(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” fans have reason to celebrate today as a handful of the show’s current cast members, including six-time Daytime Emmy winner Erika Slezak (Viki) have already agreed to make the transition with the show from ABC to online-only distribution with Prospect Park. According to Deadline Hollywood the company, which leased the rights to “OLTL” and sister soap “All My Children” in July, Slezak, along with Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Michael Easton (John), and Ted King (Tomas) will all be remaining with the show after it airs its final ABC episode early next year.
“One Life’s” longest-running cast member, Erika Slezak has been with the soap since 1971. Kassie DePaiva first appeared on the show in 1993. Michael Easton made his “OLTL” debut in 2003, and Ted King joined the show back in February of this year.
According to a statement from Prospect Park, “Pending a final agreement with AFTRA, Prospect Park has confirmed that ‘One Life to Live’ cast members Ted King (Tomas Delgado), Michael Easton (John McBain), Kassie DePaiva (Blair Cramer) and star of stars Erika Slezak who plays Lord family matriarch Victoria Lord, have agreed to deals to join the company’s new production of ‘One Life to Live.’ This marks the first confirmation of cast members since Prospect Park began planning for the soap production to live on the new online network beyond its finale January televised date on ABC.”
Furthermore, Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports that “I hear that Prospect Park may reevaluate its short-term strategy for the two soaps and put its muscle behind the higher-rated ‘OLTL,’ while moving ‘AMC’ to the back burner.”
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Teasers for the Week of September 5, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TEASERS
- Monday (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11) (Episode #10903): Gigi and Rex try to talk Shane out of committing suicide. Matthew admits to his parents that he shot Eddie Ford. Viki talks to Téa about Echo and Charlie’s affair. (Rated: TVPG D, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #10954): John demands answers from Todd. Cutter has a shocking visitor from his past. Aubrey asks Rama what she knows about Kim. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Wednesday (Episode #10955): Echo is concerned her son may be a murderer. Jessica and Crisitan come together in a kiss. Cutter’s past comes to light. (Rated: TVPG L, V)
- Thursday (Episode #10956): Natalie learns that Brody threatened Victor before he was shot. Erin Torpey returns to change Cristian’s life. Ford daydreams about Tess (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10957): Clint agrees to help Kim with her problems. Shaun has some key evidence for John. Roxy has to sell her wares. (Rated: TVPG V)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Teasers for the Week of September 5, 2011.
ALL MY CHILDREN: TEASERS
- Monday (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/5/11) (Episode #10678): Bianca and Kendall have some surprise visitors. Leo and Greenlee rehash their history. Greenlee finds Zach next to her. (Rated: TVPG)
- Tuesday (Episode #10700): Erica recalls her collaboration with Mike Roy on her first book. Carol Burnett returns as Verla Grubbs. Ryan thinks David is trying to seek forgiveness from those he harmed. (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #10701): Ryan and Zach are taken to the police station. David makes an admission. Opal decides to get together with an old boyfriend. (Rated: TVPG)
- Thursday (Episode #10702): J.R. may lose his home. Madison apologizes to Scott. Marissa offers to help J.R.. (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10703): Jesse urges Ryan to drop his vendetta against David. Zach threatens Ryan. Cara receives some surprising test results. (Rated: TVPG V)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Teasers for the Week of September 5, 2011.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: TEASERS
- Monday (Encore Presentation: OAD 8/8/11) (Episode #12364): Shawn works to prevent Jax from taking off with Josslyn. Jason is seriously injured in a car accident. Robin and Patrick enjoy a little romance. (Rated: TVPG L, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #12384): Jason and Sam have an important moment. Lucky is emotional. Michael goes after Anthony. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Wednesday (Episode #12385): Maxie has more bad news. Patrick has some big medical news. Michael makes a decision regarding his future. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Thursday (Episode #12386): Matt and Elizabeth go on a picnic. Carly bumps into Shawn. Michael and Abby get up close and personal. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Friday (Episode #12387): Patrick and Matt are at odds. Sonny and Carly butt heads. Kristina has a big moment. (Rated: TVPG L)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Episode Recap – Monday, September 5, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/8/11)…
The aftermath of Jason, Carly, Elizabeth & Siobhan’s car accident. Unconscious, Jason and Siobhan are rushed to the hospital along with Carly and Elizabeth. Meanwhile, Sam has set a wedding date for her marriage to Jason.
Shawn tries to prevent Jax from taking Josslyn.
Robin and Patrick get romantic.
Maxie’s jealousy peaks when Jackal, P.I. shows Lulu special attention.
On the Next General Hospital…
- A pivotal moment for Jason and Sam.
- Lucky hits an emotional wall.
- Michael takes on Anthony.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Episode Recap – Monday, September 5, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY (Encore Presentation; OAD 8/5/11)…
Bianca and Kendall are surprised to find an unharmed Erica on their doorstep. Appears Erica and Janet were not the only ones to escape and Janet brings in Marian and Dixie. Dixie runs out when she hears sirens but no one is able to catch her and Erica hopes she finds Tad and JR on her own.
Emma tells Ryan about the fire and asks if Annie is alright. Both are surprised to see Annie at their door. Ryan makes it clear he won’t allow her to hide out there, but Annie just wants to see Emma. Ryan agrees.
Leo and Greenlee talk about the past and the present. After the pair share a tender kiss, Greenlee opens her eyes still crumbled on the floor. Greenlee’s disappointment turns to shock when she realizes she’s not alone in the locked room. She finds an unconscious Zach in the gurney.
On the Next All My Children…
- Ryan thinks David is banking on people forgiving him for all he’s done by bringing back their loved ones.
- Erica remembers working with Mike Roy on her first book.
- Carol Burnet makes a guest appearance and reprises her role as Verla Grubbs.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Monday, September 5, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY (Encore Presentation; OAD 4/6/11)…
Gigi and Rex talk Shane down from the roof and Rex confronts the high school assistant principal about letting Shane be bullied in school. Starr tells Blair and Jack that everyone at school has seen the video of naked Shane.
Clint tells Natalie that he was released because someone else killed Eddie Ford. Natalie tells Clint that John is sleeping with Kelly and Matthew confesses to Bo and Nora that he killed Eddie.
Viki tells Téa that Charlie cheated on her and he is now in love with Echo.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- John questions Todd regarding his whereabouts at the time of Victor’s murder.
- Cristian and Jessica relive old times and come together in a kiss.
- Cutter’s receives a blast from the past when Kim pays him a visit.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of September 5, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Monday, September 5, the show has been pre-empted due to the US Tennis Open. Nina can’t believe that Ronan is once again falling or Chloe. Victor issues Heather a warning, even going as far as threatening to make her position very short-lived. Neil wonders why Katherine is suddenly interested in helping Devon. On Friday, September 9, the show is once again pre-empted to air the US Tennis Open.
The Inside Story: Delia’s Health Brings Genoa City to Help
Delia has been rushed to the hospital when she spikes a temperature of 105. Chloe heads that way to be with her daughter, silently kicking herself for not being there for her when she needed her. Jill questions Chloe on not answering her calls, but she keeps mum, not wanting it to be known that she was with Ronan during that time. When Ronan does eventually learn about what has happened, he heads to the hospital to lend her support. Unfortunately for him, Chloe rebuffs his support. Meanwhile, the family learns that Delia has acute myelogenous leukemia and will need a bone marrow transplant. Chloe realizes that Delia needs Billy there with her; possibly being a match for his daughter’s transplant. When Victoria learns about Delia, she and Chloe bond. She quickly does what she can to get Billy back to Genoa City. She asks Kevin to help her out by giving him Billy’s cell phone information and his laptop. Family and friends come to the aid of Delia by having their blood tested. Both Tucker and Devon are at the hospital to get blood tested. While there, Tucker learns that he’s not the only person within the group who have donated with a rare blood type as he has. With no word on being able to find Billy, Chloe lashes out that once again Billy is letting them down. Meanwhile, Billy is finding himself between a rock and a hard place.
A Closer Look: Sharon’s Case Brings Out the Strange Side in Avery
Sharon’s case is set to get underway and Victor is right there to see to it that Sharon is vindicated. While there, he gives Heather a serious warning. Heather and Avery meet for the first time in the courtroom. As the case slowly gets under way, Sharon and Nick are stunned at the dirty tactics Avery displays while in court. Sharon soon begins to wonder if Avery is the person she should be putting her trust in to clear her name. Meanwhile, Phyllis is preparing herself to tell Nick the truth about her relationship to Avery.
What To Watch
- Victor points the finger in Heather’s direction when Adam is not there to testify
- Katherine continues to hide the truth about Devon and Tucker’s relationship
- Katherine tries to get to know her grandson better
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Peter Porte has been cast as Paul and Isabella’s son, Ricky Williams. Porte’s first air date is Tuesday, September 13
- Genie Francis has another project in the works and will briefly depart the show but will return
- Meera Simhan plays Dr. Larson on Tuesday, September 6 and Wednesday, September 7
- Tim Russ plays Judge Morrison Tuesday, September 6
- Jerry Douglas will play John Abbott’s ghost Wednesday, September 28
- Debbi Morgan is joining the cast of the show. Her slated air date is Friday, October 7
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12, 2011
- Victor plays dirty to get what he wants from Billy
- Genevieve continues to be a thorn in Jill and Colin’s relationship
- Abby and Ronan team up to see if Tucker did away with Diane
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Billy comes back to Genoa City despite the threats and secrets he keeps under wraps
- Faces from the past come back to Genoa City
- Victor continues to be a burden to Billy when he demands he agree to stay away from Victoria
- Cane continues to work hard at bringing Colin down for all of his crimes
- More insight on the history about the Atkinson family sheds light on the decisions Cane has made
- A reconciliation with Lily could be for nothing when Cane’s choices places someone in harm’s way
- Adam’s betrayal of Sharon at her trial comes back to haunt him
- Nick isn’t a fan of Avery’s methods of defending Sharon
- Avery does whatever it takes in Sharon’s trial, even playing dirty
- Genevieve will head out of town for a little while
- A woman of mystery has interesting connections to Katherine, Neil and Sofia
- While Lily tries her best to cut Cane out of her life, it’s obvious that love is still there for the two of them
- Reconciliation could be thwart by new issues for Victoria and Billy
- By Thanksgiving, several romances may come back into bloom
- Adam continues to be a problem for Sharon
- Paul’s son, Ricky Williams heads for Genoa City
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of August 22-26, 2011
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.
NOTE: There were some pre-emptions on Tuesday due to the earthquake and on Friday due to Hurricane Irene.
1. Y&R 4,413,000 (-101,000/-627,000) <—– new low *
2. B&B 2,927,000 (-42,000/-179,000)
3. OLTL 2,743,000 (-61,000/+479,000)
4. AMC 2,491,000 (+3,000/+165,000)
5. GH 2,468,000 (-230,000/-48,000)
6. DAYS 2,440,000 (-56,000/-35,000)
* Previous low: 4,464,000 (February 28 – March 4, 2011)
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.1/-.3) <—– ties low
2. B&B 2.2/7 (+.1/same)
3. OLTL 1.9/6 (-.1/+.2)
4. AMC 1.8/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/same)
4. GH 1.8/5 (-.1/same)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 852,000 (-32,000/-200,000) <—– new low *
2. OLTL 712,000 (-61,000/+71,000)
3. GH 693,000 (-97,000/-154,000)
4. DAYS 633,000 (-34,000/-125,000)
5. AMC 594,000 (+16,000/+4,000)
6. B&B 565,000 (+22,000/-17,000)
* Previous low: 864,000 (February 21-25, 2011)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.3) <—– ties low (3rd straight week)
2. OLTL 1.1/7 (-.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/6 (-.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 1.0/6 (same/-.1)
5. AMC 0.9/6 (same/same)
5. B&B 0.9/5 (+.1/same)
Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. Y&R 44,000 (-20,000/+2,000)
2. OLTL 39,000 (-10,000/+11,000)
3. B&B 29,000 (-6,000/-2,000)
4. GH 28,000 (-12,000/-7,000)
5. DAYS 20,000 (+5,000/+9,000)
6. AMC 15,000 (-5,000/-3,000)
Women 18-34 Rating
1. OLTL 0.7/4 (same/+.1) *
2. AMC 0.6/4 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 0.6/4 (-.1/-.2)
2. DAYS 0.6/4 (same/-.3)
5. Y&R 0.5/4 (-.2/-.5) <—– new low **
6. B&B 0.3/2 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low
* Sole #1 for the first time this century….possible ever
** Previous low: 0.6 (August 8-12, 2011)
Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 990,000 (+7,000/-231,000)
2. B&B 642,000 (-30,000/-49,000)
3. DAYS 558,000 (+34,000/+57,000)
4. OLTL 522,000 (+54,000/+133,000)
5. AMC 478,000 (+62,000/+52,000)
6. GH 457,000 (+9,000/+32,000)
Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
For the SEASON September 20, 2010 through August 28, 2011
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.2
3. GH 2.1
4. DAYS 2.0
4. OLTL 2.0
6. AMC 1.9
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.6
2. GH 1.4
3. DAYS 1.2
4. OLTL 1.1
5. B&B 0.9
5. AMC 0.9
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Episode Recap – Friday, September 2, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Michael and Edward bond as they await news of Jason. Sam sits vigil beside Jason when Spinelli makes an emotional visit. An important moment for Jason.
Johnny puts Ethan on the job to find out more about Skye.
Spinelli is onto something at Luzetta’s.
Carly refuses to allow Sonny see Morgan and reveals she’s put him in military school, far away from his father.
On the Next General Hospital(Encore Presentation; OAD 8/8/11)…
- The aftermath of Jason, Carly, Elizabeth & Siobhan’s car accident.
- Robin and Patrick get romantic.
- Maxie’s jealousy peaks when Jackal, P.I. shows Lulu special attention.