September as Phylicia Evans (Tonye Patano) and Nora Buchanan (Hillary B. Smith) remain at odds.
Patrick Allen Cole taped scenes for his next appearance as Jeff (also know known as Adam), the Rodi’s bartender and manager on August 2, which will air sometime in September.
Brittany Angley will play a waitress on Thursday and Friday, September 1 and 2.
“One Life to Live” has released a new audition script for the role of “Reny,” which appears to be a minor part.
Alicia Henry played Colleen, the stripper who hit on Rex (John-Paul Lavoisier) on Friday, August 19.
Did the woman in scenes with David (Tuc Watkins) playing his agent Bev Altman look familiar? That was actress Brooke Dillman (sporting a blonde wig), who is a childhood friend of Watkins and has appeared with him on HBO’s “Six Feet Under” and the 2009 online “Funny or Die” video “The Sentimentalist.” Dillman’s other credits include “Nip/Tuck, “The Office,” “Blue Collar TV,” “The Bill Engvall Show,” and “Good Luck Charlie,” as well as the film “Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.”
Robin Strasser (Dorian) had a little medical crisis earlier this week. On August 15, the actress tweeted that she had been “Hospitalized Monday-blood infection-I can’t spell e coli, how’d I get it? I’m home, gonna rest and be grateful. Sorry for disappearing.”
She may have already left the show, but Nafessa Williams (ex-Deanna) posted this picture of herself and how excited she was the day she landed her “OLTL” role.
It has been rumored that an update to the opening is in the works and that a few actors, including Andrew Trischitta (Jack) and Ted King (Tomas) have taped new shots for it.
In case you missed it, get ready for some more Starr (Kristen Alderson) in the coming weeks. On August 1, Alderson tweeted that “Why does Starr have to be a medical wiz all of a sudden? lol I’ve had so many tough lines to say lately!!” She later added that “I have a late call into work tomorrow.. Can you say SLEEPING IN!? I can. Haha,” and “Seriously Starr…quit saying words like this,” along with this close-up of a big medical term from her script. Later she said “Successful day at work! yay! I had lots of lines but it all went very well. Lots of Starr stuff coming up for ya ; ). Lovely day in Llanview.” She also thanked fans for liking her scenes with Roger Howarth (Todd), tweeting “Thanks for all of the positive feedback on my scenes with Roger that aired today. They were surreal to film.”
“OLTL” Music Director Paul S. Glass tweeted this picture of Alderson in the studio recently recording a single with co-star Barret Helms (Baz). And check out this funny one of her dog Pooka at the recording session.
And Kassie DePaiva (Blair) commented earlier this month that “I’m glad so many of you caught today’s show!!! Awesome huh? I loved it too… It’s great to have Roger back. We watched in the makeup room.”