(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “General Hospital” during the week of May 23, 2011.
THIS WEEK ON: GENERAL HOSPITAL
Robin & Patrick turn the tables on Lisa. Sonny & Brenda continue to struggle with separating mob business from family business. Ethan stands by Kristina as she struggles with withdrawal on Tuesday, May 24. Sonny flips out after overhearing Kristina & Brenda’s chat about Ethan. Sonny’s threats don’t achieve the desired response from Ethan. Lucky, Nikolas & Aiden spend quality time together. Elizabeth’s emotional deterioration becomes evident to several others. Maxie romances Matt. On Thursday, May 26, Sam gets the news she’s been waiting for. Jax & Carly continue to clash over Josslyn. Alexis admits her deception to Jax and urges him and Carly to compromise on Friday, May 27.
The Inside Story: Family Law
Michael finds himself on the lethal end of a shot gun upon breaking into Johnny’s penthouse. On Monday, May 23, Johnny goes off on Anthony after getting Michael out of the dangerous situation. Michael makes plans to flee the country with Abby. Johnny ties Anthony up after overhearing him plotting with the hit woman over the phone. Michael & Johnny team up. Abby confronts a still tied up Anthony. Anthony propositions Abby. Johnny & Michael successfully apprehend the hit woman. Michael expresses his gratitude to Johnny. Anthony continues to plot. Jason & Anthony face-off.
A Closer Look: Daddy Dearest
Lucky & Lulu have a tactical disagreement about Luke’s alcoholism. Lulu tries to piece back together the Haunted Star. Luke makes an emotional confession to Sonny after an explosive encounter with Lulu. He later tells his family he wants to get help. Lucky tells Luke that if he has really made the decision to go to rehab that he’s going there immediately. On Wednesday, May 25, Lucky takes drastic action when Luke fights his demand. Lulu worries about Luke. Dante’s honest admission about Luke’s alcoholism hits Lulu hard. Lulu decides to put all her attention into reviving the Haunted Star for Luke to return to. Dante lovingly tells Lulu that her father needs to find his own way.
General Hospital News and Headlines:
- BREAKING NEWS: Garin Wolf Named Head Writer of ‘General Hospital’
- Kurt Caceres, DaJuan Johnson and Michelle Krusiec Join ‘General Hospital’ Cast in Recurring Roles
- Exclusive First Look: ‘It’s a Brand New Day’ at ABC Daytime this Fall When Network Debuts ‘Chew’ and ‘Revolution’
- Lynn Leahey Steps Down as Editorial Director of Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly
- Layoffs Begin at Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly
- ABC Daytime Sets Memorial Day Schedule
- ABC.com Previews Tomorrow’s Soaps Tonight for May Sweeps
- General Hospital: May PreVUE
- ‘The Doctors’ Gives Soap Fan Style Makeover and Trip to Vegas for Daytime Emmy’s
- Nominations Announced for ‘The 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards’
- Creative Arts Emmy Award Nominees
- CBS to Air Daytime Emmy’s for Second Consecutive Year
- The 38th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards Pre-Nominations Announced
- ‘GH’ Recasts Elizabeth Webber With Martha Madison
- ABC Might Get Couric, So What Happens to ‘GH?’
- More on the ‘GH’ Lawsuit That Rocked ABC Daytime and Other Court Drama
- The Behind the Scenes Drama at ABC Daytime Keeps on Popping as Network is Now Being Sued!
- ‘General Hospital’ Casts Brenda’s REAL Kid?
- CBS Celebrates Genie Francis on ‘Y&R’ With Photo Shoot
- From Actor to Professor: James Franco to Teach Directing Course at NYU
- Anthony Geary on Taylor’s Passing: ‘She Was a Fierce and Loyal Friend and Tireless Advocate’
- ‘General Hospital’ Comments on the Passing of Elizabeth Taylor
- ‘Yes, it’s true’ Tyler Christopher is Leaving ‘GH’
- Developing Story: Was Soap Opera Digest Right? Is Guza Out?
- Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo Done and Out?
- Sonya Eddy Taken Off Contract at ‘GH’
- Ingo Rademacher Placed on Reduced Work Schedule?
- Stuart Damon Launches ‘Luxury Lifestyles’ TV Series with Son
GH ALERTS: WEEK OF MAY 30, 2011
- Lisa puts a curse on Patrick.
- Johnny offers Michael a job in the Zacchara business.
- Anthony plants a ghoulish surprise for Sonny and Brenda.
- Kristina turns to Dante for help with Sonny.
- Jason confides his insecurities about being a parent to Sam.
- General Hospital