Monday, August 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM ET by Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) A shot in the dark…
THIS WEEK ON:
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Malcolm gives Cane some news that could keep him in Geona City for good, Monday, August 2 Jana returns home and begs Ryder to come forward for Kevin's sake. >Indigo changes names and owners when Gloria and Jeffrey have their grand opening at their bar, Gloworm. Thursday, August 5 Billy and Victoria decide not to hide their relationship. Paul gets a call from Patty.
The Inside Story:Sharon Shoots Adam
At the cabin, Nick is furious when he sees Adam there and an argument immediately starts. Adam soon decides to leave and Nick insists that Sharon pack up and return home with Faith. Frustrated that Nick is telling her what to do again, Sharon points out that she is staying at the cabin. Still worried about her safety, Nick passes over a gun to Sharon, telling her use it just in case. After he departs, Sharon is settling in for the night, but as the storm picks up, she becomes nervous. When she hears a loud noise outside of the cabin, she becomes even more panicked and grabs for the gun. Sharon fires the gun when the door flies open, hitting Adam. Realizing what she's done, Sharon tries her best to help Adam, calling 911, just as Nick returns back to the cabin. Nick immediately stands by Sharon as the ranger begins to ask questions as to what happened . Sharon confesses that she shot her ex. Meanwhile, back home, Skye flips out when she sees the news report about Adam being shot, rushing to the hospital, where Sharon and Nick are. Seeing Sharon, Skye blasts her for attacking her husband, unnerving Sharon even more. Things don't look good for her when the ranger comes to the hospital and questions if Sharon purposely shot Adam. After getting a call from Nick, Michael heads to the hospital and tells Sharon that even if it were an accident, there is a good chance she could go to jail. As Nick and Victor stay with her for support, Sharon is happy to learn from the doctor that Adam will be alright, but soon begins to worry on what Adam will tell the authorities. As Adam comes to, he starts to decide what he's going to tell the authorities.
A Closer Look:Bitter Rivalry
Still brooding over Jill's determination to fight for the family estate, Lauren at first isn't receptive to Michael's warning that her hostility towards Jill could do more harm in their case. After thinking it over, Lauren becomes the bigger person and once again offers to extend herself to Jill. Jill, however, doesn't have the same feelings as Lauren, and decides to take advantage of the situation by having a television crew meet her at Neil Fenmore's grave for an interview. Back home, Lauren is floored when she turns on the television to see Jill badmouthing her to all who are listening. She heads for the cemetery and blasts her on camera for being greedy and manipulative. Things begin to boil over between the two and Lauren tells Jill that she's going to file a restraining order against her. Jill blasts that all she wants to do is feel closer to the father she never knew. Lauren then shoves Jill into a open grave and asks if she's closer now. Witnessing the incident, Michael can't believe his wife's behavior and tells her that getting a restraining order on Jill will be null and void; but Jill could very well get one against her for what she did. Still upset, Lauren can't believe that Michael isn't on her side. Meanwhile, Katherine tries her best to calm Jill, simply reminding her that like it or not, Lauren is a part of Jill's family.
What To Watch
- Kevin gets an unlikely person to help save Crimson Lights
- Mac gives JT some surprising news
- Paul and Christine can't escape their past
- Billy feels betrayed by Jill
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Signy Coleman returns as the late 'Hope Wilson' in the storyline surrounding her son 'Adam'. Coleman will appear Friday, August 13 and Monday, August 16
- Elinor Donahue, who played 'Betty' in the classic fifties television show Father Knows Best will come to the show some time in September as 'Judge Anderson' who is slated to be the offical that will marry Billy and Victoria
- Now that 'Adam' is back to his troublesome ways, it's no surprise that a blast from his past will arrive to shake things up for him. According to TV Guide actress Signey Coleman, who played 'Hope Wilson' is slated to return. No word as of yet when she is to resume the role.
- Former child star, Susan Olsen, best known as 'Cindy Brady' from The Brady Bunch will appear on the show as 'Mrs. Liza Morton'. Olsen airs Wednesday, September 1
- Shortly after learning that Jill is Lauren's sister, it is no surprise to have Lauren's mother pay her daughter a visit. Days of Our Lives soap actress, Susan Seaforth Hayes will reprise her role as 'Joanna'. No word yet as to when Seaforth's scenes will begin.
- Kristoff St. John is taking a brief hiatus from the role of 'Neil Winters', as he is focusing on a project with the Wayans Brothers.
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on "Y&R" during the week of July 26, 2010? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday's at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF AUGUST 9, 2010
- After Meggie is attacked, an unexpected individual decides to befriend her
- The 'Ghost' of Hope shines light on the real Adam Wilson
"The Young and the Restless" airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
You may not reproduce content without written permission from author.
© 2010 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.