via Press Release
TWO’S COMPANY, BUT THREE’S A CROWD WHEN ONE’S A KILLER ON INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY’S NEW SERIES DEADLY AFFAIRS
– Hosted by Emmy Award-Winning Actress and Queen of Daytime Soap Susan Lucci –
(Beverly Hills, CA) – From love triangles that implode to office romances exposed, stories of passionate love affairs turned crimes of passion aren’t just happening on daytime television. They happen in real life and, sometimes, are even stranger than fiction. No stranger to steamy scandals and deadly dalliances, Emmy Award-winning actress and queen of daytime soap Susan Lucci hosts DEADLY AFFAIRS, premiering Saturday, September 8 at 10 PM E/T on Investigation Discovery. Ahead of the premiere, fans that miss seeing the much-adored Lucci in her former “All My Children” timeslot can catch her in a 10-minute first look at DEADLY AFFAIRS, during ID’s recently announced daytime block, DAYS OF OUR KNIVES, on Monday, September 3 at 1 PM E/P. The new block of themed programming will air weekdays from 1-3 PM with introductions by beloved soap stars of past and present.
“Investigation Discovery’s explosive ratings growth reflects the fact that it has found the perfect recipe for expert storytelling and packaging of these real-life soap operas that leave our fans wanting more,” said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager of Investigation Discovery. “The addition, today, of the incomparable Susan Lucci, who will now lend a voice to these tales of twisted love triangles, further underscores our efforts to make ID the leading destination for compelling stories of crimes of passion.”
DEADLY AFFAIRS tells real-life tales of love gone terribly wrong – from wandering eyes at the workplace leading to adulterous romps in the supply closet to bible-study couples tempted by lust to commit the ultimate sin – proving affairs can be murder on the heart. Episodes contain two stories, each interlaced with expert commentary from local authorities and true-crime experts, as well as first-person accounts from friends and family of the victims.
The first four episodes of DEADLY AFFAIRS are:
In Too Deep Premieres Saturday, September 8 at 10 PM E/P
- From the outside, Michael and Jan Roseboro seem to have it all, but of course things aren’t always as they seem. When Michael meets Angie, a summertime fling quickly turns into a passionate romance. The affair becomes too hot to handle and, in the end, deadly. Location: Lancaster, PA
- Melinda and David Harmon meet at church camp and are models of marital devotion. They hurry to start their lives together. Popular and fully immersed in church life, Melinda catches the eye of Mark Mangelsdorf, an impressive young senior at the local college. It isn’t long before tongues begin to wag and sparks begin to fly. Soon, the fires of passion are ignited, but who will get burned? Location: Olathe, KS
Fatal Finale Premieres Saturday, September 15 at 10 PM E/P
- Kristin Rossum is young, beautiful, and intelligent, but her girl-next-door exterior masks a dark side that includes a penchant for drugs. Her husband, Greg de Villers, is her Prince Charming but feels betrayed when he discovers she’s been having an affair with her hot new boss. Now that Kristin’s secret is out, who kills who? Location: San Diego
- Widowed and nearing the age of 50, schoolteacher Nelda Mason never expects to fall in love again. But everything changes when Charles Chumbler, a new substitute, arrives. It looks like they’ll live happily ever after, until a mysterious young man named Michael Kariakis shows up on their doorstep, claiming to be an illegitimate son. The marriage quickly spirals out of control, leading to a stunning, fatal climax in a remote Kentucky pasture. Location: Tampa, FL
Battle of the Sexes Premieres Saturday, September 22 at 10 PM E/P
- Carolyn and Ken Stahl are the quintessential power couple, but behind their professional exterior is a fast-fading romance. A successful wife isn’t enough to keep Ken from making the rounds with young hospital receptionist Adriana. When the cheating couple makes little attempt to conceal their affair, fate prescribes not one but two murders. Location: Huntington Beach, CA
- After her three sons leave the nest, widowed teacher Janine Sutphen packs up to start a new chapter in a new town. It’s clear from the moment she meets Rob Petrick that they share the same zest for life, but like most good fish in the sea, this one comes with a catch. Two years into their marriage, Rob reconnects with an old high school fling and soon, they are absorbed in a passionate, long-distance engagement. But the title of “Mrs. Petrick” is already taken. Someone has to go. Who will it be? Location: Durham, NC
Lust for the Job Premieres Saturday, September 29 at 10 PM E/P
- Bill and Melanie McGuire are picture perfect with successful careers and a growing family. But when a hot and steamy workplace affair begins, their once idyllic marriage crashes down around them, ending with one saw, two bullets, and three suitcases. Location: Warren County, NJ
- Robert Temple and Rosemary Christensen were both working toward a new life together, but while one is climbing their way up the corporate ladder, the other is climbing onto someone else. The flame Robert and Rosemary once shared is now raging out of control. Location: Clearwater, FL
DEADLY AFFAIRS is produced for Investigation Discovery by Sirens Media. For Sirens Media, Valerie Haselton Drescher, Rebecca Toth Diefenbach, and Chris Nusbaum are executive producers. For Investigation Discovery, Pamela Deutsch is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, and Henry Schleiff is president and general manager.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID), America’s leading investigation network and the fastest-growing network in television, is the source for fact-based investigative content about culture, history and the human condition. Providing the highest quality investigative programming focused on fascinating stories of human nature from the past to the present to nearly 79 million U.S. households, Investigation Discovery’s in-depth documentaries and series challenge viewers on important issues shaping our culture and defining our world. For more information, please visit investigationdiscovery.com