‘Y&R’ Wedding of Lifetime Reaches Semi-Finals
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — ‘Young and the Restless’ A Las Vegas Wedding of a Lifetime moves into the semi-finals with twenty-five lucky hopefuls.
The #1 daytime drama partnered up with Las Vegas Convention and Visitor’s Autority and MGM Grand Las Vegas to offer one lucky couple a wedding, vow renewal or commitment ceremony that will be witnessed by “Y&R’s” Christian Jules LeBlanc (‘Michael Baldwin’) and Tracey E. Bregman (‘Lauren Fenmore Baldwin’).
The contest, which ran from March 9th through April 13th, offered those who were interested in participating an opportunity to log on to Wedding of a Lifetime and submit a photograph and answer a question about their relationship. Twenty-five semi-finalists have now been selected by a third party judge, and contacted on April 17th and announced on the Wedding of a Lifetime website on April 20th.
Congratulations goes out to the following semi-finalists:
- Sarah M. and Justin S. from Tempe, AZ
- Richard A. and Nicolette A. from Chino, CA
- Lily C. and Hans I. from Redondo Beach, CA
- Gina R. and Matt M. from St. Petersburg, FL
- Heidi T. and James T. from Winter Garden, FL
- Stacey H. and William H. from Hapeville, GA
- Debra D. and Stephen L. from Hanalei, HI
- Jennifer K. and Salvatore A. from Romeoville, IL
- Tamera J. and Ted W. from Sharpsville, IN
- Mary R. and Mark H. from Bellingham, MA
- Julie R. and Brian S. from Billerica, MA
- Belinda E. and Lee D. from Owing Mills, MD
- Melissa B. and Dru B. from Salisbury, MD
- Kendall C. and Ryan S. from Farmington, MI
- Patricia M. and David M. from Concord, NC
- Margaret C. and Bill C. from Lincolnton, NC
- Christina M. and John W. from Old Bridge, NJ
- Cortnie G. and Chris V. from Corona, NY
- Charlene L. and Willie W. from Bronx, NY
- Emily M. and Benjamen M. from Eugene, OR
- Gretchen S. and Everett S. from Central Point, OR
- Rhonda S. and Laurie H. from Bellefonte, PA
- Tammy S. and Kyle A. from East Stroudsburg, PA
- Denise V. and John S. from Gibsonia, PA
- Joe O. and Tracy B. from Kent, WA.
The listed semi-finalists, who submitted a photograph and answered a question about their relationship, will now enter Phase II of the contest, in which they will be asked to film a video response about their most romantic moment together. Their videos will be reviewed by “The Young and the Restless’s” Daniel Goddard (“Cane Ashby”) and Christel Khalil (“Lily Winters”) who will then select the four final couples to be announced on May 6th. Finalists, who proceed to Phase III of the contest, will have their videos posted on The Young and the Restless wedding website where viewers will help determine the winner by voting for their favorite couple. The Grand Prize winners will be contacted on May 31st and announced on Wedding of a Lifetime on June 1st.
The Grand Prize winners will receive the following:
Travel and Accommodations for Four
- Roundtrip coach airfare to Las Vegas, hotel accommodations in the luxurious and romantic suites of The Signature at MGM Grand, transportation to/from the Las Vegas airport in MGM Grand limousines and $1,000.00 spending money.
A Wedding Ceremony, Vow Renewal or Commitment Ceremony and Celebration that includes
- A unique and romantic ceremony poolside at The Signature at MGM Grand.
- Exquisite floral arrangements from the Forever Grand Wedding chapel at MGM Grand.
- Ceremony music performed by the musicians of Cirque du Soleil’s “O” at Bellagio- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Photography package.
- Dinner for six at Joël Robuchon, the only Michelin three star, Mobil Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond restaurant- the top accolades for each organization.
- A beautiful and delicious hand-made wedding cake from MGM Grand’s award-winning pastry team.
- Wedding attire including a wedding dress, bridesmaid dress and two tuxedo rentals.
- Wedding bands for the couple.
Pampering and Extras
- Couple’s Dreaming Ritual signature spa treatment in an MGM Grand private spa suite.
- Custom hair and make-up from Christophe Salon at MGM Grand- For more than 20 years, Christophe has tended to the tresses of rock and celebrity royalty from Beverly Hills to New York City.
- VIP tickets for four to Cirque du Soleil’s “O” at Bellagio- an aquatic tapestry of artistry, surrealism and theatrical romance in a timeless production.
“The Young and the Restless” airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
Discussion: ‘Y&R Wedding of Lifetime Reaches Semi-finals