(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — A different shoulder to lean on…
THIS WEEK ON: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Kay helps give Marge’s friends closure by setting up a memorial service for Marge on Wednesday, April 22. That same day Heather just can’t seem to get Adam out of her system. Kevin slips up by calling his wife another woman’s name on Tuesday, April 21.
The Inside Story: Pushed to Edge
Not able to let go of the fact that Sharon has pulled Nick away from her, Phyllis approaches Lauren about Sharon’s stealing habit, telling her that she should press charges for letting Eden take the fall for her. Nick, in the meantime wants Sharon to keep quiet about what has been happening but she’s determined to admit what she has done. Later that day, Lauren and Michael corner Sharon demanding how she could have let Eden take the blame for the stolen text books; Nick tries to get them to back off but Lauren snaps at him telling that they are going to press charges. Nick tells her she shouldn’t take legal action and things become even more heated when Michael tells him that Sharon had it in for Eden from the very beginning. Back at home, Phyllis is upset that Nick still won’t come home to her and even more ticked when Heather tells her she can’t press charges against Sharon for petty theft. Fed up, Phyllis approaches Victor and drops the bomb about Sharon stealing from under his nose, but Victor’s reaction is a surprising one. Nick tells Nikki that he has no plans on going back to the tack house and is more than ever determined to be there for Sharon. Sharon, however,doesn’t want Nick’s help or him to be putting his own problems on hold to help her. Jack, who knows that things are going downhill for Sharon, decides to offer a shoulder for her to lean on; and she instantly accepts it.
A Closer Look: Doing What’s Right
During the court hearing about Ana, Cane come in just in time to see the judge ruling in Tyra’s favor, thanks to Neil. When mother and daughter are reunited, Lily points out that every child should be with their mother. At the courthouse, Cane sees Chloe there and pulls her to the side. He informs her that he will be dropping the battle for custody of Cordelia. Chloe, being grateful promises that she will no longer bother him or Lily again.
What To Watch
- Karen and Neil exchange some heated words
- Jill hits the bottle and almose slips about Victor’s dirty deeds
- Jack and Adam come face-to-face
The Young and the Restless News and Headlines
- Karen Hensel returns to the show as Sharon’s mother Doris on Wednesday, April 22
- Kerrie Keane returns as the judge who determine’s Ana and Tyra’s fate, Monday, April 20
- Sandy Martin plays Jimmy, Thursday, April 23
- As previously mentioned on SON, Tom Casiello has joined the writing team of Y&R. His first scenes begin airing April 20 and April 28, May 12 and May 19.
- Jeanne Cooper’s ‘Katherine Chancellor’ gets a spot in the ‘Editor’s Choice’ in the current issue of Soap Opera Digest
- Viewers who watch the ‘Y&R’ week-end marathon on Saturday nights on SOAPnet have seen a time change that began April 11, moving it from the 7PM EST/PT slot to 4PM EST/PT. Check your local listings for this time slot change.
- Fans can ‘get restless’ by participating in the Get Restless in Jamaica Sweepstakes. A fan could win their chance of a lifetime to have a 4 day/3 night vacation. Those interested can visit Get Restless in Jamaica
- SON Top 10: Who was the best of the best on “Y&R” during the week of April 13 – April 17, 2009? You decide! The SON Top 10 is back! Voting begins Friday’s at 4:00 PM, EST.
SON ALERTS: WEEK OF APRIL 13, 2009
- Kay and Murphy say ‘I do’.
- Jack hits the sheets with Mary Jane.
- Someone has their sights on Ashley.
“The Young and the Restless” airs Weekdays on CBS. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings .
© 2009 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.
Discussion: Y&R PreVUE: Week of April 20 Edition