Y&R PreVUE: Week of July 12 Edition
Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM ET by Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Willing to walk away…
THIS WEEK ON:
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
On Moday, July, 12th, Heather admits to Chance that she wish he weren't taken and Victor is told about Abby's sex video. Jill and Lauren continue their heated battle as Jill continues to worm her way into Lauren's personal life. Wednesday, July 14th, Victor and Nikki get a visit from Meggie. Ronan's personal agenda presents itself.
The Inside Story: Is This Really the End?
Still plagued with doubts of Nick's feelings for her; Phyllis makes a decision, taking Summer with her off the ranch. She comes face-to-face with Sharon and informs her that she's ending things with Nick, and that she can finally having him back; after all that's waht she wanted to begin with. Floored by Phyllis declaration, Sharon tells her nemesis that she'll take Faith and go away. Meanwhile, Nick still sucker punched by Phyllis's words, goes in search for his wife and his daughter. As he is looking for her, he sees Sharon getting a room at the Genoa City Athletic Club. He asks her what is going on and Sharon lets him know that Phyllis and she had words. She tells her ex where Phyllis is and she's taken aback when Nick admits to her that he wants to save his marriage. As Nick is with Sharon once again, Phyllis is back at the condo thinking of happier times between her and Nick. It is then that Nick arrives, asking his wife to give him another chance at fixing their marriage. Not moved by his words, Phyllis shuts Nick down. When Nick leaves, Phyllis doesn't hide her disappointment that Nick gave up so easily. In the meantime, Sharon, realizing that Nick wants Phyllis, decides that the best thing for everyone is for her to leave Genoa City. As she is contemplating leaving, Phyllis on the other hand, finds herself back in familiar territory when she runs into Jack.
A Closer Look: Freedom for a Price
Realizing that he's unable to have somoene represent him, Adam decides to represent himself. Right at that moment, as if on clock work, Skye shows up with D.A. Vance in tow and he immediately gets the judge to set Adam's bail. Feeling confident, Adam believes that he might just make it out of the mess he's created and he's even more elated to learn that the Newman's actions at the cabin could help him stay out of a court case. Meanwhile, Skye informs Adam that she will help set his bail; on the condition that he marry her. He agrees, stressing that all he sees it as is a 'business' deal. He also point out that he knows the only reason why she wants marriage is to live in the lap of luxury of the Newman name. When Heather gets wind of Adam being released and upcoming nuptials, she has some choice words for not only Adam, but for Skye too, warning her that Adam will use anyone to get what he wants. Once bail has been set, Adam and Skye tie the knot. Later that day, Sharon runs into her ex, where he admits to her that he's still very much in love with her. Sharon instantly asks him if his new wife knows about that.
What To Watch
- Christina's return could spell trouble for many
- Lily hold out for a beautiful future for their family
- Nina is uneasy now that Christina is back in Genoa City
- Mac's depression continues to spiral
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Entertainment Weekly writer, Michael Slezak will have a guest spot on the show, Monday, July 12th
- Jeremy Scott, well-known fashion designer will appear Tuesday, July 13th
- Jennifer Birmingham appears as 'Alison', a date 'Kevin' had on Thursday, July 15th
- Entertainment Weekly reports that actress Sean Young will return to the soap to reprise her role of 'Meggie', the barmaid who interacted with 'Victor'. The actress will air from Wednesday, July 14 through August
- Lauralee Bell, reprises her role as 'Christine "Cricket" Blair' Thursday, July 15th. As of yet, no word on what brings 'Christine' back into Genoa City
- Actress Julia Pace Mitchell will join the cast as 'Sofia Dupree'. Her most recent role was as 'Jan' in the Notorious B.I.G. film Notorious. No date yet set for when Pace Mitchell's first airdate on the show will be, but SON will bring more details to light when they arrive.
- Now that 'Adam' is back to his troublesome ways, it's no surprise that a blast from his past will arrive to shake things up for him. According to TV Guide actress Signey Coleman, who played 'Hope Wilson' is slated to return. No word as of yet when she is to resume the role.
- Actor Wilson Bethel, who plays 'Ryder Callahan' has been dropped from the show. Bethel's last airdate is Tuesday, August 3rd. More details to come on how 'Ryder' will head out.
- Shortly after learning that Jill is Lauren's sister, it is no surprise to have Lauren's mother pay her daughter a visit. Days of Our Lives soap actress, Susan Seaforth Hayes will reprise her role as 'Joanna'. No word yet as to when Seaforth's scenes will begin.
- Actor Sean Kanan, who plays 'Deacon Sharpe' has taped scenes for the month of July to air
- Stacy Haiduk who potrays both 'Patty Williams' and 'Emily Peterson' has yet not been picked up for a contract by the show. No word yet from the show on what her characters fates may be.
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on "Y&R" during the week of July 5, 2010? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday's at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF July 19, 2010
- Christina sets her plan in motion to make things right
- Victor has a proposition, which stuns Nikki
"The Young and the Restless" airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
You may not reproduce content without written permission from author.
© 2010 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.