(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “The Young and the Restless” Episode Recap – Thursday, August 25, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Jack wanted Noah to take up his offer to do the music for some of the Jabot cosmetics commercials that he had in mind. Noah, however, declined, obviously unsure on how his family would feel about his working with Jack and Jabot. When Noah left, Jill teased Jack a bit at being rejected. Jill received a text message from Colin. Jack pointed out to Jill that it was clear that Colin wanted to move forward, and wanted to move on with her. Jill, however, wasn’t sure but Jack pointed out that it was obvious that Colin was taking steps to end things with Genevieve to be with her.
Colin went to see Genevieve and gave her the divorce papers. He admitted that he caused her pain in their marriage and was sorry for it. When he was set to leave, Genevieve stopped him by letting him know that she confessed to Jill about their night together before he called her to call their marriage off. Colin was angry and told her he was no longer going to play into her games. After he left, Genevieve started crying.
Nick and Phyllis were at The Athletic Club together. He told her that Noah went to see Sharon. Phyllis, however, was still curious about Sharon’s new attorney. After Nick departed, Phyllis spotted Adam sitting at the bar and joined him. She started to question him on his thoughts on Sharon’s attorney. When Adam repeated her entire name, Avery Bailey Clark, he noticed that she became slightly spooked. He wanted to know why she was suddenly interested in the newcomer. Phyllis lied and said she was doing some research on a story. When Adam said he believed that Avery was way out of her league, Phyllis said she would use his statement as a quote. Adam quickly pointed out that he believed she wasn’t doing a story but wanted more on Avery. He wondered what she was to Phyllis. Phyllis attempted to cover by saying she wasn’t interested in Avery, just merely asking questions. When she headed out to her office, she promptly searched Avery Bailey Clark on her laptop and was stunned to see who it was.
Nick saw Noah at Crimson Lights and was curious how his visit with Sharon went. He admitted that things went well between them. When he shared that Sharon wanted Nick to bring Faith to see her, Nick said it wasn’t a good idea at all. Noah accused Nick of being spiteful and unwilling to forgive Sharon for her choosing Adam over him. Although Nick didn’t outright deny it, he told Noah he wanted stability for Faith and her seeing Sharon in jail would only confuse the little girl. Noah told his father that when Phyllis and Victor wronged him, he was willing to forgive and move forward; so why not for Sharon. Noah went on to hit Nick with the truth about how they were forgiving of him when he walked out on them shortly after Cassie died. Walking away from his father, Noah went to the patio area of Crimson Lights and left a message for Jack: he was going to take the Jabot job after all, regardless of what his family thought.
Avery went to see Sharon in jail, giving her the news that she got her a new trial. Sharon was speechless and appreciative. Avery said that she had a lot of work to do to prepare against D.A. Walsh, who she pointed out thought she to be unprepared. The trial would take place the following week. Avery wanted to know in detail why Sharon went to Hawaii. Sharon shared she went to Hawaii to clear Adam’s name by finding Skye. After writing down everything, Avery told Sharon to maintain her positivity because she was going forward in trying to locate Koa As they were talking, Nick arrived. Avery gathered her things and headed out, leaving them alone.
Jack went to see Genevieve. He wanted to see how she was doing, after hearing about her divorcing Colin. She figured that Jill shared the news with her. Jack wanted to be there to keep her company and cheer her up, but Genevieve said that she was more into celebrating her freedom instead. Jack said that Colin was foolish to let her out of his life. Genevieve admitted that she hadn’t made friends since being there. He offered her friendship and leaned in to kiss her. When things became heated between them, Jack wanted to go upstairs to have sex with her. Genevieve was willing but soon hesitated. She admitted that Colin was the only man that she had ever been with and she was nervous. Jack spotted the picture of Samantha on the mantle and Genevieve talked a bit about her. Jack was set to depart but Genevieve stopped him; she was ready. The two headed upstairs to have sex.
Colin arrived after calling Jill. When he arrive, he admitted to sleeping with Genevieve prior to asking her for a divorce. Jill told him that she was already aware of what happened between the two of them. She accused him of only telling her to cover himself. He apologized for his actions and told her that he still was very much in love with her. Jill, however, wasn’t interested in playing games with him. Colin once again told her that his marriage was over and that all he wanted was her.
Nick told Sharon that Noah convinced him to come see her. She was curious as to why he was there now; after all, the last time they spoke, he wished she would have stayed dead. Nick apologized for what he said to her but wanted to know why she wanted them all to believe she died. Sharon shared with her ex that she felt that everything was hopeless for her. After a few more minutes of talking, Nick suddenly stood up and walked out. He soon returned with Faith in tow. Sharon was overcome with joy at seeing her daughter.
At that Athletic Club, Avery cornered Adam, telling him to get ready; Sharon’s new trial was slated for next week. When she said that she was calling him to testify, Adam asked her why she didn’t jump at an offer to represent him. Avery pointed out she only take on those who are innocent. As Adam walked up the stairs to head to his suite, Phyllis appeared behind Avery. She wanted to know why she was in Genoa City.
On the Next The Young and the Restless…
- Nick warns Adam that he’ll expose him
- Jill blasts Jack’s choice in company
- Phyllis tells Michael her past is coming back to haunt her
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Daytime vet Kim Zimmer takes time off her book tour for her new memoir “I’m Just Sayin’: Three Deaths, Seven Husbands and a Clone! My Life as a Daytime Diva” to mention what the future holds for her on “One Life to Live.”
In a newspaper interview, which took place earlier this week Zimmer, who returned to “One Life to Live” as Echo DiSavoy last October, reveals what it is like to work on “Guiding Light” for nearly thirty years, her feelings on how the show ended, and why she feels the soap genre is dying.
With regards to “One Life,” the actress previews what lies ahead for her and her character. “I start rehearsals as Norma Desmond in [a Michigan stage production of] ‘Sunset Boulevard.’ I’ll do that for a month and then go back to New York, where I’ll hopefully continue to work on ‘One Life To Live’ for as long as they need me.”
With the show wrapping production on its ABC run in November before switching to an online distribution, Zimmer remains optimistic about the future, commenting that when “OLTL” leaves TV “Then I’m an unemployed actor again, unless something else comes along. I’ve worked a lot in my life and I don’t have any fear that I’ll never work again. I’m in a really good place right now and I’m taking it day by day.”
You can read the full article here.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” Teasers for the Week of August 29, 2011.
ALL MY CHILDREN: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #10695): J.R. intimidates Marissa. Maya opens up to Angie. Jesse prepares to make a difficult confession to Angie. (Rated: TVPG D)
- Tuesday (Episode #10696): Cara makes the decision to blow off her immigration review. Cara receives correspondence from Griffin about his returning to the Doctors Without Borders program. Will Jesse come clean to Angie about the baby? (Rated: TVPG)
- Wednesday (Episode #10697): Dixie isn’t sure if Tad has ever forgiven her. Marissa stands her ground with J.R. A very special person returns to Pine Valley. (Rated: TVPG D)
- Thursday (Episode #10698): Jackson has good news for Erica, who finds a message from her late mother. Jesse reassures Brot. (Rated: TVPG D)
- Friday (Episode #10699): Cara opens up to David. Erica is determined to figure out what Zach is hiding. Jesse is confronted by Angie. (Rated: TVPG)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “General Hospital” Teasers for the Week of August 29, 2011.
GENERAL HOSPITAL: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #12379): The women of Port Charles dream about Jason. Skye receives an unexpected visitor. Matt aides Liz in her hour of need. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Tuesday (Episode #12380): Sam prays for her upcoming wedding to Jason. Kristina takes her anger out on Sonny. Lulu overhears Dante and Lucky talking. (Rated: TVPG L, S)
- Wednesday (Episode #12381): Lulu and Lucky have a disagreement. Alexis and Carly discuss Sonny and Jax. Patrick’s ego is inflated. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Thursday (Episode #12382): Robin and Patrick butt heads. Shawn grows closer to Carly. Kristina acts strange. (Rated: TVPG L)
- Friday (Episode #12383): Jason experiences a life-altering moment. Johnny wants Ethan to find out all he can about Skye. Two big medical crises disrupt life in Port Charles. (Rated: TVPG L)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Teasers for the Week of August 29, 2011.
ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TEASERS
- Monday (Episode #10949): Blair tries to get Jack to confess his guilt to her. Téa ignores Blair’s warning and takes a phone call from her husband. Natalie and Jessica remain at each others throats. (Rated: TVPG L, V)
- Tuesday (Episode #10950): Someone is shot. Nora asks Bo if he would want to raise their grandchild. Tomas tells Téa that she and Dani need to stay away from Victor. (Rated: TVPG V)
- Wednesday (Episode #10951): Téa is floored by what she finds. Blair grows concerned when she can’t find Jack. Phylicia tells Bo and Nora that her lawyer will be in contact with them. (Rated: TVPG V)
- Thursday (Episode #10952): Several people appear guilty, but which one actually pulled the trigger? Shane and Rex seem to be keeping secrets from each other. News of the shooting spreads throughout Llanview. (Rated: TVPG)
- Friday (Episode #10953): Kim is surprised by what she finds out. Cutter sees someone from his past. Viki asks Todd a few questions. (Rated: TVPG S)
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Saundra Santiago becomes the latest “One Life to Live” seldom used recurring cast member to finally getting some much needed screen time when her onscreen persona, Carlotta Vega, interacts with a familiar face at the family diner, and a few other new and familiar faces pop up in Llanview.
On Thursday, September 8, Carlotta returns when Cristian (David Fumero) seeks a little motherly advice about his future. As we previously reported, Fumero is leaving “One Life” before the show wraps production in November. Santiago taped her scenes on July 14.
In other news, Helmar Augustus Cooper may be returning as Louie, the homeless man who pulled Todd Manning (Roger Howarth) out of the river last month. At the very least, look for the drifter and part-time police informant to be a hot topic of conversation around the LPD water cooler the week of September 5.
Patrick Allen Cole returns as Rodi’s bartender/manager Jeff (now AKA Adam) on Wednesday, September 21.
Nick Choksi (Vimal) has posted on Facebook that “On Thursday’s [September 1] episode of ‘One Life To Live,’ everything seems to be hunky dory in the Patel household, but a secret will lead to a suspicion which will lead to…inevitable mayhem. I also get to square off with the man who cuckolded me…for about a second…which is the most i can handle. ABC @ 2pm.”
Edixon Caridad appears as a Guard in several episodes in mid and later September.
Look for Victor’s secretary at the Sun to continue to appear on screen during the next few weeks.
Barret Helms (Baz) tweets to a fan that the reason he is leaving “One Life to Live” so early is a result of “Baaad timing.”
For those asking about the song playing during Viki and Dorian’s farewell montage during Thursday’s episode was “Moments” by Josh Auer. That was not the first time the song as been used by the show, however, and was heard most recently in this promo from May 12, featuring John and Natalie.
And a walk on role on “One Life to Live” was among the items auctioned off at the Miracle House 11th Annual “Cocktails By the Bay” charity event in Sag Harbor, New York earlier this month. Miracle House “provides temporary housing, meals and advocacy to caregivers and patients coming to the city for critical medical treatment,” according to its website. Click here to learn more.
Entertainment Weekly’s InsideTV posted your first look at the cast of E!’s new reality series “Dirty Soap.”
Premiering Sunday, September 25 at 10:00 PM ET on E! “Dirty Soap” follows the real lives of daytime’s hottest stars including Kelly Monaco (“General Hospital”), Nadia Bjorlin (“Days of Our Lives”), Kirsten Storms (“General Hospital”), Farah Fath (“One Life To Live”), John-Paul Lavoisier (referred to as “JP” in the reality series; “One Life To Live”), and Galen Gering (“Days of Our Lives”). Also appearing in the soap will be Gering’s wife of 11 years, Jenna, who can be seen at top left.
Noticeable scenery, outside of the cast wearing some interesting attire in what appears to be a hallway, include a bar soap inside a small puddle of water, a purse that looks to have lost some items such as lipstick, a cell phone and one other unmentionable.
For a look at what you can expect from the series, here’s the official trailer:
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of August 15-19, 2011
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.
Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
1. Y&R 4,514,000 (-73,000/-780,000)
2. B&B 2,969,000 (+23,000/-414,000)
3. OLTL 2,804,000 (-84,000/+588,000)
4. GH 2,698,000 (+125,000/+75,000)
5. DAYS 2,496,000 (+147,000/-29,000)
6. AMC 2,488,000 (-64,000/+105,000)
1. Y&R 3.3/10 (same/-.3)
2. B&B 2.1/7 (same/-.3)
3. OLTL 2.0/6 (-.1/+.3)
4. GH 1.9/6 (same/same)
5. DAYS 1.8/6 (+.1/same)
5. AMC 1.8/6 (-.1/same)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 884,000 (+9,000/-220,000)
2. GH 790,000 (+37,000/-93,000)
3. OLTL 773,000 (+22,000/+108,000)
4. DAYS 667,000 (+85,000/-79,000)
5. AMC 578,000 (-1,000/-35,000)
6. B&B 543,000 (-15,000/-142,000)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/-.4) <—– ties low (2nd straight week)
2. GH 1.2/8 (+.1/-.1)
2. OLTL 1.2/8 (+.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.0/7 (+.1/-.1)
5. AMC 0.9/6 (same/same)
6. B&B 0.8/5 (same/-.2) <—– ties low (2nd straight week)
Girls 12-17 Viewers
1. Y&R 64,000 (-3,000/-5,000)
2. OLTL 49,000 (-2,000/+23,000)
3. GH 40,000 (-2,000/+2,000)
4. B&B 35,000 (-2,000/-1,000)
5. AMC 20,000 (-3,000/-4,000)
6. DAYS 15,000 (-25,000/same)
Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7/5 (+.1/-.3)
1. OLTL 0.7/5 (same/+.1)
1. GH 0.7/4 (same/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.6/4 (+.1/-.3)
5. AMC 0.5/3 (same/-.1)
6. B&B 0.4/3 (same/-.2).
Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 983,000 (-14,000/-205,000)
2. B&B 672,000 (+79,000/-35,000)
3. DAYS 524,000 (-4,000/-4,000)
4. OLTL 468,000 (-61,000/+55,000)
5. GH 448,000 (+3,000/-47,000)
6. AMC 416,000 (-67,000/-81,000)
Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers
As previously reported, with “All My Children” wrapping production in less than a week, actress Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard) will be heading to CBS’ “The Young and the Restless.” Although her “Y&R” role has not been revealed, a CBS representative has confirmed to Soap Opera Network that Morgan will begin taping scenes beginning Thursday, September 1, which is just one day after her contract with the ABC Television Network is set to expire.
Morgan returned to to the soap that made her famous (“AMC”) back in January 2008 after a near twenty-year absence. She debuted in the role of Dr. Hubbard in 1982, but departed in 1990. In between her “AMC” stints, the actress appeared on the ABC Daytime dramas “Loving,” “The City” and “Port Charles” from 1993 to 1998. She portrayed Dr. Hubbard on both “Loving” and “The City.”
Alongside Daytime Emmy Award Winner Darnell Williams, Morgan created daytime’s first African American super-couple in the form of Jesse and Angie Hubbard. Morgan’s daytime career has also extended outside of ABC Daytime. From 1990 to 1991, Morgan moved on to NBC’s “Generations” and then to CBS’ “The Bold and the Beautiful” from October 2006 to June 2007. The two-time Image Award winner has also had a successful career outside of daytime. She has appeared in numerous primetime series and films.
With “The Young and the Restless” filming roughly five weeks ahead of airdate, a representative has told Soap Opera Network that Morgan will begin airing on Friday, October 7.
“All My Children,” which taped in New York City for much of its broadcast run before moving to the Andrita Studios in Los Angeles after just a year and a half, will cease production next week. Morgan and Jacob Young (JR Chandler) are the only actors confirmed not to be joining the series when it relaunches on the new Prospect Park online network in January 2012. “All My Children” airs its broadcast television series finale on Friday, September 23.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “One Life to Live” Episode Recap – Friday, August 26, 2011.
IT HAPPENED TODAY…
Blair discovers the gun is missing from the safe. Todd and Victor argue bitterly. Bo, Téa, and Blair arrive before one of them draws a gun. Bo separates the men. Téa and Blair both reel from the Victor and Todd revelations. The women try to talk sense into the men, but we see their peacekeeping has fallen on deaf ears.
Shane asks Brody to help him make Victor and Jack pay for what they did to Gigi.
Rex is mystified to discover that Gigi’s death-date has been scratched out. Natalie arrives and he probes what it means. He sees it as a sign. Natalie tries to dissuade him from this, but he won’t budge. Bo is reluctant when Rex plans to have Gigi’s grave exhumed but ultimately agrees to go through with it in the hope that it will finally answer Rex’s questions.
The grave is exhumed and the coffin opened. Shane shows up and is horrified by what he finds. At EOD Rex arms himself with a gun. Kim stands over Gigi’s grave and makes a few cryptic comments.
On the Next One Life to Live…
- Blair wants Jack to open up to her.
- Victor asks Victor to come and see her.
- Jessica and Natalie continue to fight.