(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what's happening on "The Young and the Restless" during the week of May 2, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
The death of Jana puts Kevin and Chloe in the hot seat with authorites wanting to know exactly what happened. On Monday, May 9, Sharon is scared when she learns that the police officer that pulled her over is one of Sam's good friends. That same day, Adam and Nick have it out with DA Walsh when they learn that Sharon's death was flagged as suicide. Victor threatens to fire Michael if he continues to help Phyllis in the custody battle for Lucy. Despite the continuing problems with Abby, Ashley and Tucker continue to plan their wedding, Tuesday, May 10. Phyllis and Nick are on opposite sides where Lucy Abbott is concerned, on Wednesday, May 11. On Friday, May 12, Diane decides to set a plan in motion.
The Inside Story: Abby's Downward Spiral
Wanting to continue work on The Naked Heiress, Kent decides to make plans with Abby. They plan to have Abby doing a little strip tease at Gloworm but unfortunately, the strip tease takes a bad turn. Ashley and Tucker arrive and it's another round between the three of them. Drunk Abby decides to speak her mind about Tucker McCall and Tucker, in turn, gives her a lecture about her bratty attitude. She blows his words off, telling him that she doesn't need another father in her life Turning her attentions on Ashley, Abby decides to throw his tryst with Diane in her face. During their arguement, Tucker realizes that everything has been caught on a cell phone. He takes it and destroyes it. Soon after, Abby is taken down to the police station to be booked. A bitter Abby continues to belittle her mother, which gets her a slap in the face. Not wanting to let her hatred toward Tucker go, Abby decides that she's going to get even with him. Little does she know, she's headed for a collision course of disaster.
A Closer Look: Victor and Nikki's Closeness Pushes Diane Out
After a night of sex with Jack, Diane opens up about her marriage to Victor. Jack tells her if she wants to know anything, she needs to confront and talk to Victor. Meanwhile, Victor and Nikki are on the telephone talking about Victoria. When Diane arrives, she overhears and decides to once again try to get Victor to open up to her. When he rudely dismisses her questions about Victoria, Diane departs. Shortly after, Nikki shows up at the ranch, sharing how grateful she is to Victor being there for Victoria. The two start to talk and soon enough, they both find themselves closer than expected. Victor and Nikki head upstairs to his bedroom and have sex. Meanwhile, Diane returns home and heads upstairs to the bedroom. Peering inside, she is shocked to see Victor and Nikki once again having sex with one another. Not missing an opportunity to use what she's seeing to her advantage, Diane takes a quick picture with her cell phone and splits. As Victor and Nikki are in bed, she begins to worry about what's going on between the two of them. She quickly gets dressed and is set to leave, despite Victor's requests for her to stay with him. After Nikki has left, Diane arrives again at the ranch, not revealing what she had seen earlier. Victor tells Diane that the two of them shouldn't have gotten married and requests that they get it annulled. Even though she agrees, Diane has a possible ace up her sleeve.
What To Watch
- Traci heads home for her sister's wedding
- Adam rubs it in Nick's face that Sharon gave him her home
- Abby's actions result in tragedy
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Jerry Douglas begins taping Monday, May 9 as the ghost of John Abbott.
- Adrian Alvarado plays Marco, Sam's friend on Monday, May 9
- Jonas Fisch plays Kent on Monday, May 9 and Thursday, May 12
- James MacDonald plays Det. Matthews on Monday, May 9
- Kelley Birney plays a foster mom on Friday, May 13
- Jenni Pulos, who stars on Bravo Network's Flipping Out will play Ashley and Tucker's wedding planner some time during May Sweeps.
Y&R ALERTS: WEEK OF May 16, 2011
- Abby's car crash has lives hanging by a thread
- Sofia gets in a confrontation with Katherine
- Colin's true purpose is revealed
Y&R ALERTS BONUS: SPRING 2011
- Jack continues to plot against Victor and gets an unlikely hand
- Olivia gets tangled in the love triangle of Malcolm, Sofia and Neil
- Chloe may be fighting Billy for custody, but her own legal drama could be Billy's saving grace
- As Billy and Victoria fight hard to keep their daughter, Phyllis and Kevin pose a problem at every turn
- The loss of Cassie continues to plaque Sharon
- Sam and Sharon continue to grow closer
- Cane's mother Genevieve to town seeking to avenge her son's death
- Colin and Genevieve face off against one another
- Victor’s marriage to Diane is on shaky ground
- Victor is greatly naïve thinking that he’s truly pulled Nick from Diane
- Phyllis strains her relationships when she seeks custody of Lucy
- Daniel doesn't have his mother's back in her custody battle
- Adam and Nick work together to clean up Sharon's reputation
- Phyllis uses Restless Style as a tool to ruin Billy
- Diane is none-too-pleased with Nikki and Victor's continuing closeness
- Diane works hard to stay married to Victor no matter what
- Sam's presence in Sharon's life could be some competition for Adam
- Sharon will begin to think about finding a way in clearing her name and being with her family