Y&R PreVUE: Week of June 28 Edition
Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM ET by Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Adam returns to Genoa City…
THIS WEEK ON:
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
After opening the results of the DNA test, Jill wants to embrace her sister, Lauren, but Lauren shuts her down cold, on Monday, June 28. Chloe's decision could put her relationship with Chance in jeopardy. Wednesday, June 30 Abby starts to put two and two together when it comes to Ashley and Tucker. Ryder's behavior comes into question again.
The Inside Story:Nick's Freedom Hangs in the Balance
In an effort to keep Nick out of jail for good, Sharon and Victor do their best to race against the clock to get to Adam at the airport before he takes off again. Once they arrive, Victor and Adam get into a heated exchange when the elder Newman tells his son to come back to Genoa City. Seeing that Victor isn't getting through, Sharon works her charms on Adam by telling him that she knows that there is a good person inside of him and that he needs to show that to everyone. He begins to melt but soon opts to dash. Unfortunately for Adam, he finds himself running into a trap and has no choice but to give up. In the meantime, Victor admits to Sharon that he has plans to use Adam in court. While Sharon and Victor are on their way back with Adam, Nick's trial has gotten underway and things slowly start to go sour until Nikki takes the stand. As Owen tries his best to tear Nikki apart, she holds her own against his grilling session. Phyllis, however, doesn't help Nick's case when she admits to hiding Nick's bloody jacket. When the DA continues to attack her on the stand, Phyllis loses it and Owen is pleased that Nick's case is weakening. Michael points out the only way his case is going to have a chance is if Victor shows up with Adam. As the trial goes on, it's Nick who must take the stand. After Michael is finished with his questioning, Owen starts in by tearing Nick apart regarding what really happened at the Abbott cabin to the point where Nick blows up. Meanwhile, Sharon, Victor and Adam arrive back in Genoa City and Victor points out that he's taking Adam to the courthouse to confess murdering Hightower. Knowing that he has nowhere to run, Adam arrives in court with Victor, sending those in the courtroom in a frenzy of disbelief. When put on the stand, Adam once again has a trick up his sleeve.
A Closer Look:Wiping the Slate Clean
In hopes of helping clear Emily's name, Paul helps her by bringing her brother Jamie to see her. Once he is there, she begs begs him to tell the truth and clear her name. Meanwhile, Jack finds himself drawn to Emily again and he goes to see her. The two slowly begin to grow close again. Patty, on the other hand, has some memories of seeing Adam at the Policeman's Ball and she shares the news with Paul. She tells her brother that Adam threatened to ruin her life if she didn't do what he wanted her to do.
What To Watch
- Jill goes to a lawyer to see what her rights are regarding the Fenmore estate
- Chance and Chloe continue to butt heads
- Nikki wonders if Phyllis is going to walk away from her son
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Actor Sean Kanan, who plays 'Deacon Sharpe' has taped scenes for the month of July to air
- Stacy Haiduk who potrays both 'Patty Williams' and 'Emily Peterson' has yet not been picked up for a contract by the show. No word yet from the show on what her characters fates may be.
- Film actor and former daytime soap actor, Eric Roberts, will appear as 'Adam's' lawyer beginning Monday, July 12
- Word is that David Hasselhoff will return briefly back to the show to reprise the role of 'Snapper Foster' sometime in mid-June. Also discussions of a return is that of Wings Hauser as 'Greg Foster' and Juliana McCarthy as 'Liz Foster'.
- Taylor Ann Hasselhoff, daughter of David Hasselhoff will make an appearance on the show as a nurse who is there during the Foster family's news about Liz's cancer. She appears on the show Wednesday, June 16
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on "Y&R" during the week of June 21, 2010? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday's at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF July 5, 2010
- Jill takes center stage during Kay's big July 4th bash
- Patty has a confessiong to make; but is it real or just in her head?
- Abby does whatever to get what she wants
"The Young and the Restless" airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
You may not reproduce content without written permission from author.
© 2010 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.