(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of October 3, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Avery pushes Phyllis to bring Lucy to visit Daisy. Daniel’s words become Avery’s ammunition against his mother. Victoria feels it’s time to move on with her life.
The Inside Story: Katherine’s Health Turns Everything on Its Head
The arbitration takes a turn for the worse for Katherine, when Jack testifies on Tucker’s behalf. The judge rules that Jabot will go back to Tucker. After the dust settles, Katherine blasts Jack for betraying her. Her words play on Jack’s guilt. Without warning, Neil catches Katherine as she collapses. She is rushed to the hospital, where word gets back to those in Genoa City, that Katherine has had a stroke. When Tucker tries to go to see Katherine, an angry Neil and Devon prevent him. Tucker does his best to tell her that what he did was merely business. Jill. Meanwhile comes to the hospital to be by Kay’s side. Katherine’s lawyer, Mitchell Sherman arrives, while those around her discuss what Katherine’s views on life support were. Seemingly alone, Jill takes Mitchell aside and questions him regarding Devon’s being in the will. Tucker overhears their conversation and begins to question Jill. She tries to avoid him but he soon figures it out. Tucker heads home, where he calls Sofia. She tells him to tread carefully when it comes to Devon. Sofia’s word make Tucker realize that he doesn’t want history to repeat itself. Meanwhile, as Tucker tries to figure out how Katherine located his son, Devon is blown away by who is biological father is. Meanwhile, Devon’s mother, Yolanda sees his name in the news.
A Closer Look: Billy is Spotted by Cane
When Billy hears the news about Katherine, he leaves the trailer to go to the hospital. He sneaks in and sits beside a comatose Katherine, sharing what has been going on. Cane, meanwhile, is also on his way to the hospital and spots Billy slipping out of her hospital room. Later on, Cane heads to Billy’s trailer, pounding on the door until Billy has no choice but to let him in. Once inside, Cane rip into Billy for not being there when Delia needed him. Billy’s poor attempt at explaining himself clues Cane in to the truth: Billy is the true donor. Billy places Cane is a bad situation when he asks him to keep quiet.
What To Watch
- Brock comes to be by Katherine’s side
- Abby’s world comes crashing down as the truth comes out
- Tucker could be Abby’s savior or her worst nightmare
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- William Wintersole plays Katherine’s attorney, Mitchell Sherman on Monday, October 3, Tuesday, October 4 and Wednesday, October 5
- Marcus Giamatti plays Dr. Felix on Tuesday, October 4 and Thursday, October 6
- After many months of speculating whether she’d return or not, word is that Melody Thomas Scott will be coming back as Nikki Newman. Word is her first air date is slated for November.
- Beau Kazer returns as Brock Reynolds on Friday, October 7
- Debbi Morgan is joining the cast of the show. Her slated air date is Friday, October 7
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Faces from the past come back to Genoa City
- Victor continues to be a burden to Billy when he demands he agree to stay away from Victoria
- Cane continues to work hard at bringing Colin down for all of his crimes
- More insight on the history about the Atkinson family sheds light on the decisions Cane has made
- A reconciliation with Lily could be for nothing when Cane’s choices places someone in harm’s way
- Daisy torments Phyllis from behind bars
- While Lily tries her best to cut Cane out of her life, it’s obvious that love is still there for the two of them
- Reconciliation could be thwart by new issues for Victoria and Billy
- By Thanksgiving, several romances may come back into bloom