Friday, August 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM ET by Scotty Gore
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A look at what’s happening on “One Life to Live” during the week of August 30, 2010.
THIS WEEK ON: ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Destiny thinks Matthew’s personality is taking a dark turn. Clint asks Matthew to be his apprentice at Buchanan Enterprises on Tuesday, August 31. While Bo doesn’t think it is a good idea, Matthew assures him it would be a good learning experience for him. Clint meets Inez and is intrigued to learn that she is working for Bo. Matthew doesn’t like it that his dad hired Nate’s mom. Elsewhere in Llanview, Clint surprises Dorian in her bedroom on Monday, August 30, and toys with her about being jilted once again by David. While planning for their wedding, Cristian learns he has received a grant to work on his art in association with a museum in Philadelphia, while Lalya is offered a job designing clothes in Paris. Greg and Vivian vie for the Chief of Staff position at the hospital on Thursday, September 2. Jessica talks with Vivian about receiving advance treatment for Rh disease, and is forced to lie after running into Viki while at the hospital. On Friday, September 3, Jessica tells Kelly that Ford’s blood type doesn’t match hers and that she’ll need to get a shot to ensure the baby remains healthy. Brody and Natalie continue to feel guilty over lying to Jessica and John. And Natalie confides to Gigi her fear that John will find out the truth.
The Inside Story: Is the Third Time the Charm?
Despite suffering from a twinge of doubt, Blair proceeds with marrying Eli on Monday, August 30. Not long after the “I do’s,” Blair receives a call from Kelly, who tells her everything that John has found out about Eli. Now suspicious, Blair confronts her new husband about the murders of his first two wives, and asks if she is do be the third. At same time, John, Kelly, and Rex realize that Ross is alive. John is informed by the authorities in Tahiti that ‘Eli’ has been taken into custody. Meanwhile, Todd and Dani are devastated by Téa’s ‘death.’ On Tuesday, August 31, Blair holds Eli at gunpoint, while John tells Bo he’s headed to Tahiti to bring Eli back to Llanview. Todd comforts Dani. James promises Ford that he will stay away from Langston. James, Ford, and Nate call a truce. Starr dances around her feelings for James when questioned by Langston, reasserting that she loves only Cole. Langston tells Starr she will stop seeing James out of respect for her. James takes the news in stride, realizing what is really going on. And later, the girls are shocked to learn that Ford will be teaching their creative writing class at LU. Blair refuses to believe Eli’s claims of innocence on Wednesday, September 1. However, he quickly realizes he must confess everything to his new bride. Still asserting that he really does love her, Eli tries to persuade Blair to go on the run with him. But, after learning the truth, she wants nothing more to do with him, and is ready to call the police. The newlyweds wrestle for the gun, which accidentally goes off.
A Closer Look: ‘Til Death Do Us Part
Back in Llanview, Kelly and Rex stop by his loft, where she tells him how much she appreciates all his help. Ford explains to Cole that Eli was threatening him, when Cole confronts him for lying about Hannah attacking him. Starr learns her mother is in big trouble. Cole asks Nora about what will happen to Hannah now, to which she reminds him that she will still face charges that she obstructed justice. Marty visits Hannah to tell her that she now knows the truth. By Thursday, September 2, John arrives in Tahiti, were he is shocked to learn that it’s actually Ross that has been taken into custody, and not Eli. Leaving Ross is deal with his own problems, John continues his search for Blair and Eli. Ross, meanwhile, manages to talk his way out of a tight spot. At the same time, Eli collapses after being shot. As Blair reaches over to see if he is still alive, an overturned oil lamp catches the curtains on fire. Despite her best efforts to stop the blaze, the fire continues to spread. John soon arrives on the scene and saves Blair, but is unable to rescue Eli. Todd and Dani return to Llanview. Destiny and Nate express their sympathy by having a bunch of food sent to Todd’s house. Starr blasts Cole for keeping her in the dark about Eli. Langston doesn’t buy Ford’s explanation that she was one of the reasons he kept quiet. On Friday, September 3, Blair is unnerved when Eli’s charred body is removed. Starr tells Todd she wants to plan a memorial service for Téa. Rex and Kelly share a warm moment upon learning of Eli’s demise. And Langston breaks off from kissing Ford, remaining unwilling to trust him yet again.
One Life to Live News and Headlines:
- Would the Real Todd Manning Please Stand Up? Roger Howarth is Back!
- Ratings: Great Week for Y&R in Total Viewers
- For Real This Time? Brandon Buddy Reportedly Leaving ‘One Life to Live’
- EXCLUSIVE! What If…Promo: Sam McCall Meets John McBain
- OLTL Promo: Blair and Téa Fight For their Lives
- Soap Stars Show Their Feminie Sides at Expo
- ‘Life’s’ a ‘Circus’ for Kristen Alderson & Melissa Archer
- So You Heard About ‘The Meeting?’
- Mandatory Cast Meeting Set for ‘One Life to Live’
- Zimmer’s First ‘OLTL’ Tape Date Revealed
- Kim Zimmer Returns to ‘One Life to Live’
- ‘OLTL’ Early September Casting Notes
- My View of Llanview: August 15 Edition
- Tapper & Fahy Aren’t Through with ‘Life’
- ABC’s ‘What If…’ Ready for Launch
OLTL ALERTS: WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 6, 2010
- Natalie discovers Brody may not be the father of Jessica’s baby. (Soap Opera Digest)
- Todd seeks Marty’s advice. (Soap Opera Digest)
- Jessica makes a confession to Brody. (Soap Opera Digest)
- Brody confronts Ford. (Soap Opera Weekly)
- Dani and Jack learn Eli is dead. (Soap Opera Weekly)
- Natalie considers being honest with John. (Soap Opera Weekly)
- Dani receives a cryptic text message. (National Enquirer)
- Greg gets a mysterious phone call. (National Enquirer)
- Natalie informs John that there is something he needs to know. (National Enquirer)
- Cole warns James once more. (National Enquirer)
- Todd confesses to Dani that he lied about Ross. (Cable Guide Spoilers)
- Greg is surprised by what he finds at the hospice center. (Cable Guide Spoilers)
- Langston confides in Starr. (Cable Guide Spoilers)
“One Life to Live” airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on ABC.com and SOAPnet.com. Check local listings.