(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A quick peek into what’s happening in Llanview this November.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: NOVEMBER PREVIEW
Tina crashes Natalie and Brody’s wedding with shocking news. However it’s only the beginning of Natalie’s worries regarding her baby and the men in her life.
Will a newly re-elected Mayor Finn make good on her promise to relieve Bo of his duties with the LPD?
In South America, Cutter encounters a familiar face in Alex Olanov. But will the unlikely pair team up to get what they want?
A death alters the future of one Llanview family forever.
Rick finally goes too far when his actions spell disaster for a member of Starr’s family.
The Thanksgiving holiday becomes a time of mending fences and togetherness for the residents of Llanview.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A quick peek into what’s happening in Port Charles this November.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: NOVEMBER PREVIEW
Sonny decides to close a certain chapter of his life.
Maxie finds a way to inch closer to the object of her affection.
The investigation into Lisa’s murder takes an emotional toll.
Lucky turns to Luke in his time of need. Will Luke be able to redeem himself?
Johnny sets off sparks with someone unexpected.
As Franco’s presence continues to threaten Port Charles, the object of the madman’s twisted obsession reaches their breaking point at a special event.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — It was March of this year that word broke out that “Days of our Lives” was planning to have a major character come out of the closet. Almost immediately after the news broke out reports were flying that Will Horton, portrayed by Chandler Massey, would be the one to come out. Eight months since the news first leaked, the NBC Daytime soap has finally revealed that Will will in fact come to the realization that he is gay, but what does Massey think about portraying such a character and how has he managed to keep it such a secret for so long?
“I’m thrilled and honored,” said an energetic Massey on getting the chance to tackle such a topical issue as a teen coming out. “I was told about it in February and now I’m officially allowed to talk about it. I’m thrilled on two levels. It’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of a storyline that is so relevant like this storyline, which is underrepresented in daytime and I think in TV in general. It is a story that needs to be told. It is very powerful and I’m super honored to be a part of that,” the actor stated. “On a personal level it creates a creative challenge. As an actor, I couldn’t be happier with the stuff that I’ve been given and the writing for me just because I get to stretch. I get to grow. I get to really sink my teeth into something.”
In recent months, some of the most shocking headlines in newspapers and television news programming have surrounded teenagers committing suicide because they could no longer handle the pressure and taunting from peers who had constantly teased them and in some cases threatened their lives all because they happened to be different. With soap operas always known as being the most current form of scripted programming when it comes to social issues would it be too much of a stretch to expect “Days of our Lives” to deal with the the issue head on? “It is such a real and tragic issue in the world today. Personally, I would love for them to address that. The wonderful thing about today is there are so many programs like the Trevor Project and It Get’s Better, NOH8…all those programs that are reaching out to those kids who aren’t comfortable with who they are or maybe they are and other people aren’t comfortable or are imposing their hate on them. I think it is terrible. Life is too short for that kind of nonsense,” said Massey. “I personally would love it if they go in that direction. It’s so powerful and such a real problem today that if ‘DAYS’ can do that and do it really well and powerfully it could help people. In the end that’s what we want to do. We want to move people.”
On the web:
On Monday afternoon, TV Guide Magazine revealed news that “General Hospital” actor Jonathan Jackson has decided to exit the role of Lucky Spencer on the ABC daytime drama. Sources indicate to the magazine that Jackson was denied a lighter schedule following two years of non-stop drama for his beleaguered character and that ultimately played into his decision to get out of Port Charles. Jackson was also apparently disappointed that his character never got the opportunity to properly reunite with his former love interest Elizabeth Webber played by Rebecca Herbst. The four-time Daytime Emmy Award winner will last tape on November 17.
Jackson debuted on “GH” as the first-born child of daytime’s most famous couple, Luke and Laura played by Anthony Geary and Genie Francis, on October 29, 1993 at the tender age of eleven. In 1999, while still filming “GH,” Jackson landed a starring role opposite Michelle Pfeiffer in the film “Deep End of the Ocean.” Jackson excited his role on the popular ABC daytime drama later that year. Other notable film endeavors for the talented actor included starring roles on “Tuck Everlasting” and “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.” Jackson returned to “GH” in October 2009, controversially replacing Greg Vaughan who played the role from 2003 to 2009. When not acting, the 29-year old actor performs with the band Enation. Their music has been featured on the television series “One Tree Hill.”
Jackson’s last scenes on “GH” will likely air before the close of 2011. TV Guide reports that the actor has already taped his last scenes with his on-screen father. Jackson may see this move as not postponing the inevitable. ABC affiliates are currently lining up new programming to take over the 48-year old soap operas long-standing 3 o’clock time slot across the country for the 2012-2013 season.
Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes are two of the longest running current cast members left on NBC’s “Days of our Lives,” but you wouldn’t know it because they are barely on! Thankfully the network hosts its annual “A Day of Days” fan event where fans far and wide can come and meet their favorite stars and catch the rarest of glimpses of those not seen enough on screen at Universal Studios CityWalk in Hollywood, California. Considered one of “DAYS’” premiere couples with their portrayal of Doug and Julie Williams on the drama series, Seaforth Hayes and her husband sat down with Soap Opera Network to discuss fans, what has kept the show going for all these years and where they see things headed in the future and even a whopper surrounding the Horton clan’s near demise from the canvas.
“The amount of time we have with the fans is kind of limited because it’s a line for the autographs. The Q&A out in the open there at the end of the day is always hysterical. People saying ‘take your shirt off’ and the guys taking their shirts off, so everybody is happy but it’s not a profoundly intimate experience for the actors with the fans,” said Seaforth Hayes of the “Day of Days” festivities. “Oh, I think it is wonderful that we get to see the people that are that devoted that they will give up a Saturday morning or Saturday afternoon and come [here] to see us and talk to us and be with us. I think that is wonderful. Soap audiences are just different from any other audience. They are very involved, they are loyal and they are devoted. They just want to talk and it’s wonderful,” countered Hayes.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Teasers for the Week of November 7, 2011.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #12428): Jason receives a wedding gift from Franco. Kate and Carly are at each other’s throats. Lucky feels a presence at the church. (Rated: TVPG)
- Tuesday (Episode #12429): Steven discovers Olivia bought something important. Sonny and Kate share a slow dance. Dante and Lulu go home. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #12430): Robin finds Patrick returning home late from the hospital. Johnny helps out Kate. Sonny pays Olivia a visit. (Rated: TVPG)
- Thursday (Episode #12431): Jason and Sam are on the lookout for Franco. A new doctor arrives in Port Charles. Mac makes a very important announcement. (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #12432): Carly gets to know Shawn a little better. Elizabeth receives an unexpected visitor. Sam becomes upset. (Rated: TVP)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Teasers for the Week of November 7, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #10998): Natalie and Jessica’s gets even worse. Tomas questions Todd about Victor’s murder. Blair makes an interesting discovery. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Tuesday (Episode #10999): Clint hates that he is unable to walk Natalie down the aisle. Téa gives Todd some important news. Viki asks Téa to do something to help Clint. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #11000): Armed with a gun, Todd eavesdrops on Blair and Tomas’ romantic evening. A fire breaks out at The Sun. Clint and Viki nearly kiss. (Rated: TVPG)
- Thursday (Episode #11001): Rick has other ideas for Starr’s music video, much to the teens dismay. Todd watches as Blair and Tomas head upstairs to make love. Todd has a another visit from Irene. (Rated: TVPG S)
- Friday (Episode #11002): Bo and Nora share a dance before the wedding begins. Vivian takes Shaun by surprise with her stance on marriage. Viki receives an urgent letter from Dorian. (Rated: TVPG)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Monday, November 7, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Todd presses Louie to turn over the gun. Tomas arrives to discuss Victor’s murder with Todd. Tomas pumps Todd for his thoughts on Victor’s murder. At EOD Todd is in possession of the gun and believes he’s in the clear.
Téa discovers the results of her pregnancy test just as she receives a visit from Blair and Sam. Blair and Téa discuss Tomas’s inquiry into Victor’s murder. Blair is horrified when Sam lucks upon the pregnancy test. Téa reveal the results of her pregnancy test to Blair.
Bo requires John’s help to crack the Victor Lord murder; without a break, Bo will get the axe from Mayor Finn. John stuns Bo with news about his future. Together they decide that Todd remains their most likely suspect and determine that if they can locate Louie, they’ll locate the gun, which give them their killer.
Natalie makes an effort to rebuild her relationship with her sister by requesting Jessica’s presence at the wedding. Jessica can’t answer Natalie’s question until she first delivers some important information. Natalie accuses Jessica of trying to sabotage her relationship with Brody.
Jack spirits Neela away before Vimal and Rama pounce.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- Blair finds Tomas at Todd’s office.
- Jack plots his revenge against Todd.
- Viki asks Téa to help Clint.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Episode Recap – Monday, November 7, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Jason receives Franco’s wedding gift.
Carly milks a moment with Johnny for everything its got, spoiling Sonny for a fight. Shawn steps in to referee just as Kate and Carly go for each other’s jugular.
Matt takes care of Elizabeth – how will Maxie react when she discovers the two together?
Lucky visits the church and feels a presence, and we see someone is watching over him.
Spinelli finds his new expertise: online sports betting.
On the Next General Hospital…
- Steven discovers Olivia has bought something important.
- Sonny and Kate slow dance.
- Dante and Lulu return home.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of November 7, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Genevieve decides to bring a veiled Myrna/Patty home, where she reacts to Jack’s presence on Monday, November 7. Victoria purposely argues with Adam and reports it to Victor. Angelina is determined to make Kevin her very own. Kevin does a little hack job into Victor’s computer. Cane’s behavior once again has Lily running to Jill for answers. Things between Paul and Ricky become sour when Heather comes into play. Friday, November 11 Chance has a new assignment out of Genoa City.
The Inside Story: Phyllis Learns Nick Bedded Avery
Nick and Avery bask with one another after their sexual encounter. When Nick leaves to wash up his cell phone begins to ring. Avery purposely answers it to piss off Phyllis. She coyly tells her to come see her at her suite. Phyllis heads up and discovers Nick there with her and puts two and two together. Nick is stunned to see her on the other side of the door. After Avery leaves the room, Phyllis lashes out at Nick for bed-hopping with her sister. She spits out that Ronan has more evidence against him where Diane is concerned and storms out. Phyllis soon confronts Avery, who gloats that she has decided not to leave Genoa City after all. Their arguing soon turns into a family matter in regards to the crimes of their father George. Avery believes he is innocent while Phyllis points out that he wasn’t as innocent as she wants to believe. Phyllis reveals that it was part of the family rift between them.
A Closer Look: Christine’s Return to Genoa City Stirs up History
Christine Williams heads back to Genoa City to take care of business she has. While there she has a run in with Ricky. The encounter sparks memories for Christine and her relationship with Paul, and that of her dealing with Isabella. It is the same for Paul, who also remembers his relationship with his evil ex-wife. Through flashbacks of times with Isabella, Paul and Christine begin to wonder if Ricky could have the same personality as his mother. Paul soon becomes highly suspicious of Ricky in the process.
What To Watch
- Monday Adam and Victor talk business regarding his position at Newman Enterprises
- Tuesday Michael tells Phyllis that Avery is suing her on behalf of Daisy
- Wednesday Family secrets come to light for Daniel.
- Thursday Neil doesn’t like the extreme closeness between Tucker and Sofia.
- Friday Chloe is told more regarding Delia’s sickness
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Melissa Claire Egan from All My Children has a contract role as Chelsea, beginning Friday, November 11
- Lauralee Bell will be returning at Christine Blair on Wednesday, November 9
- After many months of speculating whether she’d return or not, word is that Melody Thomas Scott will be coming back as Nikki Newman. Word is her first air date is slated for November.
- Sean Kanan will be heading back in the role of Deacon Sharpe
- Yvonne Zima returns as Daisy Carter on Monday, November 7 and Tuesday, November 8
- Jerry Douglas returns as the ghost of John Abbott on Tuesday, December 13/li>
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Tragedy comes to the town of Genoa City in the form of Patty
- Nikki returns back to Genoa City and is thrown right in the middle of the Diane Jenkins murder
- The Newman men come back into Sharon’s life one way or another now that she is free
- Adam and Sharon both have a hard time with their feelings for one another
- It’s shaky ground for Sharon when it comes to a relationship with Nick and Faith
- A mysterious woman by the name of Chelsea could draw Billy’s secret in Burmese out into the open
- Cane and Billy find common ground when Cane gives his support and understanding
- Giving a helping hand could place Cane in harm’s way
- Avery’s growing feeling for Nick has him also interested in her
- Avery refuses to give up on having a relationship with Phyllis
- Christine returns home not only to help in the Colin arrest, but also to find herself rehashing painful times with Paul regarding Isabella