Y&R PreVUE: Week of August 22 Edition
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “The Young and the Restless” during the week of August 22, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Sam decides to stay put and is offered Victoria’s apartment above the garage on, Monday, August, 22. On the same day, Ronan and Heather see one another. Paul has a few questions for Deacon, Tuesday, August 23. Evidence continues to build up around Adam. Thursday, August 25, Jack continues to pine over Genevieve and on Friday, August 26, Jill sees Genevieve and Jack together.
The Inside Story: Tucker and Katherine Battle for Jabot
Tucker nervously gets ready for the competency hearing. Tucker is more than determined to keep Katherine from getting control over Jabot, while Katherine plans on using whatever tactics she can to push Tucker out. After everything has been put out on the table, the judge is set to rule in Tucker’s favor to keep control over Jabot, but Katherine blocks the decision when she pulls out the bill of sale. Tucker is furious and points out that Katherine is doing this just to stay in power. With the evidence presented to him, the judge begins to reviews the documentation. With Tucker’s back against the wall, he has two options: tell the judge that Katherine tricked him or back out and have the company placed in her hands. Tucker, refusing the lose the company, tells the judge that Katherine played him. The judge decides to hold off on making a decision right away, which in turn puts Jabot’s fate in uncertainty.
A Closer Look: Adam’s Actions Continue to Plague Sharon
After learning that Adam destroyed the memory card that contained evidence to clear Sharon, Noah confronts him, demanding answers. After going at it with one another about abandoning Sharon when she needed help the most, Adam takes a pot shot and tells Noah that if anyone abandoned Sharon, it was him, pointing out that he has barely gone to see Sharon since being sentenced. Meanwhile, Avery tells Sharon that while she hasn’t found anything yet to help clear her name, she’s still doing some investigating. Later on, Adam goes to the jail to pay Sharon a visit. Sharon continues to plead her case with him where Sam is concerned. She stresses that there is nothing between her and Sam. When Sam show up, also to see Sharon, Adam calls Sharon a liar.
What To Watch
- Avery has a surprising connection to Phyllis
- A pair of missing shoes are searched for at the ranch
- Ashley and Nick have a confession to make
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Peter Porte has been cast as Paul and Isabella’s son, Ricky Williams. Porte’s first air date is Tuesday, September 13
- Genie Francis has another project in the works and will briefly depart the show but will return
- Debbi Morgan is joining the cast of the show. Her slated air date is to be sometime in September
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF AUGUST 29, 2011
- Genevieve and Jill compete for a place in Jabot
- Chloe and Ronan’s relationship takes another turn
- Cane debates if he should leave Genoa City for good
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: FALL 2011
- Genevieve will head out of town for a little while
- A woman of mystery has interesting connections to Katherine, Neil and Sofia
- While Lily tries her best to cut Cane out of her life, it’s obvious that love is still there for the two of them
- Reconciliation could be thwart by new issues for Victoria and Billy
- By Thanksgiving, several romances may come back into bloom
- Adam continues to be a problem for Sharon
- Paul’s son, Ricky Williams heads for Genoa City