Monday, May 17, 2010 at 1:25 AM ET by Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Things begin to unravel for Jana, who has a difficult time coming to terms with reclaiming her life with her family and friends after her ordeal with being kidnapped. On Monday, May 17 Jack becomes very frustrated when he learns of Ashley’s new job. Amber makes a difficult decision that could end her marriage to Daniel. Phyllis and Victor don’t agree on how to handle getting Nick out of Adam’s murder. Neil sees red when Malcolm makes an inviting offer to Devon. Thursday, May 20 Tucker wants JT to keep tabs on Victoria and on Friday, May 21 Cane and Lily may have new options for treatment.
The Inside Story: Causing a Commotion
As Ashley begins her first day as CEO, she is stunned to see her daughter outside of the building picketing. With camera crew there, Abby continues to make a scene, that is, until Ashley arrives and whisks her daughter back up to her office for an explanation. Realizing that her mother is now in charge at Jabot, Abby apologizies, but it’s clear that she is focused on causing trouble more-so for the company, not Ashley. Once she’s left from Jabot, Abby contacts Kent, who is a producer, and the two talk at Crimson Lights about doing a reality show focusing on her and her life in Genoa City.
A Closer Look:A Forbidden Romance
Victoria and Billy continue to enjoy being with one another, but both soon find themselves face-to-face with Victor and Jack. Victor lashes out that Victoria wasn’t raised to fall for a punk kid like Billy Abbott; while Jack points out that Billy is messing around with the enemy. Meanwhile, JT also has some strong feelings about Billy and his ex being together. When JT points those feelings out, Billy simply disregards him and continues to see Victoria, regardless of what anyone thinks. Unfortunately for both of them, their forbidden love affair starts to create more tensions between the Abbotts and the Newmans; and Victor and Jack are determined to do whatever to end their union.
What To Watch
- Phyllis and Amber’s mom, Tawny go head-to-head
- Amber’s decision could put Daniel back on the market
- A mysterious woman could stir up trouble for Malcolm when she heads to Genoa City
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Kanin Howell will appear as ‘Frank’, who is to be a slick talking con artist on Monday, May 17
- Marcy Rylan makes her debut appearance as ‘Abigail (Abby) Carlton’ Tuesday, May 18
- Jeff Branson, who played in the roles of ‘Shane Lewis’ on the now cancelled ‘Guiding Light’ and ‘Johnothan Lavery’ on ABC’s ‘All My Children’, has just signed on for a contract role . Although the character has yet to be named, Branson will be recording his scenes in the next couple of weeks.
- Word is that David Hasselhoff will return briefly back to the show to reprise the role of ‘Snapper Foster’ sometime in mid-June. Also discussions of a return is that of Wings Hauser as ‘Greg Foster’ and Juliana McCarthy as ‘Liz Foster’.
- A casting call has been placed for the search of a contract role for a character named ‘Simone’ She’s slated to be a mid-thirties African-American that is very outspoken and a stylish dresser.
- Andrea Evans will reprise her role as Tawny Moore, Amber Moore Romalotti’s mom. She will appear Wednesday, May 17.
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on “Y&R” during the week of May 10, 2010? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday’s at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF MAY 24, 2010
- Abby’s stubborn attitude cause Victor and Ashley to be at their wits end
- Jana turns to someone else for help, leaving Kevin out in the cold
- Jana receives life threatening news
“The Young and the Restless” airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
You may not reproduce content without written permission from author.
© 2010 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.