(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — “All My Children” aborts Josh Madden.Colin Egglesfield has been let go from “All My Children.” Always hopeful about a return to the soap, a now clearly disappointed Egglesfield tells ABC Soaps In Depth that the decision “doesn’t add up to [him].” Egglesfield joined “AMC” in September 2005, replacing Scott Kinworthy in the role of Josh Madden. Egglesfield was dropped to recurring status in the early fall of 2008. Sources close to “AMC” tell the magazine that following a brief return in January the character “is definitely gone for good.” Speculation is that Josh will be killed off allowing his heart to be given to his sister, Kendall Hart (Alicia Minshew), who is currently in a coma and battling a failing heart. The role of Josh Madden has long been covered in a cloud of controversy due to the fact that the character, thanks to the wackiness of daytime, is the one-time fetus that Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) aborted in 1973; daytime’s first legal abortion. As previously reported by Soap Opera Network, Egglesfield will appear in at least several episodes starting in January. “All My Children” air Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.
- All My Children
- Colin Egglesfield
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) – The tribute. THIS WEEK ON: ALL MY CHILDREN
- David wants payback. Erica convinces Adam to let David spend a few moments with Little A. David comes home to Amanda…and Krystal. David spins a tale to Krystal and takes her into an embrace. David gives Joe an ultimatum: hand over the Chief of Staff position or watch Jake’s career end. A drugged Krystal goes on a dangerous car ride.
- Taylor is affected as Brot explains that it was her love for him that kept him alive through everything. Brot pulls away from Taylor’s touch. Frankie and Brot help Taylor move into her new place. Jake heads to Taylor’s place after a military officer confronts him about Brot. Brot decides it’s time to face the consequences of his actions.
- Jake and Greenlee drown their sorrows. Jake gives Ryan some advice. Ryan spots Greenlee but walks away before she sees him. Greenlee saves the day at Emma’s dance recital. Annie attacks Ryan when he stops by to leave a photo of Emma for her. Aidan tries to turn Annie against Ryan. Someone is secretly video taping Annie.
- Adam grins and bears it when Erica brings Fusion to the mansion. Angie walks in on Frankie and Randi in a very intimate moment. Randi’s day goes from bad to worse after Greenlee informs Erica of pornographic pictures of the new face of Fusion on the web. Frankie is more troubled by Randi’s porn past than he lets on.
- Ryan thinks Kendall could be waking up when she has a spasm while he’s sitting with her. David insists to Zach that Kendall’s movement was involuntarily and her diagnosis remains the same. Zach clashes with Ryan.
- Bianca confronts Reese with Forrest’s claim that she was engaged to a man. Reese insists to Bianca that she never felt alive until the day she met her. Bianca questions Reese about her past relationships with men. Reese’s tries to ease Bianca’s fears. An upset Bianca demands to know what Reese and Zach are hiding from her.
- On Friday, December 19 Pine Valley gathers to pay tribute to Myrtle. Angie, Jesse, Greenlee, Ryan, Amanda and Kelly Tyler share memories of Myrtle at the boarding house. Zach, Opal, Erica and Bianca all receive gifts from Myrtle that hold special significance to each of them. Zach dedicates the “Fargate Carnival Room” at the casino in honor of Myrtle.
Monday: Ryan’s impressed by Greenlee’s kindness. Taylor gives Brot a dose of tough love. Zach hopes for a miracle.
Tuesday: Ryan and Greenlee act on their feelings. Amanda sets out to get JR to fall off the wagon. Krystal realizes that David has been drugging her.
Wednesday: Encore presentation of the October 20 episode of “All My Children.”
Thursday: Encore presentation of the October 21 episode of “All My Children.”
Friday: Ryan and Greenlee can’t deny what they feel. Annie escapes from Oak Haven. A guilt ridden Amanda pushes JR to drink.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) – New beginnings. THIS WEEK ON: GUIDING LIGHT
- Josh is floored when Reva tells him the truth about her condition. Reva tells Josh that talking to a happy Shayne is just what she needed. Jeffrey admits his fears to Olivia who urges him to be honest with Reva. Jeffrey gives Reva hope. Josh calls Reva with the news about Shayne. Reva is shocked to see her son in a wheelchair.
- Beth gives Alan a warning. Alan senses that there’s something different about Beth. Beth tells Coop she doesn’t want to be alone. Beth is shaken to realize she spent the entire night with Coop. Buzz tries to keep his cool when Alan comes over looking for Beth. Coop and Alan, separately, make plays to keep Beth by their side.
- Christina tells Remy all she really wants is a divorce after he gives her Mel’s MCAT study guides. Mel tells Remy and Christina that she can’t help them with their divorce and suggests they talk things out. Mel makes a confession to her mother – she lied to Remy and Christina because she thinks they’re made for each other.
Mallet tells Dinah that he loved her but they just weren’t good for each other. Shayne spies Marina and Mallet’s closeness and later starts an argument with Mallet who has no idea who the soldier is. A determined Frank goes against Marina’s wishes and makes sure she has the wedding of her dreams. Dinah wonders who she’s really talking to when she runs into Shayne at the wedding. Mallet runs into Dinah while chasing after an upset Daisy. Marina is shocked to run into Shayne who expresses his bitter take on love to his ex. Marina spies Mallet holding an upset Dinah. Marina and Mallet proceed with their wedding without mentioning their encounters but the wedding scene disintegrates as Shayne barges in with Dinah. Josh is shocked to see Shayne’s condition. Frank arrests Dinah and Shayne. Marina defends Shayne to Mallet and brings up his encounter with Dinah. The couple calls it a night without getting married. Marina secretly bails Dinah out after finding her all alone in the cell. Dinah reveals to Marina that it was all Shayne’s idea to bust up the wedding. Mallet passionately declares his love to Marina and sweeps her into the courtroom, filled with her family, for their wedding. A heartbroken Dinah watches as Mallet and Marina marry.
Wedding bells ringing…
Monday, December 8, 2008 10:49 AM | By Venus Stone
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — It’s another wedding for Jack…THIS WEEK ON: AS THE WORLD TURNS
Dusty needs Emily’s help when it comes to pleading self-defense in Paul’s shooting. Tired of being turned away by him, Emily turns her back on him. Barbara refuses to believe Dusty’s story of how Paul hired Josie. Emily is later confronted by Paul, who tells her to remain on his side. While Craig is in a meeting with Dani, he overhears the conversation with Emily and Paul, which prompts him to go to Dusty offering his help. Dusty quickly refuses. Luke tries to dig up information about Brian by going to the office of his ex-wife. When Carolyn balks at giving what he wants, he leaves. Luke is soon confronted by Brian and Noah, seeing the incident, comforts Luke. Alison gets a new patient assigned to her and is upset to learn that it’s Mark. Unable to find a substitute, Alison has no choice but to take responsibility for his care. When Alison goes to check on him she finds that he is missing. Casey, who is also working at the hospital, finds Mark on the roof and talks him out of taking a jump. After getting Mark back into his room, Alison tells Casey how much she appreciates his help. ANOTHER WALK DOWN THE AISLE
Carly gets upset when Jack informs her that he wants to take out a second mortgage to pay for his wedding to Janet. An upset Janet begins to have second thoughts about the wedding. When Jack tells Janet that he didn’t get approval on the mortgage. She lets him know that they should get married at City Hall. When Liberty informs Parker about how upset her mother is becoming about the snags in getting married to Jack, Parker decides to be a good son by forging Carly’s signature on his trust fund to fund the wedding. Carly hits the roof and puts the blame on Jack and Janet for what Parker did. Janet, however, recoups the money, which forces Carly to apologize. Jack later rubs it in Carly’s face that regardless, he’s getting married and she best get used to it.
Pictured: Michael Park courtesy CBS
© 2008 Soap Opera Network. All rights reserved.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Those living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. THIS WEEK ON: ONE LIFE TO LIVE Viki gives Charlie a second chance; Tea vows to help Todd whether he likes it or not; Andrew presides over baby Hope’s funeral; Marty and Cole grow closer; Vaness and Cristian lock lips; Lola seeks Langston’s aide; Jessica apologizes to Brody; and Jack throws a tantrum. The Inside Story: Second Chances
Natalie urges Viki to give Charlie a second chance. Afterward, Viki arrives at a decision and visits the Buenos Dias Cafe looking for Charlie. Excited, Charlie listens as Viki informs him that she never stopped loving him. As the snow begins to fall in Angel Square, Viki and Charlie share a kiss as they drive off into the night together. Sarah seeks Viki’s advice on her relationship with Cristian. Brody is a complete gentleman when Jessica apolgizies for Tess making a pass at him. Several Llanview citizens gather to watch the movie “Christina Comes Home for Christmas.” John and Blair watch the movie in bed. Sarah, Cristian, and Vanessa watch the flick as well, as do Brody and Jessica. A Closer Look: Unsolited Advice
Todd is taken aback when Tea visits him in jail. As they reminisce about the past, Tea is rocked to learn that Todd truly did fall for Marty. Taking the high road, Todd turns down Tea’s offer to represent him, claiming that he is ready to pay for his actions. John surprises Blair by claiming he still wants to be with her and then kissing her. Dorian and Starr are horrified to learn of Dr. Joplin’s suicide. Cole and Starr continue to bond. Marty goes online to research Todd as she begins her quest for revenge. Starr’s friends and loved ones gather for baby Hope’s funeral. Hoping for time alone, Starr arrives at St. James early, where she encounters Andrew. A heartbroken Cole understands Marty’s decision to skip the funeral. Andrew officiates the baby’s funeral. Cole gives Marty the copy of “Jabberwocky” she gave him as a child; later he is pleasantly surprised when Marty drops by the cemetery and holds his hand. Nora urges Todd to enter a guilty plea, and is sickened when Todd once more confesses his love for Marty. Upon leaving the cemetery, Marty bumps in to Andrew at St. James. Jessica confesses to Brody that she feels as if her own daughter died, and says a prayer for baby Hope. Blair is beyond angry at Todd and deals with a fussy Jack. Marty is out for blood. John gives Cole a shoulder to lean on. Carlotta and Antonio are overjoyed to see Tea. Antonio is appalled that Tea wants to defend Todd. Todd is stuck between a rock and a hard place when Blair and Jack come to visit. John and Cole keep Marty away from the reporters at Todd’s arraignment. Nora presents a laundry list of charges against Todd, who nearly utters his plea when Tea arrives at the courthouse. Starr and Dorian have a long talk before leaving for Todd’s hearing. What to Watch
- Vanessa quickly apologizes to Cristian for kissing him.
- Natalie and Jared have their hands full with Bree and Chole.
- Rex, Gigi, and Shane mail Christmas cards with a family photo.
- Rex and Shane make a special card for Brody.
- Rex and Gigi make love.
- Sarah makes her hatred of Vanessa known.
- Lola asks Langston to hide her to avoid deportation.
- Tea explains that Vanessa couldn’t be deported if she married an American citizen.
- Crisitan has a proposal for Vanessa.
Monday: Tea causes a ruckus in the courtroom; Brody accidentally prompts Tess to re-emerge; Rex has money problems.
Tuesday: Tea is a thorn in Nora’s side; Tess attempts to talk Brody into doing her dirty work; Cristian makes a shocking announcement.
Wednesday: Brody outsmarts Tess; Tea is on a mission; Bo brings some Christmas spirit to Angel Square.
Thursday: Marty and Tea go head to head; John’s interest in Marty has Blair’s attention; Moe prompts Dorian to do some soul searching.
Friday: Tea goes after Marty on the witness stand; Cole makes a threat on Todd’s life; Sarah confronts Cristian.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) – The sound of goodbye. THIS WEEK ON: ALL MY CHILDREN
- Jesse stops Annie from strangling Aidan to death. Aidan passes Jesse’s polygraph test. Jack shares his observation with Ryan. Jake and Greenlee commiserate. Ryan learns Annie is being moved to Oak Haven. Ryan is shaken as he sees the extent of Annie’s mental deterioration. Annie and Ryan share an emotional goodbye at Oak Haven. Aidan moves into Oak Haven as a patient.
- A sick Brot is taken to to the hospital. Jake’s heart breaks as he listens to Taylor’s words of love for Brot. Taylor challenges Brot to tell her he doesn’t love her to her face after finding the engagement ring he claimed he never bought. Jake challenges Brot to not run from his feelings. Brot makes a decision.
- Rebecca loses consciousness. Jesse and Natalia beg Angie to resuscitate Rebecca. David confronts Angie on disregarding Rebecca’s DNR form. Natalia lashes out at Angie when she tells her that Rebecca will have to be taken off life support. A miracle occurs in the midst of Natalia, Jesse, Angie and Frankie saying their goodbyes to Rebecca.
- Reese and Zach end up stranded together in a cabin in the woods. Zach and Reese continue to keep the truth from Bianca. Zach insists that David perform a miracle after an unfortunate mix-up mistakenly leads Zach to believe that Kendall woke up. Zach pleads with Kendall to come back to him. Reese confronts Bianca after a disastrous visit from her father.
David puts suggestions into a drugged Krystal’s mind. Krystal lies to Tad. Bianca, Krystal and David end up stranded together at Wildwind. David manipulates the situation after accidentally knocking out Bianca with the drink he prepared for Krystal. David easily finagles Tad into going on a wild goose chase in the Congo. Krystal’s SOS call to David leads to her being plied with drug laced milk once again. Kathy gets to David. Krystal checks up on David and ends up pulling him into a kiss. Krystal and JR disagree about David. SON ALERTS: WEEK OF DECEMBER 15, 2008
Monday: Bianca gets an earful when she drops in on Reese’s father. Taylor opens up to Frankie about her feelings for Brot. Amanda tries to get JR to fall off the wagon.
Tuesday: David reminds Erica that she owes him one. Krystal wants to know what David’s up to with Amanda. Annie attacks Ryan when he visits her at Oak Haven.
Wednesday: Aidan fills Annie’s head with lies about Ryan. Bianca’s insecurities about her and Reese’s relationship grow stronger. David blackmails Joe to get what he wants.
Thursday: Zach and Reese are forced to reveal their secret to Bianca. Jake and Taylor run interference for Brot. Randi’s past catches up to her.
Friday: Myrtle’s family and friends remember her with love and affection. All of Pine Valley gathers to pay tribute to Myrtle. Zach ensures that Myrtle will never be forgotten.
(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Who’s coming? Who’s returning? Who’s going? Who’s staying? Who’s Coming?
- Brett Claywell joins the cast of “One Life to Live.” The 30-year-old actor, best known as Tim Smith on the CW’s “One Tree Hill,” joins the cast in January as a sauve high school teacher named Schuyler. Claywell beat out several other actors for the role, including Scott Clifton (ex-Dillon, “General Hospital”). In addition to “One Tree Hill,” Claywell has also appeared in several movies, including “20 Funerals,” “The Final Season,” “Senior Skip Day,” and “Babysitter Wanted.” Claywell also guest starred on “Dawson’s Creek.” No first airdate has been announced, however look for Claywell to debut in the contract role sometime in January.
- “OLTL” is currently casting the contract role of Talia’s younger sister Stacy, who is decribed as a rebellious teenager.
- Stephanie Schmahl takes over the role of Bree Brennan the week of December 8th.
- Tari Signor briefly returns as Margaret’s ghost when she taunts a jailed Todd Manning the week of December 15th.
- Tonja Walker will return as Alex Olanov sometime in the next couple months after hearing of ex-husband David Vickers’ recently claimed inheritance. No first airdate has yet been announced for Walker, however her return is expected to be only short-term. Walker has portrayed Alex on and off since 1997.
- Tuc Watkins returns as David Vickers during the week of December 22nd.
- Phil Carey pays another visit to Llanview in spirit form in late December. Carey portrayed Asa Buchanan from 1979 until 2007; he returned earlier this year as Asa’s ghost.
- Kamar de lose Reyes hints to ABC Soaps in Depth that he may not renew his contract with “OLTL” when it expires in January. According to de los Reyes, “I realized that after 10 years of being on ‘One Life to Live,’ Antonio is no longer the central figure that I believe he deserves to be. I realize that is not intentional on the show’s part, but over the years, he has become less and less valued. I believe that there is a cut-off point for characters…and I think it may be time to say goodbye.” De los Reyes, who has portrayed gang leader turned cop Antonio Vega on and off since 1995, goes on to mention that “We haven’t talked about what plans they have for Antonio and how they would want to see him go if I decide to leave. I consider my colleagues to be family, and I am forever grateful to the powers that be for the opportunity to be part of the best show in daytime. However, it may be time for me to say, ‘C’est la vie.’” While still in contract negotiations with the daytime drama, de los Reyes reveals that his present contract expires January 5th, which will allow him to continue to appear on screen as Antonio through at least the start of February 2009.
- Bree Williamson is taking a month long vacation to New Zealand with her husband during this holiday season, which may possibly result in her characters (Jess, Tess, and Bess) taking a brief hiatus. However a spokesperson for “OLTL” refused to comment on how Williamson’s vacation may or may not affect her airtime.
- Maureen Mueller exits the role of Dr. Joplin on December 5th, when the guilt-ridden Doc kills herself.
The instantly recognizable “Days of Our Lives” theme song has regularly accompanied the hit soap opera’s opening sequence as it has aired nearly every weekday since November 8, 1965 on the NBC network in the United States. Introduced by the famous spoken lines, “like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives,” the song was composed by Tommy Boyce, Bobby Hart and Charles Albertine. The tune’s original recording was arranged in the C Major key for a small chamber string ensemble augmented by woodwinds, guitar and glockenspiel, and was updated only once with a re-recorded 1993 arrangement augmented by synthesizers and other electronic instruments.
Since its debut, Days of Our Lives has since been syndicated to many countries around the world, in addition to receiving acclaim critics and fans alike. The show has won a number of awards, including a Daytime Emmy for Best Drama in 1978, as well as the Writers Guild of America award for Best Drama in 2000. In addition, many of the Days of Our Lives actors have won various Emmy Awards for their work on the program, including Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, among others.
By connecting songwriters with fans, SongVest has created a new and viable venue for the trading of artists’ intellectual and commercial property – their song rights and multiple associated royalty streams. Buyers make money every time the songwriter does; and using SongVest’s personalized, hassle-free Music Mogul Dashboard™, they can easily track the performance of their song portfolio. And because all transactions are reviewed and managed by legal and financial experts to make sure they’re entirely lawful, and that future royalty payments are sent promptly, buyers can play their song all the way to the bank, secure with the SongVest management team that has more than 50 years experience in the songwriting industry. About SongVest
“Your Favorite Song. Don’t Just Love It. Own It.”
SongVest’s management team has more than 50 years experience in the songwriting industry, and their board of advisors is comprised of top talent in the areas of entertainment marketing, entertainment law, and music publishing. Chief Marketing Officer David Prohaska is a seasoned music marketing executive who has worked in startup mode for both music and technology companies. Advisory Board members include Jeffrey Foskett, a music industry insider who has worked with Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Elton John, and more; Dave Spero, a legendary artist manager and noted music memorabilia collector who has worked closely with the Eagles, Cat Stevens, and the Allman Brothers’ Dickey Betts; and Michael Lloyd, producer who has sold more than 100 million records with artists such as Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr. and Barry Manilow.
“Days of our Lives” air Weekdays on NBC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.